All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2021, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Enjoying Squid Game (no thanks to some here COUGH), and would recommend it to most here. See how easy that is?
Sorry 😣 I don’t mean to, I promise to be more careful.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th October 2021, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished and enjoyed chestnut man and watched the first 4 seasons of Poirot, might give Poirot a rest and try Miss Marpel.

Started midnight mass on Netflix today, watched first two episodes.
nosferatu42, Graveyard and iank like this.
Old 4th October 2021, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Finished and enjoyed chestnut man and watched the first 4 seasons of Poirot, might give Poirot a rest and try Miss Marpel.

Started midnight mass on Netflix today, watched first two episodes.
I’m episode 4 of Midnight mass , it’s a slow burner but I’m liking it , very well made.
Old 4th October 2021, 09:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched all of Locke & Key season 1. Not great but not bad, and I'll watch season 2 when it comes out later this month. Never heard of her before, but Emilia Jones was the best thing in it.
Old 5th October 2021, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched a few more episodes of midnight mass it's really picking up now and as gag said very well made, a great series for Halloween season. Just two left too watch. Has a bit of a Stephen King vibe. Writing and directed by Mike Flanagan so that probably explains why.
Mojo, it'smebilly and MrBarlow like this.
Old 5th October 2021, 09:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Watched a few more episodes of midnight mass it's really picking up now and as gag said very well made, a great series for Halloween season. Just two left too watch. Has a bit of a Stephen King vibe. Writing and directed by Mike Flanagan so that probably explains why.
Ah now that I didn't know. By and large Flanagan is great.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 5th October 2021, 11:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sam decided Midnight mass looked good while I was watching it, so restarted it again with her, going start episode 5 tomorrow, it really is a very well made quality show and shaping up to be one of the best programme around, it’s well written, even tho it’s a nice slow build up it’s keep you interested and watching , the scenery is excellent kinda reminds me a bit of potters bluff for some reason

Strange isn’t it going back few yrs ago ppl would be complaining about how poor and bad Netflix is and thinking about cancelling it,

2 yrs on,

There some great films, old and new
Midsommar,
Calibre,
Platform,
Spider-Man far from home,
Candyman ,
Hereditary,
Django,
Dunkirk,
Jaws,
No country for old men,

Some excellent true stories and documentaries,

Tv shows / series wether got from other channels or Netflix owned,

Black mirror ,
Fear street,
Midnight mass,
Cobra Kai,
Chestnut man,
Rick and Morty,
Money heist,
Top boy ,
Lucifer,
Prison break,
Peaky blinders,
Stranger things,
Breaking bad,

Then foreign world cinema,

Squid game,
Sweet home,
Alice in borderland,
Live ,

So so much on there if just browse Plenty there to suite everyone taste,
Horror,
Comedy,
Anime,
Romantic and many many more

And then owning the rights to Roald Dahl

Netflix really has upped its game in recent times and just seems to be getting better and better and becoming a must have streaming site to watch some good decent tv / films.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm certainly enjoying it so far. It's saving me a fair bit of money in blind buying too. Obviously it doesn't have everything and there are some things I want on physical media no matter what as they either unlikely to ever be available on streaming and/or are too important to risk on a streaming site anyway. But I've thoroughly enjoyed taking the plunge and don't see me unsubscribing anytime soon.
Old 6th October 2021, 01:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I enjoyed this series.
It is a bit of a slow burner, but it worked well for me.
All the cast are great, but for me, Hamish Linklater as Father Paul was outstanding.
it'smebilly and trebor8273 like this.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Equalizer

TV Series remake that stars Queen Latifah as the avenger for the common people. Not a bad series but it was one that I watched week to week but wasn't completely looking forward to it. Latifah is good when it comes to the talking parts however I don't see her as a Action sequence star. Adam Goldberg is great as a Cyber genius.

OZ: Season 4

The only Season that had double the normal episodes because The Sopranos wasn't having a Season that year. I really enjoyed this Season because the storylines were fantastic and had a death of a major character.

Luis Guzman is great as a serious bad guy (Refreshing because, I normally see him in a Comedic role) but he's replaced by an equally good, David Zayas. There are the usual great performances from the long standing Actors.

Granted it probably happens but there are too many crooked guards and too be honest the fact that 3 different holes were dug was unrealistic (In my opinion)

Like this? Share it using the links below!