All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Clone wars season 7 episode 8.

Shattered

Another amazing episode, this time Ahsoka is stuck on a ship full of Clones when general order 66 is giving. As well as trying to stay alive she wants to find some way to save her friend Rex. Last few episodes are some of the best star wars i have seen. Dave Filoni really needs to be giving more control over the licenese. 9/10
Dave Boy and bleakshaun like this.
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Buffy season 7.
I have mixed feelings about the last two seasons. They're not bad, and there's some good stuff in both, yet in some ways I almost wish Whedon had got his way and ended it at season 5.

And some more Neighbours 2004. Sky's finally managed to get through to Lana that she doesn't care that she's gay, but unfortunately the latter then gets very publicly outed. Stingray's reaction to all this has been hilarious. From asking Boyd if he got the kiss on video to his glee at seeing Sky and Lana hugging (sorry, Stinger, "embracing".)

I am shocked that Serena was the one who publicly outed Lana by writing that on the blackboard, though. I did not remember that - I assumed they'd been overheard and it was probably that bitch who used to bully Sky - so was really taken aback. Wow. I know she can be a spoiled brat sometimes, but that is the nastiest thing I've ever seen her do. It is however hilarious that because she was spending so much time with Lana, everyone's now assuming she's a lesbian too. As Sky noted, "poetic justice".
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:32 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I've just googled him and tbh not seen anything by him please forgive me .
Coldfish, Why Don't you Play in Hell? are safe bets
gag likes this.
Old 4th May 2020, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Clone wars . Final episode

Victory and Death .

Another cracking episode, Ahsoka and Rex are still trying to escape from the Clones under the influence of order 66 as well as having to.deal with a unhinged Maul. Gives the show the ending it deserved and also gives a mournful ending as well as connection to Rebels. The four part ending has been some of the best star wars up there with Empire.

Rewatching The Mandalorian the only negative thing I can say about this show, the episodes are to short it's all over before it begins.

Let's hope the other live actions shows will be as good.

Last edited by trebor8273; 4th May 2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 5th May 2020, 08:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Finished Buffy season 7 again. Mmm... I have to admit I'm not big on the last two seasons these days, but honestly I preferred 6 this time. For all that's talked about how depressing 6 is, 7 is even more so, at least once the First arc kicks off. It's all so bleak and miserable, and even the warmth that normally comes from these characters is increasingly conspicuous by its absence. After her depression in season 6, we get happy quippy Buffy back... for about 6 episodes, and soon she's depressed and even icier than ever. Xander and Anya are through, I was never into the Buffy/Spike thing, Tara's dead, and the Willow/Kennedy thing is just... who GAF. Kennedy seems to be there solely to appease the gay community who were pissed off by the end of season 6 by giving Willow another girlfriend, but the character's empty and the relationship contrived, rushed and utterly unappealing. It's singularly depressing that after the lovely relationships she had with Oz and Tara, this is who Willow's with at the end of the show. It's really only in a couple of the platonic friendships that we get any warmth, with Willow and Xander being as reliable for that as ever, and I really like the warm interaction we get between Xander and Dawn this season too. (I particularly like how clingy she is with him after he gets back from the hospital after losing an eye, sitting on the arm of his chair and holding his arm even as Buffy's coming up with her next plan to get them all killed). Dawn gets a lot of stick, but her character matures a hell of a lot in season 7, and I suspect it's only the lack of material she gets in the second half that stops people noticing that.
Caleb is a menacing villain but arguably introduced far too late, with the First being too nebulous and the Bringers too faceless to really make an impact. Principal Wood is an okay character and actor, but seems really superfluous to requirements in a season that's so overloaded with new characters already that many of the regulars are being neglected, so I could have lived without him.
Again, it's not bad exactly... but it's not that good either. The first 5 seasons are by far the best, but I actually even like 6 more than this on this occasion...
Old 6th May 2020, 04:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science, season 1 ep 6: The Jungle in the Laboratory. Elizabeth and Dina's latest outbreak of hostilities (seriously, the last few eps seem to have been more about how much they hate each other and Toby just trying to limit the fallout than anything else ) results in a solution from Toby to fix Dina's embarrassing hair loss problem that goes badly wrong, causing a disaster that threatens to expose Toby and Elizabeth's shared secret. This is a really fun episode, made all the better by the Toby/Elizabeth interaction, which is - bizarrely - the first real shared screen time they've had together since episode 1. It's weird that it's taking the program makers so long to twig that the show works best when these two are front and centre with each other, or maybe it's a deliberate build-up, I dunno. Either way, it's a lot of fun. Even in a desperate situation, Elizabeth seems a lot less angry and generally aggro when she's with him, and Toby seems genuinely enthused by their working together. There's even a sweet, if slightly awkward, moment, when Toby makes a crack about lots of people wishing she was dead, to which she goes very quiet, and asks "Even you?" And he gets all uncomfortable and almost shy before replying "... I didn't say that." Toby's never seemed to actually hate her, but this scene is the first time we get the impression he might actually have some kind of affection for her underneath their apparent rivalry. Aww.
Of course, he then rather spoils it by pretending they hadn't just been getting along quite happily when his friends show up, a practice that's unfortunately going to become quite common, and which clearly and understandably wounds Elizabeth.
Yes Toby, I'm sure that will help her with her anger issues...

