All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2022, 05:24 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Thanks to Britbox for only uploading two series of Rentaghost...dammit
Apparently a lot of episodes of the show were wiped in the early '90's!
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently a lot of episodes of the show were wiped in the early '90's!
Aww seriously...was gonna nip.to HMV and see if they had the boxset, you have probably saved me some money Susan.
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:47 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Aww seriously...was gonna nip.to HMV and see if they had the boxset, you have probably saved me some money Susan.
There's definitely series 1,2,3 and 9 complete. Not sure about the rest though.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There's definitely series 1,2,3 and 9 complete. Not sure about the rest though.
Thank you good sir
Old 22nd March 2022, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Open All Hours: Season 4,

An Errand Boy By The Ear.
Arkwright tries to teach Granville the tricks of getting people into to the shop, when it fails there is uproar when Gladys catches Arkwright pulling Granville out of the shop by his ear.

The Ginger Man.
Arkwright has landed in over stock of Jamaican Ginger Cake, in order to sell it Arkwright claims it's laced with drugs that becomes a hit with locals.

Duet For a Solo Bike.
When a smartly dressed man asks for directions, Arkwright thinks Gladys has another man on the go, Granville has a bad experience with customer Wendy and his squeaky bike.

How To Ignite Your Errand Boy.
Arkwright has a plan, create your own fire-lighters for winter time, he sends Granville to the shed to make them but has disastrous reslts.

The Man From Down Under.
A man from Gladys's past turns up, Arkwright feeling she me be tempted by a old flame, he sets out to make things worse by sabotaging everything.

The Cool Cocoa Tin Lid.
After a hip customer comes in dressed with the fashion, Granville decides he is going to dress the same that does not end will with Granville's chain stuck in the till.

These get better and better, Mrs Featherstone makes appearance with her outlook on life and young errand boys she enjoys hitting with her umbrella. It is a laugh that Arkwright has all the bright ideas yet leaves Granville to test them out, At the moment Britbox only have one episode of Season 4. Will find something else to view.
Old 22nd March 2022, 04:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

From

Episode 7. Things aren't going well for our little community, and the writing is beginning to wander.
Apparently there will be 10 in this series, tbh I can't see a clearcut conclusion coming really if I'm honest, so it may just become Lost after all (if it doesn't get cancelled that is ). I know this contradicts the other posts, but I felt that they were getting a tad bogged down here. Harumph.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Midsomer Murders:

The Killings At Badger's Drift.
An elderly lady is found dead in her cottage D.C.I Tom Barnaby thinks the death is not accidental. Along with Sgt Gavin Troy they begin to look into the death and suspects.

Written In Blood.
A small group of amateur writers invite a famed psychologist and writer to a small gathering, a member of the group id found naked and dead in his home.

Death Of A Hollow Man
Barnaby donates to a local theatre for a stage production of Amadeus, a actor dies on stage due to a prop gone wrong while Barnaby is there watching the show.

Faithful Unto Death.
A small group of the community have put savings into a Mill project run by Allan Hollingsworth only for the money to be lost. When Allan's wife disappears Barnaby suspects she is dead till Allan says she has been kidnapped and then Allan is found dead.

Death In Disguise.
Barnaby looks into the death of a member of a spiritualist group while two members involves a journalist to look into it as well.

Knew I'd find something to watch...eventually, said it once to the wife and will say it again...we ain't moving there, everyone seems to turn up dead Never knew these were based on a book or books, certainly creative, thrilling and interesting. John Nettles and Daniel Casey make a good team even in one episode Barnaby gets stoned and nobody catches on, have seen these on the box but never right from the start. Some well know actors and actresses make a good appearance.
Old 23rd March 2022, 01:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Our House – this four-part drama/mystery from ITV follows a woman, Fi (Tuppence Middleton) who goes to her house after review days away only to find it is empty and another couple claims to have bought it and are in the process of moving in.

Unable to contact her estranged husband, Bram (Martin Compston), Fi has no idea what is happening or how she can stop it.

The miniseries is well written and performed, and I thought it was exactly the right length – there are secrets everywhere and they managed to snowball in a fashion which made the final episode better than the previous two. As the series shows events from the present day and 10 years previously, twin narrative structure is (probably intentionally) unsettling and disorientating and the way the story unfolds makes it very binge-worthy.

It's not the most original or best TV series I'll see this year, though it is one I recommend.

Old 23rd March 2022, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Midsomer Murders: Season 2

Death's Shadow.
The Barnaby's plan to renew their wedding vows after 25 years, Tom is distracted by a murder at Beaver's drift.

Strangler's Wood.
A naked body of a young Brazilian woman is found, which suggests a serial killer has returned after 9 years.

Dead Man's Eleven.
Fletcher's Cross is gearing up for their annual cricket match until the wife of a landowner and cricket captain is found dead.

Blood will Out.
A gathering of travelers appear, and a murder happens with someone known to the community, who is the guilty one.

This season seemed a bit more tense, upping the suspense a bit more never seen this season before and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Season 3.
Death Of A Stranger.
A tramp is found dead in the woods, Barnaby and Troy don't seem to get any helpful answers.

Blue Herrings.
Tom goes to visit his aunt in a nursing home and is drawn into looking at deaths that seem to be happening there that may be suspicious.

Judgement Day.
Village of the year competition is coming up, and the locals fear their chances have gone when a womanizer is found dead by a pitchfork.

Beyond The Grave.
A look into a slashed painting leads Barnaby and Troy to look into a disappearance and death.

Couple of these episodes especially Blue Herrings are filmed with low lighting that seems to be a strain on the eyes, Prunella Scales turns up as a psychic which is a bit of a laugh. These seem to get better as the seasons go on.
Old 25th March 2022, 11:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finished the 93 season of The Bill. Last ep is DI Haines buggering off after only having been there 5 minutes, much to Meadows' annoyance lol. 93 was, as I remembered from last time, a bit disappointing, esp in the second half, and esp in the last quarter after Burnside goes. Lots of very formulaic eps that are a bit bleh.
I do remember 94 being considerably better, though, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!