Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2012, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Despite being a fan of Alex Cox I've never seen REPO MAN.
And there was me thinking I was the only one on here who hasn't seen it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th February 2012, 08:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default recent viewing

my recent watches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jabberwocky (1977).jpg (100.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Clash Of The Titans.jpg (103.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg devils.jpg (101.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DellamorteDVDFront2D1.jpg (77.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 27th February 2012, 08:43 PM
Cult Addict

@Bizzare
Four Lions is rather great isn't it.

DVD and BD collection
Old 27th February 2012, 08:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Despite being a fan of Alex Cox I've never seen REPO MAN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
And there was me thinking I was the only one on here who hasn't seen it
It's definitely worth checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
@Bizzare
Four Lions is rather great isn't it.
Definitely!
Old 27th February 2012, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dellamorte Dellamore- Can't believe I've waited this long before seeing this absolute classic of a film, I enjoyed every minute of it. And I couldn't care less if Anna Falchi's breasticles are fake, they looked bloody great to me, just in case you need convincing
Le+foto+pi%25C3%25B9+belle+di+Anna+Falchi.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th February 2012, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

What did you think of Clash of the Titans Vic?

I watched it myself a couple of weeks ago for the first time as i wanted the poor reviews out of memory when i watched it .

I quite enjoyed it, seemed a pretty fun monster flick. If it had a different title more people would have been reasonable with it i feel. It is however not a patch on the original classic film.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What did you think of Clash of the Titans Vic?

I watched it myself a couple of weeks ago for the first time as i wanted the poor reviews out of memory when i watched it .

I quite enjoyed it, seemed a pretty fun monster flick. If it had a different title more people would have been reasonable with it i feel. It is however not a patch on the original classic film.
I rented it for me and my son to watch a couple of weeks back as we are both huge fans of the original, needless to say we both really liked it and I will be taking him to see the upcoming sequel Wrath of the Titans next month. Just goes to show, not all reviews are right.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Viewings for the last Two weeks...

RENEGADES: Fun action buddy film with Keifer Sutherland and Lou Diamond phillips about an undercover cop who teams up with an Indian to retrieve a sacred spear from bad guy Teabag (off of Prision Break)

PHANTOMS: Underrated horror from writer Dean Koontz about an evil presence in a small deserted town and the people who have to stop it. The Cast is better than it has any right to be, Ben Affleck, Liev Schreiber, Rose McGowen and Peter O'Tool star.

UNTHINKABLE: Michael Sheen plays a terrorist who has planted 3 nukes in three different U.S cities and it's up to Samuel L.Jackson and Carrie Anne Moss to find out where they are. Jackson plays one of the most ruthless interrogators i've ever seen. A very good thriller.

REAL STEEL: Surprisingly uplifting sci-fi sport film that comes across as Rocky meets Transformers for what is pretty much just Rock'em Sock'em Robots the movie. Great fun.

IN TIME: Original if flawed Sci-fi from the guy who made Gattraca about a future where everyone stops aging at 25 and the only way to continue living is to pay for everything in Time. Justin Timberlake stars and he's actually pretty good. Also stars that girl off of Mama Mia, you know the one that looks like Steve Buscemi....

ASSASSINATION GAMES: Lackluster action film starring Van Damme and Scott Adkins with next to 0 action and the same old tired 'hitmen join forces' plot that we've seen hundreds of time before. Adds nothing new to the action genre.

FINAL DESTINATION 5: For me the best since the second. Innovative kills and some pretty good uses of 3D mixed with a good script and a kick ass twist made this a pretty fun watch.

THE WARD: Welcome return for John Carpenter. An interesting take on the haunted Asylum plot with some great performances. Was good if a little too easy for Carpenter. Jarred Harris and Amber Heard are both great in this.

MOTHERS DAY (2011): Really really enjoyed this so-called 'remake' of the old Troma movie. Had sod all in common with the original but was a brutal, well shot and very well acted, by Rebecca De Mornay, Home Invasion thriller. Defo worth a look.

THE DEAD: Stunning Africa shot Zombie films from Britain's The Ford Brothers, with some great old school Fulci and Romero zombies. Not so heavy on the action but very very well acted and paced. Highly recommend this.

SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD: By far Romero's worst zombie film. Nicely filmed and well acted by Kenneth Walsh as O'Flynn and by Alan Van Sprang as Sarg. Over use of CGI in a Romero film and some really really bad ideas such as a zombie riding a horse and the god awful music. Still watchable but surely it's time he gave it a rest.

REPLICANT: Jean Claude Van Damme playing two versions of himself in the same movie, wow never seen that before in one of his films... in all seriousness though this was actually pretty decent. I think it helped that JCVD was starring opposite Michael Rooker who just nails everything he's in. Good direction from Ringo Lam too.

COMMAND PERFORMANCE: Dolph Lundgren plays Joe, ex-member of a biker gang turned drummer for some Euro rock band playing a benefit concert in Russia that gets taken over by some very nasty men. Dolph teams up with a presidential security agent to take them down and save the day. Actually found this film to be a great fun action film in the mould of Die Hard. It was written and directed by Dolph and it's well made even if some of the russians have american accent. Good rainy afternoon popcorn entertainment.

HURT LOCKER: Finally got around to watching this and i must say it is indeed a brilliant film. Incredibly well directed by Katherine Bigalow and written by Mark Boel with an intense performance from Jeremy Renner. It's pretty obvious to see why this was loved by all the awards ceremonies.

APOLLO 18: Now i know alot of people really hate this film and it is very very flawed but it had a very interesting idea behind it. It's well made and acted but the shooting style became quite annoying as it cut back and forth from 4x3 to 16:9 due to the changes in cameras. It's biggest flaw is how how the video footage is uploaded to the net for the film when it was apparently, according to the film, never recovered...AS IT'S IN SPACE!!!!. Worth a look if you can get it for free.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

SQUARE ROOT OF 964 PINOCCHIO- Much as I'm in favour of films based around the idea of a failed sex robot screaming whilst running down a street backwards, I have to say that watching this just put me to sleep. Well, I thought you were only ever allowed to watch harsh Japanese underground cyberpunk at 04.00 in the morning - evidently this notion is total bollocks. When I did emerge from my slumber at one point, the wonders of hypnagogia made me believe for a split second that I was watching a really bad eighties action flick featuring Jigsaw's Mr Noseybonk. I really wish that that had been the case, and now feel incredibly frustrated and angry that no such film actually exists. If it did exist, it would probably make explicit all Mssr Noseybonk's latent perviness and be hugely questionable or something, but it would be better than having a dream about a massive dog eating a very neat cucumber sandwich, which is what happened to me after I turned my DVD player off. Anyway, I'm just letting you know all this to make it clear that trying to watch this movie did not in any way make me a better or more worthwhile person, OK?
ZOMBIE FLESHEATERS 2 - A sensible film, at last. Although not a very good one, unless you're into the setting sun of late 80s Italian horror. I am, so I take it all back, it's great on a fun level and contains at least two jaw droppingly over the top moments involving flying zombie heads and a really vicious undead womb dweller. It's not Fulci at his finest, but it rattles and spurts along well enough for me.
Old 28th February 2012, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Carny - really enjoyed this particularly dark SyFy effort. Some masterful Lou Diamond Phillips brooding (of course!) and some surprisingly gruesome gore scenes. I'd recommend this one. Plus, The Jersey Devil is a fine monster.

I started watching Timber Falls too, but after a quarter of an hour I couldn't bear the tedious familiarity of the set-up, and went to bed. I'll give it another go later or tomorrow, if only for Beth Broderick.

Like this? Share it using the links below!