Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2013, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

There is an Australian one as well but I don't know what the transfer is like - the extra's are good though and it still looks better than the DVDs.

I get the feeling it might get re-released this year though so you might want to hold off, €21 is a lot for a film.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th January 2013, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Went to see Les Miserables today, while it is well acted and directed i found it to be immensely boring and for the first hour kept checking my watch every five minutes. At one point i was seriously considering leaving the film to go an watch The Last Stand instead, but as i didn't pay for the tickets and it was a birthday present for my mum, i decided to stay. I just didn't like the film.
I also really disliked this, and it's not because it's a musical, aside from horror films musicals are my favourite genre films

Like you, I found it boring and tedious, and once you get over the wow factor of the production values you're left with very little else.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I also really disliked this, and it's not because it's a musical, aside from horror films musicals are my favourite genre films

Like you, I found it boring and tedious, and once you get over the wow factor of the production values you're left with very little else.
all the performances were good with the exception of Amanda Seyfried who annoyed the crap out of me and the music is great but it was far too long and yeah once you get past that initial wow factor it is a pretty empty movie.
Old 26th January 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Tonights viewings:

The Collection - Great sequel! More of the same so if you loved the first flick like me then you will love this! The opening was pretty awesome with a nightclub rigged with traps! A lot of "pretty" teens killed off in a very bloody fashion!

American Mary - Good premise and executed well but there felt like something was missing. I liked the whole body modification clinic thing she was doing but rest of the flick felt average. Not a bad movie but not great either!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th January 2013, 10:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
There is an Australian one as well but I don't know what the transfer is like - the extra's are good though and it still looks better than the DVDs.

I get the feeling it might get re-released this year though so you might want to hold off, €21 is a lot for a film.
Transfer is almost identical. But it has fantastic extras taken from this and the AB DVD.

And original cover art too. (As long as you can ignore the big R)

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 26th January 2013, 10:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Took a break from early cinema and slipped into 80's horror (Arrow)
Deadly Blessing (1981) ahh! Maren Jensen!
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) ahh! Linnea Quigley.....at least from the neck down!
Old 26th January 2013, 11:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:

The joy of the euro i suppose even tho everything seems more expensive here compared to the rest of Europe.
Old 26th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
06:30am

Glass of vodka in one hand, cigarette in the other, the Lerner and Loewe musical 'Paint Your Wagon' DVD blasting out on the television

Does life get better than this?
I'm a bit late to reply but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one up at this time some nights.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 26th January 2013, 11:30 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I'm a bit late to reply but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one up at this time some nights.
Im often still up at 4 or 5 when i have to be in work for 8 i find it so hard to sleep the past year or so. Most days im like a zombie in work after 2 hours sleep.
Old 26th January 2013, 11:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Im often still up at 4 or 5 when i have to be in work for 8 i find it so hard to sleep the past year or so. Most days im like a zombie in work after 2 hours sleep.
I would struggle to work after that little sleep but a friend at work is the same, he stays up until about 4 then gets into work just after 8. Co-codamol has been keeping me up, I'm supposed to be taking amitriptyline to help me sleep but it's not working. Just switched to Tramadol to switch it up because of the weird effects I've been having on co-codamol but it kept me up until 10am last night/this morning In a weird good way it at least didn't knock me out after that and I managed to get up for 1pm and I still feel wide awake. I miss normal sleeping patterns.

Like this? Share it using the links below!