All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2019, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
About a week ago, I finished watching the entire The World at War series, a monumentally impressive and informative series. The range of contributors is remarkable, from Holocaust survivors to Albert Speer, Traudl Junge (Hitler's secretary) to Lord Avon, covering the totality of the conflict: civilian, military, and political, and from almost every nation.

The 26 episodes are exhaustive enough by themselves, but there's a further wealth of information on the extended interviews and other documentaries on the bonus discs, making this a great watch for anyone who is interested in World War II and modern history in general.

I watched the first series of The Power Game, a series from 1966 which is dated because of the technology and pace of life at the time, but something which is still extremely well written and performed. It's a shame the source material hadn't been better preserved because the sound quality can be very poor at times, and the same goes for the visuals when it is obvious the film has degraded and not been fully restored.

Despite the A/V issues, I will move on to the second series at some point

On Thursday, I began watching Line of Duty from the very beginning on iPlayer because people I know are watching the fifth series, and I finished it last night, immediately watching the first episode from the second series. It's a brilliant crime drama by Jed Mercurio, arguably superior to his highly rated (and very popular) Bodyguard.

It's shocking and compelling viewing, and it won't take me long to finish the four series which have been broadcast in their entirety. I'll then move on to the fifth series on the week of the last episode – it's something I think I could only binge watch and would hate to wait a whole week between episodes!
I've been binge watching Line of duty as well , one a day I've just finished series 2 about to start series 3 very gripping and well made.
Old 20th April 2019, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Sam loves Sabrina and similar shows she just finished the good witch, not really my scene .
I think you like it, it's nothing like the old Sabrina it's dark and Gory, lot to do with Satan and black magic .
Old 20th April 2019, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season two of the 90s outer limits, onto season 3.

Also continuing.

Also Looney tunes . Watching road runner cartoons forgotten how much I hated that damn bird and how sorry I felt for wild e coyote.
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching more Looney Tunes which is perfect viewing for the hot bank holiday weekend.

Also been watching episodes of Colombo and Murder she wrote. Watching them I thought they should of done a cross over but as great as Colombo is he would stand no chance against the pure evil of Jessica Fletcher!
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Buffy season 5. I never realised before that that's Amy Adams playing Tara's bitch sister in Family!
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone seen the West wing is it any good?
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:34 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Anyone seen the West wing is it any good?
Superb.

But it's all talk. You have to really give it your attention. It's wonderfully written and very character driven.
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Superb.

But it's all talk. You have to really give it your attention. It's wonderfully written and very character driven.
Cheers, the full series just arrived from music magpie, was a little over £3 so thought why not for £3.
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:15 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Buffy season 5. I never realised before that that's Amy Adams playing Tara's bitch sister in Family!
When I was watching the whole series through in one marathon go, it was quite funny to see how many highly rated and popular actors appeared, from Clea Duvall in the first season to John Hawkes, John Ritter, and Wentworth Miller in season two, Kal Penn in season four and, as you say, Amy Adams in season five.
Justin101 and iank like this.
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched some of the West Wing, excellent looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Watched the penultimate episode of Gotham and the final episode of Discovery which puts everything in line with the original series and explains why we never heard of Discovery or Spocks adopted sister.

Some more murder she wrote as well as some Tom and Jerry who I would say are a great comedy duo.

Like this? Share it using the links below!