Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2017, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Noted ala Punisher

ST TNG getting slightly better ... tighter writing, more action etc.
Season 2 of TNG? It doesn't really start to pick up till part way into season 3, said it before TNG has aged worse than the other shows and that includes TOS.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 19th November 2017, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Season 2 of TNG? It doesn't really start to pick up till part way into season 3, said it before TNG has aged worse than the other shows and that includes TOS.
Still Series 1. Just watched 'When The Bough Breaks' etc. Interesting episode imo.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th November 2017, 07:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Punisher

I've watched the whole series and whilst excellent it wallows in mean and mood for far too long and one episode has no violence!

However...

The interjection of liberal politics in a programme that starts with an all out gun fetish opening sequence is pretty funny though.
Really? I thought it was quite nuanced.

The Punisher is Dealing with a thorny issue in regards to what a country does about the thousands of men coming back from a warzone damaged. Some physically and some mentally. The gun control debate that cropped up in one episode gave both sides a good airing and didn't pick one. Somewhat refreshing imo than some of the preachiness of some shows. My biggest annoyance with this came from Bones which started crowbarring in Fox news talking points in the middle of episodes. No looking at both sides just 'this is what you must belive'.

As for the Punisher itself I thought it was good. It felt a little like a 9 episode story stretched over 12 episodes but Its still the most coherent and intelligent attempt to put the Punisher into live action. I think people were expecting perhaps more Garth Ennis when instead we got more Chuck Dixon with a little ennis thrown in. I'm fairly certain I know where season 2 is going and I think that's where we'll see the Punisher really go off the deep end.
Old 20th November 2017, 06:34 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Really? I thought it was quite nuanced.

The Punisher is Dealing with a thorny issue in regards to what a country does about the thousands of men coming back from a warzone damaged. Some physically and some mentally. The gun control debate that cropped up in one episode gave both sides a good airing and didn't pick one. Somewhat refreshing imo than some of the preachiness of some shows. My biggest annoyance with this came from Bones which started crowbarring in Fox news talking points in the middle of episodes. No looking at both sides just 'this is what you must belive'.

As for the Punisher itself I thought it was good. It felt a little like a 9 episode story stretched over 12 episodes but Its still the most coherent and intelligent attempt to put the Punisher into live action. I think people were expecting perhaps more Garth Ennis when instead we got more Chuck Dixon with a little ennis thrown in. I'm fairly certain I know where season 2 is going and I think that's where we'll see the Punisher really go off the deep end.
More intelligent that Dolph and his skull stubble? Are you crazy...
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 20th November 2017, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Boy From Space (1971)

The Boy from Space was a childrens drama series shown during another series for children called Look and Read. Running for twenty episodes and 200 minutes i sat down to watch the first two...

...but, but, but, WTF?

The episodes are broken up or stopped every few moments by an irritating presenter and a brown dustbin who explain what's happening in the drama and wonder if we can spell SPACEMAN.

Fortunately following this nightmare scenario i noticed the BFI disc also had as a special feature The Boy From Space drama serial on it's own as a feature length presentation - all 69 minutes of it.

WTF??? (No.2) By my calculations that meant that 131 minutes of the original series was taken up by a brown dustbin and the twat next to him asking us how we can tell if the boy is from space?

Because he looks like Boris Johnson wearing blue pyjamas with silver metallic flashes on them. How the **** isn't he a ****ing alien?

Sadly not a patch on the BFI Children's Film Foundation films.

Old 20th November 2017, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Third Episode of punisher.

Started watching this

Which is very funny and is some bizzare cross of last Starfighter , terminator and quantum leap and a little back to the future, I kid you not. Basic story's man working as a janitor in a lap that is trying to cure herpes spends his time trying to beat a unbeatable game, when he finally does he finds its a training tool from the future to find recruits.

Anyone with a love of cult/ b movies should like it .
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads

In memory of the late Rodney Bewes..Rip...

51JG92EG6EL.jpg51wue0F7+JL.jpg

Old 24th November 2017, 02:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Currently watching the first series of Ripper Street. I've seen four out of eight so far. It's not bad but as it's murder of the week rather than a continuing storyline it's not exactly a page turner so to speak. Hopefully this will change as the series develops.

It's well acted with good characters and looks fantastic. Inspector Abberline was in the first episode and acted like a twat. (Difficult to believe, i know )

At times quite gruesome, any fans of Gothic horror should enjoy it.

Old 24th November 2017, 02:36 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Currently watching the first series of Ripper Street. I've seen four out of eight so far. It's not bad but as it's murder of the week rather than a continuing storyline it's not exactly a page turner so to speak. Hopefully this will change as the series develops.
It does get better
Old 24th November 2017, 05:10 PM
Cult Addict

Been watching The Apprentice, god almighty; I want to punch each one of the people on there, but still it's fun to watch these idiots f**k up

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!