All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2018, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought the ticket before we had 'the conversation' about saving money I'd also had the album on pre-order and pre-orders don't count haha

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th September 2018, 06:58 AM
Cult Addict

Kerrang! have a limited release of behemoth demos on cassette. Limited to 300
https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/pic...s-kerrang-300/

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 25th September 2018, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Kerrang! have a limited release of behemoth demos on cassette. Limited to 300
https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/pic...s-kerrang-300/

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
I'm tempted but it's £6.50 more expensive than normal issues... £11.63

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2018, 11:23 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It looks a pretty good issue anyway. Especially with a Mayhem feature as well.

Why the **** did they have to go and ruin it with a Fall Out Boy poster section though?
Old 12th October 2018, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran

This is the last chance to order a signed copy of Necrobutcher's book The Death Archives: Mayhem 84-94

https://store.cryptofthewizard.com/*...er*-p115819719

He will be doing an instore signing in the London shop but they will take online orders to be posted out too.

I've been after this book for a while but it's been out of print so I'm grabbing one! Pre-order has been announced to end today, I missed the initial announcement last week!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th October 2018, 04:20 PM
Cult Master

October 16th, 1985

San Fransisco band Possessed release their album '7 Churches', and the "Death Metal" genre is invented

From Wikipedia: "While Florida's Death had released more albums and is also cited as an enduring death metal progenitor, Seven Churches pre-dated the latter band's 1987 debut, Scream Bloody Gore by two years. The book Choosing Death: The Improbable History of Death Metal and Grindcore credited bassist/vocalist Jeff Becerra as initially creating the term in 1983.

Seven Churches has been interchangeably described as "connecting the dots between thrash metal and death metal", being "monumental" in developing the death metal style, and as being the "first death metal album", the latter attributed to interviews with (or literature by) musicians including Kam Lee (ex-Mantas/Death, ex-Massacre), the late Ronnie James Dio (ex-Dio, ex-Black Sabbath) and Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Opeth). Former Napalm Death drummer Mick Harris said his introduction to metal was Possessed's Seven Churches album, a personal recommendation to him by then-guitarist Justin Broadrick.

In its July 1986 review of Seven Churches, SPIN described the album as belonging to the "sub-mutated genre of death-metal" and being a "full-on Japanese-commuter-train-without-brakes of what this genre should sound like...bassist/vocalist Jeff Becerra regurgitates what have to be the most Stygian vocal utterances to date."

British extreme metal record label Earache Records stated that "....the likes of Trey Azagthoth and Morbid Angel based what they were doing in their formative years on the Possessed blueprint laid down on the legendary Seven Churches recording. Possessed arguably did more to further the cause of 'Death Metal' than any of the early acts on the scene back in the mid-late 80's.""

Meanwhile, I have a rather amusing story about the first time I played the album, the level of the volume control on my record player, and the ultimate fate of my speakers...

Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th January 2019, 12:11 PM
Cult Master

One of the best Black Metal bands to emerge into the scene in many years Bathushka has sadly been infiltrated by greed and now a court battle is coming for rights to the name and image rights. This was a band set up to remain anonymous and mysterious but but now the founder lyricist and the composer of all their music has had to come out and reveal himself to the world because the vocalist be brought in has banned him from the official site and all social media in an attempt to steal everything from him.

It kills me to see this type of thing happening it really does just like Gorgoroth and Immortal went through their drama but hopefull their will be a similar outcome. Abbath has is own thing and Immortal have really gone back to their Black Metal roots just has Gorgoroth has gone down that route also and Gaahl has moved on to do some great projects himself silver lining and all that.

Its times like this that I'm taken out of my fantasy world and realise its not all Satan and hanging out in forests but it's business

The true spirit of Black Metal dies a little more each day
Old 13th January 2019, 12:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Look forward to listening to all the new music you post, Nordy. You've been sadly missed on this thread.

Which album would you recommend most?

Enslaved - In Times or Immortal - All Shall Fall.

I have albums already by both bands but just wondered which of these mid 2010'S records was thought best of.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 13th January 2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 13th January 2019, 01:30 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Look forward to listening to all the new music you post, Nordy. You've been sadly missed on this thread.

Which album would you recommend most?

Enslaved - In Times or Immortal - All Shall Fall.

I have albums already by both bands but just wondered which of these mid 2010'S records was thought best of.
That's a tough one both bring something else to the table. Immortal is always more of a straight forward Black Metal a bit more technical as the albums progress but still follows the blueprint of Black Metal. Enslaved continues with the more Prog Black Metal so each album is its own thing In Times has much more brutal vocals than the last few albums but they still manage to bland the brutal with those softer moments of the album never feel forced or out of place.
Old 13th January 2019, 03:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
That's a tough one both bring something else to the table. Immortal is always more of a straight forward Black Metal a bit more technical as the albums progress but still follows the blueprint of Black Metal. Enslaved continues with the more Prog Black Metal so each album is its own thing In Times has much more brutal vocals than the last few albums but they still manage to bland the brutal with those softer moments of the album never feel forced or out of place.
Cheers.

I'm none the wiser really though as both sound good.

I was looking for an album to go with Behemoth's The Satanist in a Music Magpie two for £10 cd offer.

I'll probably go with Immortal as i've got all their albums up to this and the new one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!