Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:34 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Bey Logan is the king of commentaries for Asian action cinema DVD/BDs, so that is awesome news.
I have a real problem with Bey Logan commentaries - they contain so much information, I have to listen to them a couple of times to take everything in!!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm more than happy with the US disc of Invasion U.S.A. with it's director's commentary and almost 50 minutes of interviews. Another one I'll be giving a miss here.
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
88 films will be releasing buio omega wonder if they will be using Severin transfer
I would love to be a fly on the wall the day that is shown at the BBFC.
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist

[QUOTE=mr 420;486807]I would love to be a fly on the wall the day that is shown at the BBFC. [/QUOT

The new US blu ray will be uncut
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
88 films will be releasing buio omega wonder if they will be using Severin transfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I suspect they will want to see if they can do a Burial ground with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I would love to be a fly on the wall the day that is shown at the BBFC.
Apparently it's uncensored and uncut

From FaceBook:

"FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT #3

God bless the late, and dearly missed, Joe D'Amato (Aristide Massaccesi). Not only did the censor-baiting Svengali of sleaze give us such video nasty masterpieces as ABSURD (1981) and ANTHROPOPHAGOUS (1980), as well as the sexploitation classic ELEVEN DAYS, ELEVEN NIGHTS (1987), he also unleashed one of Euro-horror's grisliest gore-fests in 1979's frequently-censored BEYOND THE DARKNESS! Focusing on a PSYCHO-style story of a young loner, under the authority of a besotted but blood-thirsty matriarch, who enjoys bouts of human taxidermy, bodily mutilation and cannibalism - this crimson-ridden splatter caper might just be D'Amato's crowning achievement. Starring the legendary Cinzea Monreale (THE BEYOND) as a beautiful blonde who is lured into the killer's premises, BEYOND THE DARKNESS also features a sublime score from prog-rockers Goblin (TENEBRAE) and a sick, but nonetheless satisfying, sense of humour. Also known as BURIED ALIVE, this D'Amato classic is finally making its UK HD premiere - uncut and uncensored!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I'll wait for the Severin's release. I'll have great extras, as well as a good transfer. But if 88 Films decide to include Buio omega in the same Indiegogo campeign with Absurd, that will be completely different story.
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
I'll wait for the Severin's release. I'll have great extras, as well as a good transfer. But if 88 Films decide to include Buio omega in the same Indiegogo campeign with Absurd, that will be completely different story.
Or they might Be using severin transfer
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently it's uncensored and uncut

From FaceBook:

"FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT #3

God bless the late, and dearly missed, Joe D'Amato (Aristide Massaccesi). Not only did the censor-baiting Svengali of sleaze give us such video nasty masterpieces as ABSURD (1981) and ANTHROPOPHAGOUS (1980), as well as the sexploitation classic ELEVEN DAYS, ELEVEN NIGHTS (1987), he also unleashed one of Euro-horror's grisliest gore-fests in 1979's frequently-censored BEYOND THE DARKNESS! Focusing on a PSYCHO-style story of a young loner, under the authority of a besotted but blood-thirsty matriarch, who enjoys bouts of human taxidermy, bodily mutilation and cannibalism - this crimson-ridden splatter caper might just be D'Amato's crowning achievement. Starring the legendary Cinzea Monreale (THE BEYOND) as a beautiful blonde who is lured into the killer's premises, BEYOND THE DARKNESS also features a sublime score from prog-rockers Goblin (TENEBRAE) and a sick, but nonetheless satisfying, sense of humour. Also known as BURIED ALIVE, this D'Amato classic is finally making its UK HD premiere - uncut and uncensored!"
That will be a day one purchase. I've always been rather partial to that Goblin score.
Crimson Blade and keirarts like this.
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I have a real problem with Bey Logan commentaries - they contain so much information, I have to listen to them a couple of times to take everything in!!!!
That's what I like most about them. Guillermo del Toro's commentaries are similar.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd April 2016, 11:11 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I see the American Ninja blu's are being re-released with the new 88 template...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461409803.285369.jpg

Just kidding! But you see how silly some stuff might look.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!