Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2018, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
just looked the website of these guys and have to say its amateurish with lots of mistakes and sure most of the films they listed they don't own the rights too. sure seen some of there stuff on amazon video and the picture quality was no better than a VHS rip. strange they have stuff listed that code red released, could he be involved.

really just seems another case of xenophobia just like bill and a lot of other american labels.

Horror -- All Libraries

noticed they also say they own horror hotel/ city of the dead
5 Bucks says Bill has it lined up for the US market.

It'll go a little something like this. Bill has it in the US, but 88 thought they licensed it for the UK. 88 put it out, only to be told by Arrow that they have it. Arrow likely have it for the UK AND US, and when they inevitably release it, whether individual or in AHP Vol 2, Bill will crack the shits and stick out his own release, a la Pit Stop.
g053584398 and keirarts like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 28th March 2018, 11:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

i wonder if this is the sticking point that Fran Simeoni was referring to that was holding up AHP2?

a lot of the films the company have listed as owning the rights to are definitely public domain in US - that's not to say they don't own the rights to some of them. Wade Williams is another huckster that operates in both public domain and legitimately held rights territory.

just because 88 got stung doesn't mean they are dodgy - 99% of their releases are legitimate and anyone can be misled. i do think continuing to aggressively promote your illegal release knowing that a cease and desist notice is coming into effect is a bit naughty...
Old 28th March 2018, 12:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Looking into them they just release unrestored public domain films. I'm not sure what the issue with 88 Films is. I doubt it's anything to do with Arrow.

Who restored the print for Blood Harvest?
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 12:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Also what has this to do with Code Red?

Does nobody actually read posts anymore?

I jokingly said that Bill from Code Red was right about 88 Films all along and everyone seems to think they are part of it.
Old 28th March 2018, 12:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Presumably Code Red licenses from this company too, judging from some of their wares. I tend to think it's very much legit. We've known about the Blood Harvest 88 Films / Arrow thing for a while, Calum posted about it in this thread, with this company being the one blocking the release, and seemingly being one Arrow has worked with before, it seems more than likely to be legitimate to me.

The rumours of a Larraz set coming from Arrow seem to stack too, with four of the titles potentially being Vampyres, Black Candles, Deadly Manor and Stigma judging from that site. Although two of these have US releases already, so potentially a two film set, or a UK only box set? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 28th March 2018, 12:55 PM
Cult Addict

Chances are this company is doing it for a reaction. So if 88 films says something aggressive they could sue for slander

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

The rumours of a Larraz set coming from Arrow seem to stack too, with four of the titles potentially being Vampyres, Black Candles, Deadly Manor and Stigma judging from that site. Although two of these have US releases already, so potentially a two film set, or a UK only box set? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Is Deadly Manor supposed to be coming out via Arrow?

That's one really poor film.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 01:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is Deadly Manor supposed to be coming out via Arrow?

That's one really poor film.
No idea, all we know is Arrow apparently have something Larraz related in the works. Potentially a box set.

Source.
Old 28th March 2018, 01:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No idea, all we know is Arrow apparently have something Larraz related in the works.
Pegasus released it on dvd. They are another lot of public domain shysters.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 01:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
No idea, all we know is Arrow apparently have something Larraz related in the works. Potentially a box set.

Source.
That was based off the plastic teeth clue which ended up being the Japanese vampire trilogy thing.

Also I brought Bill and Code Red in because a lot of titles on that page have been or are being released by Bill
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!