Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2020, 06:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days OF Unseen Horror

Day 18

Frankensteinscastleoffreaks.jpg

Dr Frankenstein a caveman a dwarf a hunchback attractive woman tits grave robbing sounds awesome on paper but in reality it was boring trash and not good trash i struggled through this one. Was there a plot? i dont think so if there was i dont remember .
Old 19th October 2020, 06:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days OF Unseen Horror

Day 18

Attachment 228721

Dr Frankenstein a caveman a dwarf a hunchback attractive woman tits grave robbing sounds awesome on paper but in reality it was boring trash and not good trash i struggled through this one. Was there a plot? i dont think so if there was i dont remember .
Not good is it? I got rid of my copy soon after watching it. Not one i'd ever return to.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS – The title suggests some kind of throwback to those fifties teenage / monster tie-ins, but it’s more of a post-hippie gothic made in the shadow of ‘Easy Rider’. You can see that in the semi-loose vibe and the aimless drift of its arc, as a bunch of freewheelin’ bikers get lost in the desert and have to come to terms with the fact that werewolves drive among them. It’s not very transformation-heavy – it was made in the early seventies, before werewolves became synonymous with the armouries of special effects make up artists, the rock stars of the new mood in horror just around the corner. In fact, for the most part it’s not very werewolf-heavy full stop, and tends to chime more with the satanic hippie complex that was rife in popular culture at the time. As far as the occult connection goes, it has some great ritual sequences set in a monastery, flickering, candlelit scenes full of cowled figures and dances with snakes and skulls that strike up an effectively morbid atmosphere. Elsewhere, it’s more ‘laid back’, but I did admire its dedication to unlikeable characters, and you do get to see a bit of classic Chaneyesque at the end.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not good is it? I got rid of my copy soon after watching it. Not one i'd ever return to.
Not even boobs could save it
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MAdhouse. 2004.

A young psychiatrist intern arrives and begins to notice unorthodox treatment and slowly unravels the secrets while a patient in basement room 44 begins to tell him more.

This isn't exactly like One flew over the cuckoo's nest yet it does have a Nurse Ratched type, Lance Henriksen plays the director/Head Nurse of the facility who seems to administer a certain drug to patients and when killings begins around he suspects a patient. Joshua Leonard plays the new intern hoping to uncover some patient's secrets and look into the behavior. This wasn't exactly edge of your seat horror/thriller type movie, it was interesting as you think you have discovered the killer and then comes a curve ball, there was one decent blood splatter, the actors do try to keep it entertaining but it's best watched in the dark and with a open mind.

Madhouse-2004-movie-William-Butler-1.jpg
Old 19th October 2020, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days OF Unseen Horror

Day 18

Attachment 228721

Will score that one off my list
Old 19th October 2020, 07:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Will score that one off my list
Usually i would say give it a try maybe it just wasnt for me but honestly this is not for anyone
Old 19th October 2020, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Murderous devil worshippers, Jamie Lee Curtis younger sister , Herbert Lom fiddling with his package and a white rabbit. While it's quite atmospheric it's also slow , dull and somewhat confusing. 6/10

Im getting to the point were I get all horrid out so might just go to one film a day

Last edited by trebor8273; 19th October 2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

51L+9Rw0AUL._AC_.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg
ZOMBI 2 (1979)

Film viewing dropped off these past days due to work and things going on.
So what better way to get back in the game than this movie.
What can you say? Fracking awesome!
For me, the best zombie make up ever. The way they move as well, with the eyes closed is bloody great.
My favourite Fulci.
Old 19th October 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hmmm, it's easily been a month since I watched that one. REWATCH!!!!

Ahem.
Watching Rabbits, as it's still the scariest thing I've seen him do yet.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!