LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
never liked ACE VENTURA films
but the other two are shite esp MITM
Carrey portraying Andy Kaufman who was a very unfunny 'comedian' and the opening scene in that film was cringeworthy
Kaufman was an anarchist. read Lost in the Funhouse please.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd April 2012, 01:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Watched the Sorority Row remake. Absolute rubbish. There is one mildly amusing bit involving Carrie Fisher going ape with a shotgun, but other than that it is obnoxiously bad. The influence of Scream has not been a good thing...
I didn't dislike Sorority Row. One of the better PG remakes.

As Demoncrat mentions its far better than Prom Night and April Fools Day.
Old 2nd April 2012, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I only saw 1st two series of Prison break when it was first shown on tv ...then might be wrong it was taken by sky for the 3rd ...didnt have sky at the time so missed the rest..
Im now working my way through it and just started the last series (4)
And im lost could some one explain few things to me or does it do the explaining as the series goes on

In the 3rd series Tbag and bellick get caugh during the escape and put back inside so does sucra....
And Sarah gets killed lincoln saw her head in a box and his son was there when it happend...

Now cue series 4 first episode Tbag bellick sucra r all out of prison and there mention of sarah being alive ???
Ive just rewatched all 4 season in a space of a week, When Bellick, T-bag and Luchero are put back inside Sona, T-bag takes over the prison and causes a riot which resulted in the burning down of Sona which allowed Sucre, T-bag and Bellick to escape, Cue season 4, Bellick and Sucre have made it across the border back into the U.S and T-bag hires a group of mexicans to help him cross into the U.S. It was a bit of a cop out but i guess due to the 2007 writers's strike they only had 13 episodes for season 3 so had to explain it all in a sentence during one of the early episodes of Season 4. Hope that helps.

As for the Sarah being alive thing, It's mentioned by Gretchen that Sarah actually escaped capture and her death was fabricated and used as Leverage to make sure Michael broke whistler out of prison. The reason she was dropped from season 3 is because Sarah Wayne Callies got pregnant and the writers decided to kill her off then decided she added something to Michael's character and brought her back. to behonest the first few episodes of 4 are abit crap but as soon as it gets going it gets awesome.
Old 2nd April 2012, 02:55 PM
Cult Addict

The Hunger Games.
A watered down, thinned, stretched, dodgy looking, un-entertaining rip from Battle Royale.
Also, the cinematography made my head hurt.
Mini-Rant over.
Demoncrat likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:21 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Kaufman was an anarchist. read Lost in the Funhouse please.
sorry the guy died of cancer I believe, but he wasn't funny at all including the series TAXI which wasn't funny anyway
I read his only work was on the student campus but his 'humour' was not for me
I certainly won't be reading the book you mentioned!
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:22 PM
Ex-member

saw the brilliant SWITCHBLADE ROMANCE
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I didn't dislike Sorority Row. One of the better PG remakes.

As Demoncrat mentions its far better than Prom Night and April Fools Day.
As much as I hated it, I think I preferred the Prom Night "remake". At least it tried a totally different and new story instead of a diluted and incompetent version of the original.

If I must have incompetence, I'd rather it was original incompetence!
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
If I must have incompetence, I'd rather it was original incompetence!
That's a great way of putting it!
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Ive just rewatched all 4 season in a space of a week, When Bellick, T-bag and Luchero are put back inside Sona, T-bag takes over the prison and causes a riot which resulted in the burning down of Sona which allowed Sucre, T-bag and Bellick to escape, Cue season 4, Bellick and Sucre have made it across the border back into the U.S and T-bag hires a group of mexicans to help him cross into the U.S. It was a bit of a cop out but i guess due to the 2007 writers's strike they only had 13 episodes for season 3 so had to explain it all in a sentence during one of the early episodes of Season 4. Hope that helps.

As for the Sarah being alive thing, It's mentioned by Gretchen that Sarah actually escaped capture and her death was fabricated and used as Leverage to make sure Michael broke whistler out of prison. The reason she was dropped from season 3 is because Sarah Wayne Callies got pregnant and the writers decided to kill her off then decided she added something to Michael's character and brought her back. to behonest the first few episodes of 4 are abit crap but as soon as gets going it gets awesome.
Cheers but only just started season 4 sounds a little bit of a cop out in a way
Could have been better explained i guess but then again they could have made season 4 as rest of season 3 then made season 4 as season 5 if that makes sense..
Irrelivent to what people say i highly enjoyed season 3 thought it was great and as they say less is more ....
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched HANGOVER 2 and, while not as funny as the first one, it has it's share of funny moments.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!