Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2015, 04:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Films View Post
We just thought we'd clear up a little confusion.

We are in discussions with Severin for them to access our masters.

We are remastering Burial Ground now and they are going to use that as things stand.

We talked about licensing the Zombi Holocaust master to them but that's as far as it's got.

The masters for Anthropophagous, Emanuelle etc are from the licensor.
Awesome! Thansk for clearing things up. Much appreciated!
Old 12th August 2015, 05:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkant View Post
Well, I think 88 films might be telling lies here.

I heard from some guy on Facebook who’s mates mums dog groomer, who’s married to a guy who washes the windows at the milkman who delivers milk to some guy who once watched a Zombie Holocaust and Burial ground in a double bill in Preston in the 80s, that Severin will not be using 88 films negative, because they have their own better one.
They created a time machine which took them back to the set of Burial ground and they used 3d cameras to film it and then come back and that is the copy that will be released. I hear there is a secret shot where you can see Robocop and the Terminator having a cup of tea in the background….. bet 88 films version doesn’t have that….
If this post was meant for me I didn't made anything up. I just passed the info I had been given and also provided some screenshots. Guess I won't be doing anything like it again. Say hello to Robocop and Terminator having tea in the background.
Old 12th August 2015, 05:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

We are remastering Burial Ground now and they are going to use that as things stand.

We talked about licensing the Zombi Holocaust master to them but that's as far as it's got.

88 Films, while you're here maybe you could give some info on the magenta banding on Antropophagus, A Blade in the Dark and Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals (the screenshot you posted on facebook).
Old 12th August 2015, 05:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Does anyone know whether 88 intend to release Evilspeak on to Blu-ray? I got an artcard for it inside my Anthropophagus DVD. It'll be good news if they are as it's one of my fave nasties. It will also be interesting to see, if they do intend to release it, whether it will be the extended version or the shorter version of the film.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:03 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
If this post was meant for me I didn't made anything up. I just passed the info I had been given and also provided some screenshots. Guess I won't be doing anything like it again. Say hello to Robocop and Terminator having tea in the background.
No, not aimed at you at all. Just having a laugh mate.

If anything, it's poking fun at the good people on blu rage who take one bit of gossip as fact. This film transfer will be rubbish be cause 88 films have it but if someone else releases it, it would be amazing.

The way I see, the picture is not perfect because of the Italian negatives and not down to who releases it. If arrow released it, it would look the same, but Arrow wouldn't go for something with a negative like that. So its down to if you want a slightly better picture than the dvd or not. It's your money, it's your choice.... I'm rambling now so I'll leave it at that.

If I offended you, please accept my apologies. It wasn't intended.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th August 2015, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkant View Post
No, not aimed at you at all. Just having a laugh mate.

If anything, it's poking fun at the good people on blu rage who take one bit of gossip as fact. This film transfer will be rubbish be cause 88 films have it but if someone else releases it, it would be amazing.

The way I see, the picture is not perfect because of the Italian negatives and not down to who releases it. If arrow released it, it would look the same, but Arrow wouldn't go for something with a negative like that. So its down to if you want a slightly better picture than the dvd or not. It's your money, it's your choice.... I'm rambling now so I'll leave it at that.

If I offended you, please accept my apologies. It wasn't intended.
All's fine, you didn't offend me
Old 12th August 2015, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wonder if Severin would share their special features with 88 in exchange for the use of their master?
Old 12th August 2015, 09:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Fantastic, thank you for clearing up my worries! Best of luck remastering Burial Ground then.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 13th August 2015, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:

Sounds good, for me the decision on which version to buy will now come down to the extras.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th August 2015, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just saw the specs you put up for Burial Ground, have to say I've very pleased about including two different transfers

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!