Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179952Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2010, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've just finished watching "Savage Streets", a bit of a mixed bag, I felt. Kind of like a 80s chick flick with rape and revenge bunged in for the boys. Blair is excellent throughout. To be honest, I found the revenge ending rushed and a tad dull but overall it's a fun piece of 80s trash cinema.
Old 27th August 2010, 01:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just fin watching Dead an buried ...nvr seen it b4 thought it was atmospheric but 1 thing puzzled me.. if your a deputy of a small town and knew every 1 then if new ppl where turning up dead or alive then surly you notice all the new ppl being in your town ?
Old 27th August 2010, 07:12 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Finally got my wife to watch Heathers, one of my favourite films of all time! She fell asleep... but I enjoyed it again!
Old 27th August 2010, 07:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ha ha ha I feel for you Paul.Once in a while i will find a DVD of a movie that I love and will go home and wait until I can watch it with my girlfriend only for her to be bored out of her mind or completely interested in it.Its hard being a movie nerd sometimes.
Old 27th August 2010, 08:35 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Its hard being a movie nerd sometimes.
I'm getting that put on a T-Shirt!
Old 27th August 2010, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRobinson View Post
I'm getting that put on a T-Shirt!
Can I have one too?

I'd like to get one for my partner too saying "It's hard loving a movie nerd sometimes"

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 27th August 2010, 10:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Breathless
Low budget domestic drama from Korea. Violent and foul mouthed. Well acted but more than a little repetative after a while. After you've seen a few violent stompings it begins to loose its shock value. I must confess I have never read the "C" word so many times......... ever!!!! The film was obviously a labour of love for writer/director/producer/star Jang Ik-Joon but even though I enjoyed it overall I doubt if this will be one that I will be returning to again at any time soon.

Phobia
Anthology horror from Thailand bringing together four ghostly tales. The quality of each segment is pretty high with no time wasted on a linking story. Each runs at around 25 minutes making this perfect for watching as individual shorts/time fillers if you didn't have time for the whole movie. There is some gore on offer here and there but on the whole the short stories are more about atmosphere and building tension. Recommended for fans of Asian horror.

Enter The Ninja
I remember when this came out and people in general raved about it. I never saw it then and I wish I hadn't seen it now. The usually reliable Franco Nero is totally out of place. The final fight with Sho Kosugi is a real anti-climax. Even the high cheese factor in general doesn't make this worthwhile. I was hoping it would at least be fun. Ho hum

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 27th August 2010, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

I've had an evening of filth: "Sexual Witchcraft", "Rites of Uranus", "Satan's Sex Slaves" and "The Seduction of Amy". All highly amusing in a hairy 70s devilish way.

I'm not sure what I could put on a T-shirt after watching that lot but I bet Mrs MTDS' comment of "What's wrong with you" would do.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've had an evening of filth: "Sexual Witchcraft", "Rites of Uranus", "Satan's Sex Slaves" and "The Seduction of Amy". All highly amusing in a hairy 70s devilish way.

I'm not sure what I could put on a T-shirt after watching that lot but I bet Mrs MTDS' comment of "What's wrong with you" would do.
That sounds like one hell of an evening! It's no wonder your Other Half came up with that statement!
Old 28th August 2010, 12:04 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just fin watching Dead an buried ...nvr seen it b4 thought it was atmospheric but 1 thing puzzled me.. if your a deputy of a small town and knew every 1 then if new ppl where turning up dead or alive then surly you notice all the new ppl being in your town ?
I love that movie. The first time you see the ending, even if you see it coming, is great.

I watched Centurion last night. I really like Neil Marshall and I thought this was enjoyable. Having said that, I think its his weakest film. Decent film, stunning cinematography - but I felt the perfomances were weak and the storyline slightly moribund. On the plus side the wolf-girl baddie was great.

Last edited by re.form; 28th August 2010 at 07:45 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!