Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree143884Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #20561  
Old 18th February 2013, 08:03 PM
Slippery Jack's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It had me laughing out loud, considering how depressed i've been lately it really did cheer me up no end.
Yeah I laughed everytime he appeared! The rest of the film didn't do it for me, unfortunately. Still, 1 and 2 are an awesome double bill . . .

What happened with that job exam thing btw . . . ?
keirarts likes this.
__________________
I now have a shiny new website! Or check out my DeviantArt profile if you please...
Reply With Quote
  #20562  
Old 18th February 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wolfenstein Castle
Default

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane (2007). 1/2 out of * * * *

Horrible. A waste of time. Half of a star for a cute-looking Amber Heard, though. The final twist is a farce - don't waste your time pondering on the question "Why?"...I did, and I still don't have the slightest clue...

Greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #20563  
Old 18th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane (2007). 1/2 out of * * * *

Horrible. A waste of time. Half of a star for a cute-looking Amber Heard, though. The final twist is a farce - don't waste your time pondering on the question "Why?"...I did, and I still don't have the slightest clue...

Greetings!
I can't remember much about it apart from some running through fields i think.

I seem to recall quite liking it though.
Reply With Quote
  #20564  
Old 18th February 2013, 10:16 PM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yeah I laughed everytime he appeared! The rest of the film didn't do it for me, unfortunately. Still, 1 and 2 are an awesome double bill . . .

What happened with that job exam thing btw . . . ?
Not heard about the results to that yet. I do have an interview for a job with lloyds tsb, its an hour commute but should be good money working for the man and fleecing them taxpayers (wont say that in the interview!)

Finished up the evening with DEATH SHIP.

Scorpions blu has different features to the nucleus dvd, so dont get rid of your old copies, but its region free and looks supurb.

Some films get by on a supurb location alone, and death ship with its eerie creaking old nazi vessel aided by a great score oozes atmosphere. Another old classic I used to own on vhs, this is a highly reccomended little horror movie.
Reply With Quote
  #20565  
Old 18th February 2013, 10:44 PM
Criterion7's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St.John's NL. Canada
Default

DREDD

Wish I had gone to theatre. This is an incredible movie. Love this style and I really hope this is the start of a trilogy.
__________________
The Poster Formerly Know As Arrowfan
Reply With Quote
  #20566  
Old 18th February 2013, 11:56 PM
Linbro's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Not heard about the results to that yet. I do have an interview for a job with lloyds tsb, its an hour commute but should be good money working for the man and fleecing them taxpayers (wont say that in the interview!)

Finished up the evening with DEATH SHIP.

Scorpions blu has different features to the nucleus dvd, so dont get rid of your old copies, but its region free and looks supurb.

Some films get by on a supurb location alone, and death ship with its eerie creaking old nazi vessel aided by a great score oozes atmosphere. Another old classic I used to own on vhs, this is a highly reccomended little horror movie.
Good news re. 'DeathShip' - the blu is on its way to me at the moment.
Good luck with the interview!
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #20567  
Old 18th February 2013, 11:58 PM
buggenhagen's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post
DREDD

Wish I had gone to theatre. This is an incredible movie. Love this style and I really hope this is the start of a trilogy.
Watched it on blu recently and completely agree - really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Loved it from start to finish, as did my wife (which was a surprise!)

Unfortunately I believe the chances of a sequel (let alone the planned trilogy) are slim due to it doing so badly in the States. I specifically bought the blu (instead of waiting to rent) to show my support and hopefully bump up their return. I think I even read that they've recently auctioned off all the props which is never a good sign. Shame.
Hawkmonger and Criterion7 like this.
__________________
Trampy And The Tramp's Glasgow Of Curry

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #20568  
Old 19th February 2013, 12:29 AM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmingham
Default

Just watched
Inside
Livid
2 very good French horrors
Relay looking forward to what these directors do in the future.
nekromantik and Hawkmonger like this.
Reply With Quote
  #20569  
Old 19th February 2013, 01:31 AM
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: berwick
Default

Been watching the old channel 4 documentary series Eurotica and id forgotten just how great it is. Its a shame theres nothing on normal telly like these kinds of shows these days.
This led me to watching a couple of Jess Franco films Devil Hunter and Oasis of zombies. Devil Hunter always gets slated but i have a soft spot for it ( love the vietnam flashback scene that you can hear but not see lol ). The Severin dvd is top quality as well. Oasis of Zombies was not as good and i would like to see the spanish version to see if its any better.
I plan to get hold of some Mario Bava next as ive only seen Bay of Blood and his earlier stuff looks interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #20570  
Old 19th February 2013, 07:02 AM
nekromantik's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Worthing
Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggenhagen View Post
Watched it on blu recently and completely agree - really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Loved it from start to finish, as did my wife (which was a surprise!)

Unfortunately I believe the chances of a sequel (let alone the planned trilogy) are slim due to it doing so badly in the States. I specifically bought the blu (instead of waiting to rent) to show my support and hopefully bump up their return. I think I even read that they've recently auctioned off all the props which is never a good sign. Shame.
Hopefully DVD/Blu sales are high enough to warrant a sequel!
This was a great flick and I missed it in the cinemas too!
Criterion7 likes this.
__________________


My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.