Last edited by iank; 6th May 2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 6th May 2020, 09:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creeped out, saying it's modern day version of twilight zone / Tales of the unexpected or Black mirror for teenagers, either way you can see why and shows like this are always going to be compared to other shows, black mirror for teenagers because every story revolves around teenagers, lots of different styles of stories vast majority tend to be about moody, grumpy, teenagers with a attitude, which tbh fits right in with today's society. The tonne, setting, and atmosphere are done quite well to also appeal to family audiences and adults as well without coming across to soppy etc aimed at the younger viewers, like all stories some good other so so, but do have a dark tonne to them with a twist in each story wether is horror based or a lesson to be learned. I'd give it a stern 7 8 out of 10

Creeped Out is a BAFTA winning British-Canadian anthology horror television series created by Bede Blake and Robert Butler as a co-production between CBBC Productions and DHX Media.

Each episode has an individual story and all are linked together by 'The Curious', a mysterious story collector who appears at the beginning and end of each episode. According to the creators Bede Blake and Robert Butler, inspiration was drawn from Steven Spielberg and Amazing Stories

Creeped Out was first announced by the BBC on 28 March 2017, saying "the stories combine sci-fi, horror, adventure, suspense, fantasy and mystery to thrill younger viewers

Last edited by gag; 6th May 2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 6th May 2020, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

A few more episodes of Wicked Science. The one in which Toby builds a robot double for Dina so it can cover her shift at work while she goes on a date was actually a really funny comedy episode, even if Toby doing this to enable a girl he clearly fancies to go out with someone else is cucked almost beyond belief.
The second was... interesting, but with a really infuriating ending. Disappointed by his romantic failures, Toby comes up with a way to attract girls with pheromones, only to realise how iffy an idea that is by Dina's furious reaction. Unfortunately the vial then gets stolen by idiot bully Garth, and released into the air conditioning at the school dance... This is interesting, not least because all of the chaos in this episode is ultimately Toby's fault. Elizabeth is doing nothing more than organising the dance, and in a very amusing Monica Gellar-esque manner ("Start having fun" she tells two bored students, "now!" ) Although initially cheesed off by the dance turning to chaos, she's actually quite impressed when she realises it's all Toby's fault.
Unfortunately, this episode ends with another, even more horrendous reminder, of Why We Should All Hate Dina, who appears to (despite clearly having no interest in Toby romantically) fly into a jealous rage just at the sight of Elizabeth and Toby having a quiet private conversation, begins loudly verbally abusing her, and then graduates to full-on physical assault. Wait, what?! Again, I'm in a quandary as to whether the show actually expects us to like Dina, because at this point I wouldn't blame Elizabeth for showing up at school with a handgun the next day and shooting this bitch. WTF.
Again, I reiterate - Elizabeth does nothing wrong in this episode, and gets assaulted for talking to the guy she actually does like (as opposed to keeping around like a pet, Dina ).
Is there a We Hate Dina Club I can join? F**k me!
Old 6th May 2020, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I watched the first three episodes of 2 Broke Girls last night. Starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs as a couple of waitresses in a New York eatery.

So far it's enjoyable. frothy and a bit filthy but enjoyable. Both leads are very likable and i've laughed out loud a few times but it needs to leave the sitcom vibe fairly quickly i feel and add a bit of drama so it's less like a smuttier Big Bang Theory and more like, i don't know, Californication.

I have the first three series on dvd which going off this first one should end up as 72 episodes so we'll see how the journey progresses before i decide on getting the remaining series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb94afe133be35607e44ad8b52bf6158.jpg (92.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 6th May 2020, 11:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Re-watching one of Scottish best comedies still game, a comedy that I can never get bored or fed up off, light hearted humour about pensioners on a run down estate, the way they talk to each other reminds me of how exactly me and my friend did, I Miss him so much, sadly he took his own life 3 yrs ago, R I P to one of the best friends anyone could ask for.
Any hoo plenty of good old fashioned laughs to be found here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!