Old 29th April 2020, 11:56 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Yep totally correct

Still, give the description of the show needed .
Regardless of what it was about, what did you think of the show? Was it interesting, enjoyable, frustrating, hard going? Would you recommend it?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th April 2020, 01:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
I stop watching movies to focus on this tv show atm - great action scenes.
It just gets better and better and each episode packs a punch just before it finishes, shows really don't come much better than this .
Old 29th April 2020, 09:47 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It just gets better and better and each episode packs a punch just before it finishes, shows really don't come much better than this .
The last 20 minutes in episode 5 was a lesson to "how to do an action movie". Just for that it's worth watching the all series.
Old 29th April 2020, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
The last 20 minutes in episode 5 was a lesson to "how to do an action movie". Just for that it's worth watching the all series.
Watched episode 5 today, totally agree the action is superbly done, I've seen action films with tonnes of action and was bored, been watching a episode a day and the show is absolutely bloody fantastic bar none. Like stated from creater of the Raid films so that alone will give some idea of what to expect, talk about Raid films is there any news in the 3rd one yet ?
Old 30th April 2020, 02:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the sixth and final season of Vikings a few days ago. It's a very good series with a epic scope to the storytelling, covering several decades and different countries from the first episode of the first season to the end of the sixth season. Despite the number of people with flawless teeth and some historical inaccuracies, it seems authentic and an accurate portrayal of life at the time in Scandinavia, England, France, and other countries the Vikings visited.

I watched all six seasons in one go, rarely breaking from the show to watch anything else during the 90 episodes (10 in each of the first three seasons, 20 in seasons 4-6) and was very impressed by the writing, acting, direction, and production design.

When I finished with that, I watched both series of After Life, something I'd been putting off because, aside from The Office and Extras, I'm not a big fan of Ricky Gervais's comedic stylings and didn't think it would be something I'd enjoy. I couldn't have been more wrong because it was similar in tone to Mum, a show I love, and thought the way Gervais balanced comedy and pathos was brilliant. It's a which had me laughing out loud at some lines and almost in tears a scene or two later.
Old 30th April 2020, 04:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE WORLDS GREATEST SUPERFRIENDS (1979) SEASON 4

Same format as the last Superfriends season just a title change.
Of note is the episode "Lex Luthor Strikes Back' in which Lex assistant Orville is based on Otis from SUPERMAN THE MOVIE. Lex underground lair is also copied from the film.
Old 30th April 2020, 09:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Some more Neighbours 2004 episodes, and Lana is breaking my heart again already.

The war between Sky and Lana is thankfully over, and the two have even started to become friends and bond, but Sky is also increasingly confused - and somewhat annoyed - by the obviously fake "Valley Girl" persona that Lana shows everyone else. Although Sky has learned (fairly surreptitiously!) that Lana was the victim not just of a bullying campaign but of an outright vicious assault by a group of girls at her former school, she doesn't know why, and is completely baffled as to why Lana seems to think she has to pretend to be someone else entirely.

It's starting to become clear to us however, with the warming relationship between the two already starting to see Lana cast some unmistakable longing glances in Sky's direction. Poor Lana. She's obviously terrified of letting anyone get too close to her, but also clearly wanting to let Sky do so. Aww. She's breaking my damn heart (again!).
Old 1st May 2020, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched season three of Ozark and season Four of The last Kingdom. Both great shows and seasons
bleakshaun likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st May 2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 1st May 2020, 09:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched season three of Ozark and season Four of The last Kingdom. Both shows and seasons .
Any good? Which would you recommend and why?

Old 1st May 2020, 10:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Any good? Which would you recommend and why?

would recommend both

Ozark if you want something like breaking bad/ sopronoes and last Kingdom if you liked vikings.

Like this? Share it using the links below!