All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2019, 12:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's the first time the setting of Victorian England has been used which is how it was written in the book, it's also factually correct to the book in that the aliens attack using heat bursts rather than death rays or lasers.
That makes it even better.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th November 2019, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The first episode of War of the Worlds wasn't bad at all. Look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Great to see the story set in Victorian times which is a first.

Some nice exteriors in Liverpool pretending to be Victorian London. St George’s Hall, Steble Fountain and Walker Art Gallery, looked liked the interior of St George’s Hall for The Admiralty but with floorboards covering the famous mosaic flooring!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th November 2019, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Full retro last night, a season 6 Whodunnit? (dare I say it, Liza Goddard was really cute in the 70s ), followed by Fawlty Towers and Only When I Laugh.

More retro goodness a-coming.
Old 19th November 2019, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished off me Dixon Of Dock Greens (all together now .... )
Some grit certainly what with the kiddie fiddler n that. Brian Glover turns up in another playing a rum un natch. Will see if I can find the '76 set at least, if only because it had extras ....
George just doesn't seem to do much but stand there tutting mind

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th November 2019, 07:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Finished off me Dixon Of Dock Greens (all together now .... )
"Evening all"
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th November 2019, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw the first episode of Secret Army last night, which I've never seen before. Very impressed so far. Compelling stuff, with some great British actors including Jan Francis (also very cute in the 70s ), Christopher Neame, Valentine Dyall and even Anthony Ainley (Skagra, the Black Guardian and the Master all in the same episode lol!). If the quality of episode 1 keeps up, I am already hooked.
Old 19th November 2019, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran

Default What TV Have You Seen?

Since I have loads of Network DVDs of TV shows on my watch pile I decided to actually put one on!

One Summer from 1983, a 5 episode series starring David Morrissey, Spencer Leigh and Ian Hart. Set in Liverpool it has a bit of a local interest for me, seeing all of these places I’m familiar with but from a time I don’t remember ( I was only 6). There was even a scene on the road where I’m about to buy a flat, it looks nothing like it did back then!

Only watched the 1st episode but it’s been eventful haha, looking forward to the rest of them.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th November 2019, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Saw the first episode of Secret Army last night, which I've never seen before. Very impressed so far. Compelling stuff, with some great British actors including Jan Francis (also very cute in the 70s ), Christopher Neame, Valentine Dyall and even Anthony Ainley (Skagra, the Black Guardian and the Master all in the same episode lol!). If the quality of episode 1 keeps up, I am already hooked.
The more you watch the better it gets. Enjoy.

It's one of the few series where i always watch the opening credits. I love the music and the way it seems so foreboding with the visuals which i always assumed were 'escape routes'.

Major Brandt (Michael Culver) was one of my faves from the series.
iank likes this.
Old 19th November 2019, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Since I have loads of Network DVDs of TV shows on my watch pile I decided to actually put one on!

One Summer from 1983, a 5 episode series starring David Morrissey, Spencer Leigh and Ian Hart. Set in Liverpool it has a bit of a local interest for me, seeing all of these places I’m familiar with but from a time I don’t remember ( I was only 6). There was even a scene on the road where I’m about to buy a flat, it looks nothing like it did back then!

Only watched the 1st episode but it’s been eventful haha, looking forward to the rest of them.
Been a while since I've seen one summer , I highly enjoyed it well worth the watch .
You won't be disappointed, 8.4 on Imdb, one I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't seem it .
Justin101 likes this.
Old 21st November 2019, 04:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched first episode of the war of the world's or should it be the bore of the world's. Not be watching the rest.
gag likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!