Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179943Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2012, 08:16 PM
Cult Addict

Pirahna 3DD.

Perhaps the most grossly offensive, unashamedly sexist and genuinely fun movie i've seen in a while. It's trash, but funny, kitch and outrageous trash that will probably alienate the majority of its audience but left me chuckling. I really want to see David Hasselhoff make a tv series called fish hunter now!

Boogens.

Probably the total antithisis of Pirahna. A reasonably classy, atmospheric horror with interesting characters, great atmosphere and storytelling. Olive films blu-ray looks amazing and is well worth picking up!
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE VINEYARD. Utterly crazed, mad doctor seeks eternal youth flick. It's a weird jumble of 80s US, anything goes, horror and Hong Kong supernatural/black magic horror, which positively throbs with a mutant libido. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if a drugged up James Hong who wrote the script and directed it, was in some kind of psychic contact with his penis throughout the whole process. Highly recommended.
Thank god this film actually exists! I was beginning to think I made it up!
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:33 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Thank god this film actually exists! I was beginning to think I made it up!
I'd hate to spend any time in your mind then. One of the many perverse delights I got from the film is the fact that for the past week I've watched James Hong in "Kung Fu Panda" on a daily basis with my son. Hong's nothing if not versatile.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:54 PM
Cult Master

download.jpg

images (10).jpg

download (1).jpg

images (11).jpg

Showed my mate Bronx Warriors and Pieces last night. Was his first time seeing them both. He loved them and ordered them online this morning. Trying to get him addicted to Arrow and Shameless now. He also has more money than me so he might have both of the collections complete in a few months
oaxaca, sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:13 AM
Cultist

The Cremator (1969 Juraj Herz )

A man (kind, but a bit strange in the beginning of the film) turning into a monster because of opportunism. Words fail me (and my English is not good enough) to describe this film. Go see it if you are interested in the darker side of mankind.

(IMDB says it's a horror/comedy. If you agree with the comedy tag, there is definitely something wrong with your perception of mankind.)

Last edited by monkeyscreams; 3rd September 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:28 AM
Cult Rookie

I bought yesterday Safe by Jason Statham, very cool movie, i like the storyline.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched
Gu aka Bewitched (1981). And I thought the Boxer's Omen was odd. recounting the story make just rob it of it's dowright strangeness, I feel. Mates thought same, tee hee. Result!!

Foxes (1980) Could you get two more different films? Jodie Foster more or less outs herself with this "teen comedy" to my mind. Interesting(?) to see Adrian Lyne was helming, as it was nothing but gloss and tripe, ah childhood memories...they are all lies I tells ye!!!

Started watching Touch Of Death, but felt sleepy, so Il finish that later. At least I have it back

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I gave the Day of the Dead remake another watch last night, enjoyed it more this time round, I just think it shouldn't be called DOTD as its not really a remake other than a few character names and certain scenes.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:20 PM
Ex-member

saw CLOVERFIELD with my girlfriend, she liked the crap i didn't
seen it before of course but its very overrated and i found the guy with the camcorder funny considering if the city is being blown up, attacked whatever, no one in their right mind would carrying on filming!
they would run for their lives!
the ending was very abrupt and dumb
i remember the publicity or should i say non publicity surrounding the hype
overall boring and crap

last night saw the brilliant NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS on the horror channel
sex, nudity, violence, the lot in this fun exploitation film
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Portrait in Crystal (1983)

Shaw fantasy/thriller/swordsplay (with horror elements!) exploitationer that delivers.

Definitely has a similar feel as Human Lanterns imho.

Bloody/gory and even has full frontal female nudity...this one would get slapped with a Cat III rating for certain a few years later!

Check out this "soft" trailer and then look at some caps (courtesy of Coolasscinema) and you'll notice the trailer is not showing any of the "harder" stuff (and there's plenty!).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg potrait.jpg (26.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg portrait2.jpg (32.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by bdc; 3rd September 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!