Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2021, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Yeah, that's a good call, you know there will be another network sale before the end of the year anyway!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th July 2021, 10:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Yeah, that's a good call, you know there will be another network sale before the end of the year anyway!
It really doesn't take much to spend £50+ in one go on a few new items. Especially the sort of things we collect.
Old 29th July 2021, 07:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's okay overlapping every so often but not every month.

I think my leisure spend of up to £200 a month is high anyway without keep going over that mark.

I'd like to pick up some Powerhouse titles in August...
Dem, there'll be another Powerhouse sale before the end of the year. It has been in August previously but also it's been November.

I also try to keep a monthly spend (can't always stick to it ) but I don't always use it. Sometimes I squirrel it away knowing that sales are coming to get more bang for my buck.

Sales still to come this year: Powerhouse, Network, 88, Diabolik (Arrow - good time to pick up the US titles), Severin, VS, Mondo Macabro, another Arrow... I'm sure there must be more?
Old 29th July 2021, 07:44 AM
Cult Master

I would suggest that there will be at least three more Arrow sales this year - end of August, Halloween and December / Christmas / New Year

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th July 2021, 10:03 AM
Cult Veteran

All this talk of sales is making me nervous

Demdike@Cult Labs and Rob4 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th July 2021, 11:18 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm not interested in the US sales at the moment.

If Severin have The Euro Crypt of Christopher Lee and Castle of the Creeping Flesh then i'd like those but that's about it.

If Severin would release Dr. Sadism as a stand alone i'd get that and ignore the others in the Lee box set. It doesn't appear anyone on here has bought it anyway or at least they can't be arsed to say what they think of the films which is a poor show.

There's too much obscure stuff on VS to warrant paying a fortune for whilst nothing much seems to interest me from MM anymore at least not anything i've heard of. I'm sure that a lot of them i'd like but i can't simply spend £20/30 on a single movie as a blind buy.

@Rob - You mentioned an Indicator / Powerhouse sale. Will that make the three for £30 ones even less or it is purely on standard editions and box sets not in that offer?
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 29th July 2021, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just had a browse at Mondo Macabro's site. Yes there are one or two goodies i'd like and work out at £14.50 then there's shipping and VAT. In fact there's way more from MM i'd like than VS.

I think Lenzi must have been taking the piss when i see An Ideal Place to Kill. He also did A Quiet Place to Kill.

What next A pretty good but slightly breezy, place to kill?

I know both films have other titles (Oasis of Fear / Dirty Pictures and Paranoia).
Rob4 likes this.
Old 29th July 2021, 12:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Back on the topic of Network i think this is a poor sale with just seventy titles. A bulk of those are volumes of Joe 90 and other tv shows.

Where's the like of Death Line, The League of Gentleman, The Shout etc?

Maybe next time.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 29th July 2021, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I'm not interested in the US sales at the moment.

If Severin have The Euro Crypt of Christopher Lee and Castle of the Creeping Flesh then i'd like those but that's about it.

If Severin would release Dr. Sadism as a stand alone i'd get that and ignore the others in the Lee box set. It doesn't appear anyone on here has bought it anyway or at least they can't be arsed to say what they think of the films which is a poor show.

There's too much obscure stuff on VS to warrant paying a fortune for whilst nothing much seems to interest me from MM anymore at least not anything i've heard of. I'm sure that a lot of them i'd like but i can't simply spend £20/30 on a single movie as a blind buy.

@Rob - You mentioned an Indicator / Powerhouse sale. Will that make the three for £30 ones even less or it is purely on standard editions and box sets not in that offer?
I bought the Lee package but I've not watched any of the new transfers. I have previously seen Dr. Sadism and Castle and they are both good value. I'm sure the others will be just as good based on reviews. The package itself is beautiful with a book by Rigby about Lee's European adventures.

The last Powerhouse sale the LEs dropped to £9.99 so I'm absolutely certain the standard editions were lower - £7.99 if I remember rightly.

Agreed, Mondo Macabro really deliver the goods when it comes to sleazy gems.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th July 2021, 12:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Back on the topic of Network i think this is a poor sale with just seventy titles. A bulk of those are volumes of Joe 90 and other tv shows.

Where's the like of Death Line, The League of Gentleman, The Shout etc?

Maybe next time.
I think THE SHOUT was with the previous buy one get one free sale ( great film that looks excellent on Blu Ray).
Nothing for me this time either, mind.

Like this? Share it using the links below!