Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2018, 10:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm currently five episodes into the first series of Supergirl.

It's certainly impressive budget wise. Every episode is like a movie with action and effects that put many films to shame.

As for the series itself, it's pretty good. Comprising a decent set of likable characters, even if the suspicious boss (David Harewood) at the head of Supergirl military headquarters is just that - suspicious with glowing red eyes. Kind of smacks of the exact same thing in The Flash with Harison at Star Labs. In fact the whole set up is amazingly similar to The Flash except Melissa Benoist is ever so slightly kinky in her Supergirl outfit.

Old 20th January 2018, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

ARROW S6 EP10 'Divided'

Another good start.
After the events of the last episode, Team Arrow split up.
Quentin Lance and Thea talk about Laurel and the possibility that Earth-2 Laurel (Black Siren) could be turned good.
Old 21st January 2018, 06:56 PM
Cult Master

8315b380135136b32b7c15826d7e438a29c335c2.jpg

Great show following freelance news camera men trying to capture and sell the best stories during dangerous nights in downtown L.A. .Think Nightcrawler but real
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just watched the first two episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford.

Featuring a strong cast including Brendan Coyle, Dawn French, Julia Sawalha, Liz Smith, Ben Miles and Mark Heap as a pompous postman.

Okay so it's not exactly Cult Labs material but this love letter to a now vanished corner of rural 19th century England is a heartwarming, easy to enjoy drama.
Old 24th January 2018, 08:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've really enjoyed the first four episodes of the fourth series of Inside No. 9 and really need to find some way of watching the third series. They are wonderfully innovative and engaging half-hour dramas spanning a range of genres and am probably going to rewatch the first two seasons at some point as well.

I am also watching Feud: Bette and Joan and have two episodes to go. It's a superbly acted drama which has made me want to revisit Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, a film I haven't seen in many years back can remember quite well.
Old 25th January 2018, 06:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

New series

MV5BMTAyODI1MTMxOTVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDUxNjM3MzQz._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Episode 1 "The Resurrection"
Episode 2 "Lawanda: The Book of Hope"

The CW gives us another DC superhero.
Right from the off, this is different from the other DC shows. This is quite violent and has it's fair share of racism from all parties.
Black Lightning looks good and the costume is like the comic books.
Just have to see how this one pans out. 13 episodes in this series.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 25th January 2018, 07:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just two episodes to go in the the first series of Supergirl.

It's been good throughout but a couple of the later episodes have been excellent, namely episode 15, Solitude, which sees the introduction of Indigo played by Laura Vandervoort in an episode which has a lot of Superman mythos involved.

By my reckoning that's three actresses in this series who have played Supergirl.

Indigo kicks butt!

Old 26th January 2018, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished the gifted which is a fox show about mutants in a world where the xmen and brotherhood of mutants have disappeared. Enjoyable and nice to see lesser knowing mutants get screen time.

Also been watching

X files season 11 episode two and watching season 5 of deep space nine and season 4 of voyager.

Noticed this on Netflix which is out 2nd of February, from trailer looks good. Very cyberpunk/blade runner feel.

Last edited by trebor8273; 26th January 2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 27th January 2018, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As you might imagine ... a lot of South Park.
Still very funny .... Cartman's incessant anti semitism ... Butters ... Woodland Critter Xmas. And more.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th January 2018, 12:11 AM
Cult Master

cb42632697aa7ead4f167092a78102eb02b61a78.jpg

More Netflix goodness Dope moves to a new city in America each episode telling the story of drug gangs and pimps from both sides if the fence. Dealing with cops and the dealers . Overall it's a great and very Interesting documentary but at times I ask myself are the dealers interviews staged I mean they have faces covered but you could still tell who they are if you if you saw them in the street distintive haircuts and tattoos everywhere
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!