All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13847Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2022, 07:38 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’ve not watched this season yet but I was quite disappointed with the last one. Sounds like it’s just going to get worse. It’s a shame because the first two seasons were fantastic and the third was still great.
I loved the first 3 seasons but season 4 started so bad i just lost interest most of the teenager scenes were embarrassing and too stupid for me totally ruined the good things the other seasons achieved.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 12th September 2022, 10:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I loved the first 3 seasons but season 4 started so bad i just lost interest most of the teenager scenes were embarrassing and too stupid for me totally ruined the good things the other seasons achieved.
I felt exactly the same about the fourth season of Cobra Kai – it was like a soap opera or a cliché-ridden karate equivalent of Glee with lots of cheesy dialogue and two-dimensional characters.

Like others have said, it was especially disappointing because the first couple of seasons were very enjoyable and welcome additions to the Karate Kid storylines.

I've just finished Watchmen, the nine-part HBO limited series and, just like the first time I watched it, thought it was an exceptional TV series. It's written and directed with one eye on the source material and another on contemporary life, and brought to life with exceptional visuals music, and brilliant performances by the ensemble cast.

Before then, I watched the first season of The Umbrella Academy. I watched it when it was first released on Netflix and hadn't seen it since then, so some of it seemed very familiar but other scenes oddly seemed fresh and surprising.

I really want to watch the second and third seasons (I've seen the second before) but don't have an active Netflix account, so I'll probably carry on watching things I've bought but haven't watched and reactivate my Netflix when I don't have so much to watch and catch up with everything I've missed and am trying to avoid spoilers: The Witcher season two, Stranger Things season four, The Sandman, Ozark season four, Better Call Saul season six, Rick and Morty season six, Archer seasons 11-13…

Meanwhile, I'm watching She-Hulk: Attorney at Law – I've really enjoyed the first four episodes – and began watching the first season of Rick and Morty again and will probably rewatch it afterwards with the commentaries. After that, I'll either go straight onto season two or watch either Daredevil: Season One or Mare of Easttown.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 12th September 2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12th September 2022, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finishing cobra Kai just have to agree with everyone else it needs to end it's just getting silly and is just some terrible teen drama , let season 6 be it's last if it gets renewed which is very likely.

Have to say the only bits I really enjoyed where those with Johnny.

Last edited by trebor8273; 12th September 2022 at 03:27 PM.
Old 16th September 2022, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the second disc of me Python BD. Much like the first, the episodes all seem to flow betterer imho. I see that there are outtakes as well, which I'll be looking at later probably. A greatly silly tonic for our times.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th September 2022, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Finishing cobra Kai just have to agree with everyone else it needs to end it's just getting silly and is just some terrible teen drama , let season 6 be it's last if it gets renewed which is very likely.

Have to say the only bits I really enjoyed where those with Johnny.
Near the end I think episode 8, what started of as a really good series got better and better but now getting ridiculous and ott to point it’s getting ridiculous and beyond a joke and ruining a top quality series, yes next series should be the last.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th September 2022, 03:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

Happiness was great. If you have Netflix, watch it. Great horror thriller with a virus turning people into a cross between modern zombies and vampires, with a bunch of people trapped in an apartment building - and some of the residents are as dangerous as the monsters. All this and even a rather touching little love story between the two very likeable leads. That's two Korean shows I've seen this year that are better than 99% of anything coming out of the US or UK lately...
Old 18th September 2022, 08:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quel surprise. Though I am hoping this will all change when Don't Hug Me I'm Scared finally airs (30/09 23.05 GMT is the new date ahem)

As you were .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th September 2022, 09:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Happiness was great. If you have Netflix, watch it. Great horror thriller with a virus turning people into a cross between modern zombies and vampires, with a bunch of people trapped in an apartment building - and some of the residents are as dangerous as the monsters. All this and even a rather touching little love story between the two very likeable leads. That's two Korean shows I've seen this year that are better than 99% of anything coming out of the US or UK lately...
It's surprising just how many great Korean shows they are that just crap over us and UK stuff.
iank likes this.
Old 18th September 2022, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Midwich Cuckoos.

In a small town called Midwich, a blackout occurs for 12 hours, the residents in the area collapse for unknown reasons. When everyone comes round some of the female residents are pregnant that comes under the watchful eye of the British Government and scientists.

I just spent the last seven hours going through this series, forget the original and remake movie, and don't go into this thinking of the book, it goes way off track from the John Wyndham source. This could have been crammed into a 6 episode series instead on 7, the acting was really good even though I don't recognise half the actors and actresses. The ones playing the kids aged between 3 and 5 years old were good. There is one or two twist and turns added in quite nicely and why someone has taken a keen interest in the children. Some parts do tend to drag on a bit and slow things down but certainly enjoyable.

MV5BOWUzZWU1NzctMmRjMy00MmQ4LWE0OWItOTUwMDM0MmRlZTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzODk3NDU0._V1_.jpg
Old 19th September 2022, 07:27 AM
Cult Master

After watching the latest Lord of the Rings episode I feelin there is a lot going on but nothing is going on if you understand what I mean. At the moment I'll compare it to this generation of video games they look beautiful but lack any real substance. Don't know what exactly but something feels off or missing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!