Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28688Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2017, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Typical NuHoo style syrup fest. I can't imagine watching it again.
FFS!!!

You don't like Nu-Who, you don't like Genesis...are you sure you're on the right thread?
iank likes this.
Old 15th February 2017, 11:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
FFS!!!

You don't like Nu-Who, you don't like Genesis...are you sure you're on the right thread?

I think iank needs a good time lashing.

Where's Tekker when you need him?

That reminds me. I better watch Timelash again at some point. Haven't seen it for three years now.

Time toooo.....

Let's do the Timelash again....Let's do the Timelash again.... Oh well. Did try to be musical.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Philip Morris has made a rather cheeky post on Twitter that seems to hint at an Underwater Menace recovery. There is also a special event coming in May to "celebrate" the missing episodes at which he is scheduled to attend. Don't get your hopes up but you never know...
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 16th February 2017, 04:46 AM
Cult Master

It's obviously speculation, supposition and a whole mill of salt, but...

Doctor Who: Tilda Swinton is firm favourite to be the next Doctor | Metro News

Top ten odds:

Tilda Swinton – 7/2 (Favourite)
Kris Marshall – 4/1
Olivia Colman – 5/1
Maxine Peake – 8/1
Ben Whishaw – 10/1
Richard Ayoade – 10/1
Andrew Buchan – 10/1
Reece Shearsmith – 12/1
Phoebe Waller-Bridge – 12/1
Rory Kinnear – 16/1

Interesting that 4 out of the 10 are women

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th February 2017, 05:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Philip Morris has made a rather cheeky post on Twitter that seems to hint at an Underwater Menace recovery. There is also a special event coming in May to "celebrate" the missing episodes at which he is scheduled to attend. Don't get your hopes up but you never know...
This is probably the new event you mentioned:

Missing Who

"REDISCOVERING DOCTOR WHO'S LOST PAST

Fantom Events are proud to unveil a special new event at Watersmeet, Rickmansworth on Saturday 27th May 2017!

From the epic journeys of Marco Polo, through the sandswept landscape of Troy, the Dalek infested colony of Vulcan, to the weed controlled oil rigs of the North Sea; many of Doctor Who's greatest adventures no longer exist for us to watch.

There are currently 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who; this day will look at these lost tales, and the stories of those returned to the archives, with the stars who appeared in the them, the crew who made them, the team who restored them, and the valiant work of those who have returned them.

We shall also be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the television debut of Deborah Watling as scream queen Victoria Waterfield, who first appeared in episode two of The Evil of the Daleks, broadcast on this day in 1967!

Providing the same friendly atmosphere we pride ourselves on, Missing Who will have the usual mix of interview panels, signings and photo opportunities!"

Announced guests include Deborah Watling and Peter Purvis. I wonder is this means some more Troughton and Hartnell have been re-discovered?
Demoncrat and iank like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th February 2017, 08:44 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 34

The Ice Warriors (1967)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TwoAndVargaTIW.jpg (37.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 16th February 2017, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Doctor Who - Inferno

Im know Who expert,so this is more like the meanderings of idiot than an expert on Dr Who,all relevant information was nicked Guv.

Well I definitely had not watched this story before,so it was a nice coming to a story knowing very little of what it was all about apart from what I had read via the synopsis. Again I will not go into all the whys and where fores of the story or plot,but it has to be said they literally throw everything and the kitchen sink into the plot.I mean we have Unit giving security to a secret project where they are trying to drill into the earth's crust to explore some sort of new energy. We also have some rather suspect green ooze seeping from the equipment which turns anyone who comes into contact with it,into a werewolf like creature. And while the Doctor is fannying about with his Tardis console,he manages to transport to a parallel dimension where things are slightly different.well that's is what you get when you mess about with nuclear power.Did I say I was not going to mention the plot,well obviously I lied didn't I.
The feeling I got with this story was it was slightly bigger than what the budget could deliver,although budgetary restrictions aside it was still very good,mind you I quite like the excuse The Brigadier gave when one of his men asked for more soldiers,I mean at best I counted about six in one shot,not exactly a large contingency of men for what seemed like a quite large area to patrol.What I did enjoy was the location,a good old fashioned industrial estate billing out clouds of god knows what into the atmosphere,and according to the internet the location was filmed at Kingsnorth Industrial Estate in Kent. Jon Pertwee was as usual very good,and a lot more serious in this story,then again the planet is on the verge of exploding so he damn well better take it all seriously. I believe this was Caroline John's last episode,and was certainly better in this than she was in her first episode,especially when in the parallel universe parts she gets to play a baddie of sorts. Olaf Pooley as the head baddie was ok,but to be honest he was more irritating than plain evil and just kept complaining all the time when he wasn't pulling bits of the computer apart.All in all a very interesting story if some what convoluted in parts,it also made for a very believable story apart from the bits about the men changing into primeval creatures,still very good indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2834696.jpg (96.4 KB, 1 views)

Old 16th February 2017, 05:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Another fine review, Inspector. I'm enjoying these.
Old 16th February 2017, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting thought.

Which is other members most watched story?
Talons/Sea Devils/Spearhead tied.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th February 2017, 05:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've currently one episode to go of Doctor Who and the Silurians.

One of my favourite Pertwee adventures, although it must be almost ten years since i last watched it. Fitting in perfectly with the rest of season 7, this features the usual bureaucratic types, in this case played by Peter Myles and Fulton Mackay, who give the Doctor as much trouble as the soddin' Silurians do.

Although there's the usual to-ing and fro-ing down to the caves this is a fairly pacy story with memorable monsters - i adore those Silurian masks - and a sixth episode full of pandemic horror as we witness Geoffrey Palmer staggering about London, disease ridden, as people drop dead all around him as the Silurian plague takes hold and the Doctor and Liz work round the clock to attempt to find a cure. It's all rather macabre, especially Palmer's final scenes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Silurians DVD Cover.jpg (92.6 KB, 2 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!