All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2020, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

A Dog's Ransom.

Part 1: A quiet middle age couple start receiving hate mail regarding their poodle Tina, When Edward takes Tina out for her nightly walk she vanishes. They receive a ransom demand and consider to pay up or not.

Part 2: Edward and his wife Gina report the dog missing when the drop off happens and Tina is not relseased, however the Sergeant doesn't seem interested and young constable Clearance Duhamel decides to help.

Part 3: clearance intervention the dog napper is found, a Polish immigrant Mr Kowajinski is arrested and charged, CID are very cynical about it all leaving the couple vulnerable when Kowajinski is let off with a fine.

Part 4: Clearance is suspended from accusations of taking a bribe, his girlfriend becomes a target of Kowajinski, Clearance decides to take matter in his hands.

Part 5: Kowajinski is found beaten and dead, Clearance was attacked and stabbed by football hooligans the charges of bribe is dropped yet Clearance is still number one suspect of Kowajinski's death.

Part 6: After a night of questioning, Clearance is let go, he thinks it is over till the real murderer turns up .

I had a problem with this one as it seems to start off well then looses it track then slightly becomes more interesting as the plot seems all over the place, with a dog napping then turns to something else that involves stalking and murder, the twist was something I didn't expect at the end.
Old 27th December 2020, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

The Girl Who Walked Quickly.

Part 1: David, a student who has a high IQ level and has a fear of lifts is kidnapped by extremists, his girlfriend and his tutor try to find his whereabouts.

Part 2: While David's whereabouts are unknown his friends try to find him, the extremists have brainwashed David to do their work and blow up a lift in a subway or is it a rehearsal?

Part 3: David is sent to set off another bomb but panics and goes on the run, his girlfriend and tutor are arrested on being associated with a terrorist cell. David is found by a girl and can he trust her?

Part 4: As David and the girl take refuge in a house they inform the police they have a hostage, David's brainwashing drug is slowly wearing off will his mental state be the undoing of them both.

This was quite a tense story of fear and how a mental state of a person on a drug and the effects it can have when it wears off, Denis Lawson who plays David decently and at times feel sorry for the character who may loose all parts of sanity he has. The last episode seemed a bit over the place as it was a mix of what is real and what isn't.
Old 28th December 2020, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

Quiet As A Nun.

Part 1: The Tower
A nun is found dead in a tower next to a school for girls, a T.V . journalist Gemima and former pupil goes to the school to investigate the death as the dead nun Sister Miriam and Gemima were friends.

Part 2: The Chapel
Gemima discovers Sister Miriam inherited a fortune, she is told to drop the investigation before her suspicions get the better of her.

Part 3: The Black Nun
While over lunch, Gemima is told of the story of The Black Nun who roams the corridors at night, while she believes it to be a story she is given a note to where to find The Black nun.

Part 4: Witness and Wills
After finding The Black Nun, Gemima is told that Sister Miriam wanted to leave the convent and school and may have changed her will, speculating that someone wanted Sister Miriam dead, after another nun had died mysteriously.

Part 5: Powers of Darkness
Gemima is told of a secret passageway that may help her find some answers she is looking for, when a schoolgirl disappears she goes to find her as well as The Black Nun.

Part 6: Death and Decision
While the secrets of the convent may be revealed, Gemima suspicions are confirmed she finds answers from the Mother Superior and the secret of the will is revealed.

This one had me on the edge of my seat to the point of falling off onto my ass, nice little tale of murder mystery added in with a bland of old Gothic horror. Maria Aitkin plays the journalist pretty well that you can almost feel her fear when she is in the attic and a figure stands up to the point I almost needed a clean pair of shorts.
Old 28th December 2020, 10:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Armchair Thriller.

The Limbo Connection.

Part 1:
Mark Omney wakes up after a night of heavy drinking, totally unaware of the previous 12 hours. His wife Clare has a accident while driving and is rescued by a couple who take her to a clinic, where the doctor calls him to come to Meadowbank, when mark arrives he is told his wife has already left.

Part 2:
Mark is convinced that his wife is being held captive at the clinic and tries to find answers from people inside the clinic.

Part 3:
Mark tries get help from a ex girlfriend Annabelle after he goes to Clare's office and told she has resigned, but Mark tells her work colleague that the resignation that was typed was not used by her typewriter but his.

Part4:
A resident at Meadowbank has died, Mark and Anabelle believe the coffin to be empty or having a different corpse in it try to prove it to the police who think Clare is alive and has left Mark.

Part 5:
Mark is under investigation for murder after being caught with bloodied clothes, Annabelle receives some information that may help Mark in a form of a photo book shown to her by a drunk woman.

Part6:
With the photo gone and the women died, Mark decides to turn the heat up on Meadowside, can he prove to the police he is innocent all along?

This started off good then as it went on, it become more suspenseful and more intriguing as a man has mind games played on him and he decides to play cat and mouse back. James Bolam plays the lead and shows off his excellent acting skills, it won't have you gripping your seat but this was certainly enjoyable.
Old 28th December 2020, 11:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

I really liked that one.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 28th December 2020, 11:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I really liked that one.
First time for me watching these and really getting into them
iank likes this.
Old 29th December 2020, 12:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

My other fave is Dying Day. You'll get there.
Old 29th December 2020, 08:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default This

This Country is brilliant but to close to reality,some of the west country is just like this.....

MV5BNWZhOGE4MjgtZjUxNS00MThlLWFhNTQtNjk0Yzk0ZjkyZTQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg0NTcxMTg@._V1_.jpg

Kurtan: “I was on Tinder for a bit. But I wasn’t getting any matches, so…”
Kerry: “You didn’t get one match.”
Kurtan: “Yeah. Not one match. That’s only cos no-one round here is on Tinder, so, you know, I had to keep setting my radius further and further and further, then the radius got to France. And it just got silly by the end. You know. I can’t afford to be going back and forth on the tunnel every other weekend.”

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 29th December 2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 29th December 2020, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched these two ,both excellent.

Watching this

These koreon, Japanese etc shows are much better than a lot of western stuff.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 29th December 2020, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched these two ,both excellent.

Watching this

These koreon, Japanese etc shows are much better than a lot of western stuff.
Saw alice in borderland few week back, mentioned that and sweet home on here briefly, enjoyed both series just one more episode of sweet home left, some good imagination on the monsters, I think a lot where taken from monsters in horror games and tweeked a little, not a bad thing tho. I’ve got to point now I’m watching more and more foreign shows korean, Japanese etc shows than anything else, live a great korean series about the police force highly recommended, saw re:mind few week back that’s also a decent watch if you dont mind much happening.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!