Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2021, 03:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 days of unseen horror

Film 30

exorcismo-spanish-movie-poster-md.jpg

A young woman and her fiance go to a drug party and on the way home they are involved in a car accident they both survive relatively unharmed but Leila is taken to the hospital where her behaviour has totally changed she is now filled with hate and aggression especially towards her family. They seek the help of an old family friends and priest from the village to talk to her but she keeps getting worse and worse until they realise that the woman is possessed by the spirit of her dead father.

This one took a but to get going there is a lot of screaming abuse people crying and Paul Naschy very stylishly smoking his pipe in various places constantly strolling about the room while people are trying to have a conversation with him looking for better lighting and angles to show off his very fetching beard peering from his pipe smoke. The possession scenes are acted great with such violent movements and contortions of the body it looks very real and also quite painful. Once the demon takes full control of Leila there is some great looking creepy makeup shame they didn't get the vomit look right rather than just dribbling water it would of looked alot more effective. It's a decent film but i took too long to get to the possession really because it just felt too rushed when it did happen.

6/10
Old 30th October 2021, 03:12 PM
Cult Master

30 days 30 films i haven't seen before this has been the best year so far most of the films i watched this time were all great with the odd bad one but can't complain. The highlight was definitely The Screaming Skull and it is going to be a forever favorite from now on.

Thanks for all the likes and comments it was a lot of fun until next year

Now i just have to make my list for tonight into tomorrow. No point posting reviews for those films everyone has been them over and over i'll just post a pic of the list.

Old 30th October 2021, 04:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My favourite version of Dracula , it's beautifully shot, a great soundtrack with some good performances if you forget Reeves English accent which is the worst after Dick Van Dykes dreadful accent in Mary Poppins!

As much as love Cushing I just love Hopkins OTT and unhinged performance of Van Helsing. Unlike of lot productions it's closer to the novel apart from the added love story .

Now watchng.

Old 30th October 2021, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Opera

Argento's last stand??
Fanaticism. Everywhere you go, someone is obssessed by something
It could just be chips, it could also be rather unhealthy
An opera singer finds her schedule is somewhat affected by the attention of a mysterious figure. But who cares? Look at that tracking shot ffs

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th October 2021, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Return Of The Living Dead Part II. 1988.

A couple of kids find a mysterious drum owned by the army and open it up releasing a gas into the atmosphere bringing the dead back.

This starts off with a narration of the 2-4-5 toxin that was never used and how they managed to loose a drum and Captain Glover from the first movie hoping it wont happen again. James Karen and Thom Mathews return and playing a bit of a homage to the first with some references. With the first it had some unintentional comedy moments this one has more comedy placed in it even at the end how they kill the talking zombies, still entertaining.

p10561_p_v10_aa.jpg
Old 30th October 2021, 05:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

More pumpkins. Influenced by Halloween. Two for £1.50 at Morrisons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9222 (Large).JPG (55.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9221 (Large).JPG (62.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 30th October 2021, 06:33 PM
Cult Veteran

It's October 30th so you know what that means...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th October 2021, 06:56 PM
Cult Addict

Street Trash

Too long since I saw this. I remember this being the first Arrow Video release I bought, there were so many great little set pieces throughout. The cock throwing scene made me laugh so much at its campness.
Old 30th October 2021, 06:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 29th

Bad Candy (2020)

An fantastic looking if not 100% successful Halloween horror anthology of six tales of local legends as told by local DJ's Corey Taylor and Zach Galligan.

Creatively the film is excellent. There's some great gore on offer and it really has that eighties day-glow wild effects look to it ala Poltergeist. Some of the cinematography and framing is brilliantly done and the imagery is often startling and weird and delightfully unpredictable. The death metal soundtrack is also rather cool and overall the film has a proper 1980's comic book vibe to it.

Acting is decent as is the dialogue, some of it very amusing with several in jokes, but as is often the case with anthologies the individual stories vary in quality although in true Trick r' Treat style it's great to see them all interlocking throughout the film even if they don't actually converge at the end.

Of the freaky tales my faves were both early doors. The first being the drug dealer who goes to the shit hole lavatory in search of a glory hole, and the sexy mortician in her naughty nurse costume who fantasizes about f*cking a dread guy on her slab - This has a proper Fulci-esq ending to it.

Ultimately Bad Candy is a film i'll definitely return to in years to come because the imagery was so beautifully stylized.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

No need to review this other than to say...great film, looks even better on Blu-ray, thanks, Justin.

Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! (2020)

After falling asleep part way through this last year it was time to give it another go.

And i fell asleep again. Three films in one night didn't work.

I'll try again next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad_candy_xlg.jpg (103.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1877158.jpg (36.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg MV5BMDBhYjdhYzUtMjk1OS00OGM2LWExZWUtYWU2ZDVlZjBlMmYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzExMDg@._V1_.jpg (80.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 30th October 2021, 07:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A gore fueled classic with some great set pieces and some of the best zombies in the business , the scene which they start rising from the old graveyard is very atmospheric.

Brilliant it wasn't well received when it came out but has named now become a cult classic, fantastically weird tale involving Stonehenge and Halloween masks too bring about the end of the world, some great kills and set pieces , really of all the "sequels" even though it has nothing too do with the rest this is my favourite.

Last one for tonight.

Like this? Share it using the links below!