All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2012, 11:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Donnie Darko. A perfect world end movie!
I thought we've lost you
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 20th December 2012, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

We have an entire forum dedicated to Prisoner:Cardboard Set H and threads about all kinds of crap, so I don't the problem with a bit of friendly sport chit chat
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th December 2012, 11:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Armageddon

Sorry i had to
I am watching Snowmaggedon!
Hawkmonger and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 20th December 2012, 11:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
We have an entire forum dedicated to Prisoner:Cardboard Set H and threads about all kinds of crap, so I don't the problem with a bit of friendly sport chit chat
Just a bit is ok
Old 20th December 2012, 11:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I thought we've lost you
Well, sought of. Hell has pretty good wifi
sawyer6 likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 20th December 2012, 11:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Incredible Hulk (2008) Not really a sequel to Ang Lee's version and not really a reboot either more a sideways slant in order to make it fit in with the Avengers series of movies. There is no Hulk origin story here its General Ross chasing Banner whilst creating a supersoldier who develops into the Abonimation leading to the inevitable showdown between the two Gamma monsters. TV's Hulk, Lou Ferrigno, gets another cameo as he did in the 2003 movie as does the TV shows piano theme tune, even a reporter called Jack McGee gets a mention. Theres a lot of CGI work here as there is in a lot of these superhero movies and I know it is not liked by everyone but the way I see it, it's just another tool used by movie makers. Both sound and colour also had its detractors when they were first developed.

The Man With the Golden Arm (1955) Frankie Machine is released from prison and has great plans. He's kicked the drug habit and has taken up the drums, he even has a stage name, Frankie Duvall! But old habits die hard and pretty soon he mixes with the old gang. Meanwhile his wife keeps a secret the consequences of which when found out by Frankies dealer could lead Frankie back to prison and the death penalty. A 50's melodrama with a great performance from Sinatra who portrays Machine's helplessness as he slides back into drug use in a believable way.
Old 21st December 2012, 01:18 AM
Cult Rookie

Time
Korean movie about a girl who gets plastic surgery in hopes of keeping her boyfriend. Although to me it;s about a girl who is mentally deranged.
my imdb rating
8/10
Special investigation unit
Another example of how good the koreans are at the gritty cop thriller
9/10
sawyer6 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 21st December 2012, 06:36 AM
Cult Addict

THE WATCH.

Ben stiller, Vince Vaughn, Johnah hill and Richard Ayoade! (the reason I rented this from work btw) all star as a group of hapless idiots who decide to form a neighbourhood watch group and have to foil an alien invasion.

This one has turned up pretty quickly to blu-ray/dvd. Not out yet give it time it'll be in every bargain bin you care to name of pretty soon. A shame really, its a flawed movie, deeply flawed infact but I actually kind of liked it. The cast do the usual improv-lines thing in the film which occasionally irritates, theres no real sense of suspense or urgency involving the impending alien invasion, it just feels like something thats going on, a suitable set piece for the final act. Basically its neither funny enough to be a top-tier comedy nor suspenseful enough to be a decent alien invasion film.

That said it is fun, there are parts that made me laugh and a few things to still reccomend. Doug Jones as the lead alien and cameos from Billy crudup and R lee eremy (both really funny.) and Will forte (seriously underrated comedien, really enjoyed Macgruber and his turns in tim and eric) playing an idiot cop. The film passes the time briskly enough but i'd say either watch it on lovefilm, rent it from a shop or wait till its dirt cheap weverywhere because its probably worth a look still.

I dont normally do 'out of 10' marks but if I did i'd give this 6/10
Old 21st December 2012, 09:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

THE DEVIL'S CHAIR - From the director of 'Broken'. I veered between liking it and finding it really irritating. A man at the centre of a killing in an abandoned mental hospital is released from a forensic unit by a psychologist who wants to take him back to the scene of the crime. Here, we find that whoever sits in 'The Devil's Chair' slips into another dimension where a fly-blown reaper demon chases and murders them. OK, I liked the demonic stuff, but, beyond the first ten minutes, the build up was protracted and dull. The central character's narration I found annoying, apart from the bit where he seemed to flip out and launch into a frenzied diatribe against horror fans! That was good, as was the descent into violent sadism at the end, which followed a bunch of ridiculous 'or are they...' type 'twists' and reality breakdowns. Some plus points, so worth a watch for the curious, I guess. It's confusing, but that doesn't make it 'Videodrome'.

A LONELY PLACE TO DIE - Fairly entertaining Brit horror / thriller about some mountain climbers in Scotland who find a small child in a ventilated underground chamber a la 'The Candy Snatchers'. They are then pursued by the culprits, a pair of professional kidnappers with big guns. Whilst it's quite standard, it's well made with good perfromances. The tension is well sustained during the 'chase' section of the movie, and I quite liked the climax at the village festival, which has a weirdly apocalyptic feeling about it.

CRIMES OF THE FUTURE - After seeing so many 'sort of quite good' movies recently, I had to put this on to remind myself of just how mad cinema can be. 'Crimes of the Future' is of course David Cronenberg's second feature and revisits the icy terrain of his debut 'Stereo'. Virtually all the themes, ideas and imagery explored in the films that followed are concertinaed into Cronenberg's first two pieces, especially 'Crimes...'. Adrian Tripod is the director of a dermatological institute in a world whose female population seems to have disappeared. This is connected with the work of his mentor, Antoine Rouge, a researcher who gave his name to a condition which causes sensually attractive fluids to ooze from the orifices of the infected. Tripod joins the sex underground and drifts through a landscape of medical fetishism. In the extremely disturbing finale, Antoine Rouge is reincarnated as a six year old girl. Alienating and essential, and really very creepy, much more so than the far more explicit B movies the director would make his name with later in the seventies and eighties.
VicDakin, Gojirosan, Wes and 2 others like this.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
CRIMES OF THE FUTURE - After seeing so many 'sort of quite good' movies recently, I had to put this on to remind myself of just how mad cinema can be...
Brilliant stuff as always, I must pull out my Fast Company at the w/end and watch this !
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!