Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2018, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As well as continuing watching , allo allo, dad's army and stargate Sg1 started season 2 of Luther as well as The Dresden files.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:52 AM
Cultist

Who Is America ? - It’s patchy, but when it works it has you watching between your fingers, it’s fantastic to have the crazy bastard back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th July 2018, 11:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

i am on episode 10 of 2 Broke girls series 5. and i'm disappointed that there won't be anymore after series 6.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
As well as continuing watching , allo allo, dad's army and stargate Sg1 started season 2 of Luther as well as The Dresden files.
i like allo allo very much and it used to be my mums favorite comedy especially leutenant gruber who she thought was hilarious with his little tank
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th July 2018, 12:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recently watched the fourth (and final) series of The Bridge, one which is better constructed than the previous two and, because of the way it ends, is probably the best and most emotive since the first series. It's been a great show and I hope there is a box set of all four series released because it is something I will want to watch again in the future.

I also watched the 11th and 12th seasons of Red Dwarf, a show which hasn't been at the peak of its powers since it went down to one writer, but still manages to be funny and engaging for some late night entertainment.
Old 17th July 2018, 12:17 PM
Cultist

Seasons 1-4 of The Bridge are available on Blu-ray, I picked it up for £34.99 yesterday. I haven’t watched the second or third season yet but the wife and kids are away the weekend so I think, along with a decent bottle of bourbon, I have my weekend planned.

Old 17th July 2018, 12:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post
Seasons 1-4 of The Bridge are available on Blu-ray, I picked it up for £34.99 yesterday. I haven’t watched the second or third season yet but the wife and kids are away the weekend so I think, along with a decent bottle of bourbon, I have my weekend planned.
That's good value, so go easy on the bourbon to prevent the subtitles becoming blurry, and enjoy!

I have watched all four seasons this month, so I'm not in a rush to buy it and watch them again. I also have a huge 'to watch' pile including every season of Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, two seasons of 24, both series of Space: 1999!
Old 17th July 2018, 12:28 PM
Cultist

Have you watched Mad Men before ? If not , I really envy you, up there with Twin Peaks and The Wire as my favourite TV Show.

Old 17th July 2018, 12:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Stephen King's Golden Years (1991)

An elderly janitor named Harlan Williams (Keith Szarabajka) is caught up in an explosion at the laboratory where he works. After surviving but discovering he is now "aging" in reverse, he ends up on the run from government agencies.

At a bum numbing four hours, (perhaps i shouldn't have watched this all in one go), Golden Years is just too long and over padded. It takes an age for Williams to go on the run, along with wife Frances Sternhagen and Felicity Huffman, excellent here, as the firms security expert.

A finely crafted final 90 minutes almost save things as science exposition gives way to thrills but this is no Storm of the Century when it comes to King tv adaptations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69141.jpg (60.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 17th July 2018, 01:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post
Have you watched Mad Men before ? If not , I really envy you, up there with Twin Peaks and The Wire as my favourite TV Show.
I've seen them all before, but not the last few since they were broadcast, so I bought the Blu-ray box sets and intend to watch the entire series in one go.

Speaking of Twin Peaks, I also have an unwatched copy of the third series which I could have mentioned in my earlier post, plus other things like Blue Planet II.

Like this? Share it using the links below!