Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2021, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've never watched Peaky because it was one of those over-hyped shows and it annoys me when everyone is talking about it at work it's been long enough now to give it a go I think, if I ever get the time that is

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th April 2021, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never watched Peaky because it was one of those over-hyped shows and it annoys me when everyone is talking about it at work it's been long enough now to give it a go I think, if I ever get the time that is
I'm same so many shows I've never watched that people talk about, I've got full series of Breaking bad but never seen a episode yet.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was like that with Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I was like that with Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad
Having seen Breaking Bad this year for the first time...i liked it but it wasn't the ground breaking show it was hyped up to be. It was good but nothing amazing and i veered between loving and loathing every character bar Saul throughout the series.

I saw the first two series of Thrones years ago. Thought i'd get the rest once it had finished but as with The Walking Dead everyone seems to say it became worse as it went along so i won't bother now.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th April 2021, 07:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

GOT .... once they ran out of source material, they just started pandering. A shame.
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th April 2021, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
GOT .... once they ran out of source material, they just started pandering. A shame.
It makes me chuckle when a series ends and dedicated fans go on one if it doesn't suite them how it ends,

Eg

The ending was so divisive that more than a million viewers signed a petition for the final season to be redone.

On the one-year anniversary of the series finale, fans continue to share their disappointment on Twitter.

Seriously it's just a tv show get over it, no matter how good a film or show is there always some niggle people will have about it.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It makes me chuckle when a series ends and dedicated fans go on one if it doesn't suite them how it ends,

Eg

The ending was so divisive that more than a million viewers signed a petition for the final season to be redone.

On the one-year anniversary of the series finale, fans continue to share their disappointment on Twitter.

Seriously it's just a tv show get over it, no matter how good a film or show is there always some niggle people will have about it.
Has it ended in book form? Did they use that ending if so? If they did fans can't complain? If they didn't well yes there's justification.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Has it ended in book form? Did they use that ending if so? If they did fans can't complain? If they didn't well yes there's justification.
Fair enough but vast majority of tv shows and films stray away from the book (or comic) one way or another, walking dead as eg,

The film was to long And they've added extra that wasn't in the book,
The film was to short and missed loads out.

No matter what some people will always find something to complain about and some people just do it for the hell of it or because they're sad and need to get a life, It's only a film or tv show. complain, yes fair enough but to get yourself all wound up and annoyed over it... Seriously, no. (I don't mean you, it's just a figure of speech)

Glad I don't read many books, and ones which I do are based on true stories serial killers, not tv shows or films.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Fair enough but vast majority of tv shows and films stray away from the book (or comic) one way or another, walking dead as eg,

The film was to long And they've added extra that wasn't in the book,
The film was to short and missed loads out.

No matter what some people will always find something to complain about and some people just do it for the hell of it or because they're sad and need to get a life, It's only a film or tv show. complain, yes fair enough but to get yourself all wound up and annoyed over it... Seriously, no. (I don't mean you, it's just a figure of speech)

Glad I don't read many books, and ones which I do are based on true stories serial killers, not tv shows or films.
I agree, people will always complain about something.
Old 8th April 2021, 11:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

I find this "it's just a TV show" argument very disingenuous, and even vaguely dangerous as it implies that this form of storytelling is essentially worthless, in which case why bother. I'm not a GOT fan but I've certainly experienced the disappointment and annoyance of investing in a show, for months or sometimes years, only for it to turn to crap because of laziness or incompetence. These programs are made with the aim of getting people to engage with and invest their time and energy and interest in, so to suggest they're stupid to do so when they are left disappointed by a lack of payoff or even a complete trashing of that investment (often done by those same program makers as a way to excuse a descent into sloppiness) is really very lame IMHO.

Like this? Share it using the links below!