Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

UpCDownC - Embers. Awesome album!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 1st December 2008, 12:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Stricken's my most played song on Guitar Hero 3 I think It's so satisfying.

I was always more inclined to alternative music as a youngster and I'd quite happily sit and watch their video's on the Kerrang! channel and stuff, I remember enjoying tunes like 'November Rain' and 'You Could Be Mine' and that when I was younger. I just never really felt passionate about them. It wasn't until I heard heavier stuff that I really got excited about music and became a real fan, around the age of 13 or 14 when I started discovering bands like Machine Head, Pantera, Fear Factory, Sepultura and the like.

Metallica are another band I've never been too fussed about, I don't mind some of their earlier stuff (Justice for all was by far their best album IMO) but rock music in general's just never really got me excited the way metal did.

I'll give G'N'R's new stuff a blast at some point tonight, I'm actually quite interested to hear what it's like what with it being 15 years in the making an' all
I used to be a huge Metallica fan but became too disillusioned with them after hearing one mediocre album after another. I never liked their Black album but after hearing the ones that came after I began to appreciate it a little more but not too much. Load was bad, Reload was very bad, Garage Inc. was bloated and quite pointless, S&M was also pointless and an ego massage if anything and it was all rounded off with one of the worst albums ever produced imo - St. Anger. I still ain't got round to their new one and am in no rush either. Their '80s material was brilliant though. Justice was always my favourite but I'm too familiar with it now so my favourite is Master Of Puppets with And Justice For All, Ride The Lightning and Kill 'Em All just behind. I think Metal Militia is one of the great metal songs.

To be honest though I've always been a bigger Megadeth fan than a Metallica one.

So your opinion on Chinese Democracy please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
UpCDownC - Embers. Awesome album!
I had a quick listen to them yesterday after reading this post. They sound alright but I'll need to listen again. They're certainly a lot softer than what I normally listen to judging by those songs.
Old 1st December 2008, 12:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I had a quick listen to them yesterday after reading this post. They sound alright but I'll need to listen again. They're certainly a lot softer than what I normally listen to judging by those songs.
Yeah, they are nice an chilled; but they can rock out when they feel the need. Our Flowers is my most played, it's boot-iful it is.

You might want to check out a group called Zombi as well, they're like Goblin... only from Pittsburgh... and are modern! ha.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Cloud, I had a listen to 'Chinese Democracy', 'Shacklers Revenge' and 'Better' on G'N'R's myspace page yesterday. I have to admit, even though it's not really my cup of tea they're pretty decent songs, better than I expected. It's not something I'd normally listen to but I might give them a few more plays just to really get a better perspective on them (it's very hard to properly judge a song after one listen). Might check out a few more tracks aswell, any recommendations?
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cheers, I'll listen to them more soon. I really need to check out their MySpace page but keep forgetting.

Glad to hear you liked those songs. In terms of catchiness Axl really has nailed it. If anything their new songs are too catchy to the point where you can't get them out of your head.

My recommendations are:

There Was A Time (best song on the album, it's masterful)
If The World (very Faith No More sounding)
IRS
Prostitute
Scraped (probably the catchiest song on the album)

If you like them then you're onto a winner .
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dont forget to listen to my songs Cloud.
Old 3rd December 2008, 04:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Thanks for the recommendations cloud.

I was wondering, would any of you guys be interested in reading/ contributing to a CD reviews thread. I was thinking of setting one up ages ago as theres an option for music related reviews. Let me know if your up for it and I'll start one.
Old 3rd December 2008, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hahaha, how persistent is Vips! I did listen to one you recommended (shown on The Young Ones) but wasn't keen. It sounded a lot like The Clash and I can't stand '70s Punk.

No worries Hal. Let us know how you get on with them. Remember, whenever you wanna have a listen then YouTube is the place to go. Get that air guitar out ready for THERE WAS A TIME .

As for a CD reviews thread? To be honest I've never reviewed an album before. I wouldn't even know where to begin. But go ahead and I shall read with keen interest. Just no Metalcore por favor .
Old 3rd December 2008, 06:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I kind of hoped you guys'd wanna add your own reviews rather than it just being me banging on about metalcore Thought you'd be giving your two cents on G'N'R's new album cloud. Oh well, I'll start one anyway, if it fades into obscurity then so be it
Old 3rd December 2008, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oh don't worry there, Vips will certainly be reviewing every Nine Below Zero album .

Are you an NBZ fan, Hal?

Like this? Share it using the links below!