Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28680Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2018, 09:53 AM
Cult Master

Details about episodes 7 and 8 have been revealed [and I'm a bit hesitant about episode 7, expecting a big backlash from forum members!]

Episode 7 is called 'Kerblam!', and here's the official synopsis:
"'Delivery for the Doctor!' A mysterious message arrives in a package addressed to the Doctor, leading her, Graham, Yaz and Ryan to investigate the warehouse moon orbiting Kandoka, and the home of the galaxy's largest retailer: Kerblam!"
Broadchurch actress Hesmondhalgh and Would I Lie to You? comedian Lee Mack guest star.

It's the first Doctor Who script written by Pete McTighe and is directed by Jennifer Perrott, who also oversaw this weekend's episode 'The Tsuranga Conundrum'.

Hopefully, more to people's tastes is Episode 8, which is called 'The Witchfinders' and sounds like this:
"The Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz arrive in 17th century Lancashire and become embroiled in a witch trial, run by the local landowner. As fear stalks the land, the arrival of King James I only serves to intensify the witch hunt. But is there something even more dangerous at work? Can the Doctor and friends keep the people of Bilehurst Cragg safe from all the forces that are massing in the land?"
The Good Wife favourite Alan Cumming will play King James I in the episode, and Downton Abbey's Siobhan Finneran also guest stars.

Joy Wilkinson will make her Doctor Who writing debut on the instalment, while 'Arachnids in the UK' director Sallie Aprahamian is behind the camera

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2018, 06:30 PM
Cult Master

The BFI has announced its 'Missing: Believed Wiped' special 25th Birthday event for the 15th December will include the premiere of a new animated Doctor Who mini-episode based on the lost first part of the 1968 story, 'The Wheel in Space'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2018, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

They're just plain taking the piss at this point.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

After continuing the newest Season and witnessing one of the worst Stories ever made yesterday (still don't know what they were thinking, Jodie deserves much better), I've continued with my main marathon and watched The State of Decay. A stone cold masterpiece and one of the easiest Stories I will ever give full marks to. Actually I'd say that its the single most atmospheric Doctor Who story so far in the show (it'll take something amazing from the 80's to surpass it): the last 10 minutes of Blink are terrifying but only the last 10 minutes: this entire Story just oozes of atmosphere right from the start.
Mojo and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

I love Decay, and I would like that if I could.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 650

Roger Delgado as The Master in a publicity still from The Claws of Axos (1971)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76f5fd0aa155c2ddd62c9af05c24cf1c.jpg (96.4 KB, 29 views)
Mojo, Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I had to watch The Invasion last night to get that dross i watched earlier out of my mind.

Mojo and Demoncrat like this.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I had to watch The Invasion last night to get that dross i watched earlier out of my mind.

Season 6 is a near masterpiece. The Mind Robber, The Invasion, The Seeds of Death and The War Games are all top Doctor Who. The Dominators was decent, nowhere near as bad as its said to be. Only The Krotons and The Space Pirates let the side down: and even Krotons was better than this weeks episode.
Old 5th November 2018, 09:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Season 6 is a near masterpiece. The Mind Robber, The Invasion, The Seeds of Death and The War Games are all top Doctor Who. The Dominators was decent, nowhere near as bad as its said to be. Only The Krotons and The Space Pirates let the side down: and even Krotons was better than this weeks episode.
Anything is better than the last episode. I think i'd prefer to watch Fear Her on repeat before seeing that again.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 5th November 2018, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Anything is better than the last episode. I think i'd prefer to watch Fear Her on repeat before seeing that again.
I'd say anything except Underworld (I have a special kind of hatred for that one) and possibly The Space Pirates. Besides that though yeah it was that bad (still need to see Twin Dilemma and Time and the Rani though, heard bad things...) Fear Her I haven't seen in ages but I've watched it a few times and I don't remember hating it, which is amazing considering most fans despise it with a passion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!