Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2018, 03:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

watched first 6 episodes of Jessica Jones season 2 and season 4 and 5 of Voltron legendary defender on netflix.
Demoncrat, keirarts and Dave Boy like this.
Old 11th March 2018, 08:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW S3 EP13 "No Country for Old Dads"
Another dreary episode featuring Damien Darhk.

BLACK LIGHTNING S1 EP7 "Equinox: The Book of Fate"
Anissa gets the designs of her new costume and Black Lightning is hot on the heels of Tobias.

THE FLASH S4 EP15 "Enter Flashtime"
When a nuclear bomb explodes, Barry, Jessie and Jay enter flashtime, freezing time around them while they try to figure out how to stop it.
Great episode.

ARROW S6 EP15 "Doppelganger"
Thea becomes 'Speedy' again to help rescue Roy Harper. Yay!
Old 11th March 2018, 09:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First 6 episodes of space brothers only 93 to go!
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 12th March 2018, 08:11 AM
Cult Addict

Started watching the new series of Still Game

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 12th March 2018, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching some of this Broooooksiiiide ... ah the memories ... 'Arry Cross, the chap from Paintbox playing a smackhead, when it went from social realism to beyond surrealism

What a pity this barely scratches the surface .... couldn't stretch to even 3 discs????

Like a greatest hits where only 4 songs are any use.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th March 2018, 04:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watching some of this Broooooksiiiide ... ah the memories ... 'Arry Cross, the chap from Paintbox playing a smackhead, when it went from social realism to beyond surrealism

What a pity this barely scratches the surface .... couldn't stretch to even 3 discs????

Like a greatest hits where only 4 songs are any use.
When Brookside first started we was one of the few in the country who still couldn't get channel 4 signal, and was a few years even after getting it before I started to watch but when I did i n my opinion by far best soap on TV and watched it to the end , shame they got rid of it I know Jimmy corkhill wanted to or has at some point tried to revive it but the houses have all been done up and sold of to the general public .
Not 100% sure why the real reason they got rid of it but (probably not true) heard was it around when they bought Simpsons of BBC 2 and paid over the odds and had to cut backs to afford it , and Brookside was one of the cutbacks , probably load of rubbish but either way shame they got rid of it anyway .
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Last edited by gag; 12th March 2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12th March 2018, 04:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. I know that boxsets are untenable financially ... but streaming (in this case) I would put up with ahem.

sighs

keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th March 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched this weeks episode of X files and felt it wouldn't be out of place on a Charlie Brooke's episode of Black mirror , where everything is controlled by computers and technology and everything wants rating and instead of life being easier it more hard work and creates nothing but problems and let's be honest were not far of that now.
keirarts and profondo rosso like this.
Old 15th March 2018, 11:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just finished watching a great series on Netflix called Seven Seconds about a black teenager that is involved in a hit and run by a New Jersey police officer and the resulting cover up by his colleagues. Gripping from the first to the last episode, highly recommended.
Same person who recommended it to me also recommended The Sinner with Jessica Biel which I’m about to start before heading out for lessons and band camp
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th March 2018, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict

Netflix/Amazon Monday's continue.

Watching Bates Motel. While I think Psycho tells you everything you need to know about Norman Bates I find Divorcing it from the Hitchcock film helps somewhat. Once I got myself past the first few episodes I found myself much more involved in what was going on.

Also watched dirty money. A highly engaging look at corporate corruption. Everything from BMW emissions scandal, HSBC laundering money for the Mexican cartels to Donald Trump.

The Tick season 1 has finished. Excellent series and a great take on the Tick that makes things different enough to be fresh yet true to the character.

Like this? Share it using the links below!