Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2019, 05:42 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Ark In Space – Part 1
The Doctor: Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable.
The Ark In Space – Part 2
Harry: My name's Sullivan. Surgeon Lieutenant Harry, actually. And, er, this is the Doctor.
Vira: You claim to be med-techs?
Harry: Sorry?
The Doctor: Er, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
The Ark In Space – Part 3
The Doctor: Absorbed? "We shall absorb the humans"? Endoparasitism?
Sarah: [to Vira] He talks to himself sometimes because he's the only one who understands what he's talking about.
The Ark In Space – Part 4
[Sarah is crawling through a conduit threading an essential power cable behind her, when, while in the last straight shot to the end... ]
Sarah: Oh, Doctor, I can't move!
The Doctor: Of course you can. You've got this far.
Sarah: No, I'm stuck!
The Doctor: Don't panic, Sarah. Don't panic. Ease round and try again.
Sarah: I'm jammed. I can't move forward or back.
The Doctor: [suddenly cross] Oh, stop whining, girl! You're useless!
Sarah: [hurt] Oh, Doctor.
The Doctor: "Oh, Doctor"! Is that all you can say for yourself? Stupid, foolish girl! We should never have relied on you! I knew you'd let us down! That's the trouble with girls like you: you think you're tough, but when you're really up against it, you've no guts at all! [Sarah, infuriated, manages to pull herself forward again] Hundreds of lives at stake and you lie there, blubbing!
Sarah: You wait 'til I get out! [Sarah's hands emerge from the conduit. The Doctor reaches to help her out, but she bats his hands away] I can manage! I don't need your help, thank you!
The Doctor: [friendly tone] Yes, you do. Yes, you do. Yes you do. [the Doctor pulls her out of the conduit]
Sarah: Ow.
The Doctor: Splendid.
Sarah: Go away!
The Doctor: You've done marvellously, Sarah. I'm very proud of you. I really am very proud of you.
Sarah: [realizing] What? Conned again! You're a brute!
The Doctor: Me, a brute?
Sarah: Yes.
The Doctor: Don't be ungrateful. I was only encouraging you. Come on.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st May 2019, 06:28 AM
Cult Master

Proceed with caution, because this contains spoilers

Did you spot the surprise Doctor Who connection in Avengers: Endgame? | Radio Times

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st May 2019, 11:18 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Ha,ha, that was funny.

I glibly remarked elsewhere that Stark would build a .... ....... and go back and reverse the damage done by Thanos, so Disney could reap in more profits as End Game had been so successful...and that's what actually happened.

That is so shit. My sarcasm is actually what happens? FFS! Have these Disney execs no imagination?

Quick! Go back in time and save Han Solo...You know you want to.
Susan Foreman and Rob4 like this.
Old 1st May 2019, 11:22 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 26

As today is May Day it seemed the right thing to do to feature a photo of the third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) 'enjoying' the May Day celebrations in the 1971 story The Daemons.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01bb5j3.jpg (88.2 KB, 28 views)
Old 1st May 2019, 03:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ha,ha, that was funny.

I glibly remarked elsewhere that Stark would build a .... ....... and go back and reverse the damage done by Thanos, so Disney could reap in more profits as End Game had been so successful...and that's what actually happened.

That is so shit. My sarcasm is actually what happens? FFS! Have these Disney execs no imagination?

Quick! Go back in time and save Han Solo...You know you want to.
it's also been pointed out on youtube that the entire plot of Endgame has been lifted from the final episode of Star Trek Voyager. the title of this final episode is..... "Endgame"
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st May 2019, 03:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
As today is May Day it seemed the right thing to do to feature a photo of the third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) 'enjoying' the May Day celebrations in the 1971 story The Daemons.

looking at the chronology of Doctor Who this episode is my earliest memory of the programme. i remember being really freaked out that these Mayday weirdos were actually going to burn The Doctor alive. 70s telly, eh... very family friendly... memories from
Old 1st May 2019, 03:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
it's also been pointed out on youtube that the entire plot of Endgame has been lifted from the final episode of Star Trek Voyager. the title of this final episode is..... "Endgame"
Is that right? Not an original idea in their heads have they.

They basically rush these films out, seems to be one in the cinemas all year round, i hope audiences get sick of them to be honest.
Old 1st May 2019, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
looking at the chronology of Doctor Who this episode is my earliest memory of the programme. i remember being really freaked out that these Mayday weirdos were actually going to burn The Doctor alive. 70s telly, eh... very family friendly... memories from
I watched the first three episodes last night which were set before Beltane, the final two are set today, May Day, with the Morris Dancers, so i'll finish it off tonight.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st May 2019, 03:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I watched the first three episodes last night which were set before Beltane, the final two are set today, May Day, with the Morris Dancers, so i'll finish it off tonight.
whoops sorry, gave a bit of a spoiler there...
Old 1st May 2019, 04:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
whoops sorry, gave a bit of a spoiler there...
Eh?

Like this? Share it using the links below!