All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2013, 04:56 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Had an Afternoon of the Living Dead today, watching the original NOTLD on Blu Ray followed by the remake on DVD

Gotta feel sorry for this poor sod who worked as an electrician on the remake

Attachment 116136
Whats the Blu Ray like Rik
Old 1st August 2013, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Whats the Blu Ray like Rik
It's the better of the two versions available, I was advised to steer clear of the one with the green cover. Nothing much in the way of extras, besides a Romero documentary, but the picture and sound quality is really good.
Now if only someone would release the "wank" remake over here on Blu
keirarts, Nordicdusk and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2013, 05:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
It's the better of the two versions available, I was advised to steer clear of the one with the green cover. Nothing much in the way of extras, besides a Romero documentary, but the picture and sound quality is really good.
Now if only someone would release the "wank" remake over here on Blu
You said Wank

Sorry im an immature child at heart.

Cheers for that Rik i was not sure which to pick up its the only one of the Dead films i have not gotten around to picking up on Blu Ray yet.
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 1st August 2013, 06:00 PM
Cult Addict

There was some bloke with the surname 'wanker' that worked on the TV Buffy the vampire slayer. Probably what he was up to on his coffee break watching Sarah michelle gellar practicing her martial arts.
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 1st August 2013, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
There was some bloke with the surname 'wanker' that worked on the TV Buffy the vampire slayer. Probably what he was up to on his coffee break watching Sarah michelle gellar practicing her martial arts.
I think I noticed the Paul Wank thing the first time I watched NOTLD90 when it was first released, needless to say it made the 12 year old version of me chuckle
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2013, 06:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You go years without seeing a Nicholas Cage film and then two come along. Season of the Witch on Film4 last week and not bad. The whole thing falls asunder in the final act, but the central premise of a knight transporting a suspected witch across Medieval Europe could have been truly fascinating in the hands of a good film maker...

The Frozen Ground... the chance to go see an 18 at the cinema was too rare an event to miss out on. John Cusack hitches his wagon to the serial killer film, a la Robin Williams in One Hour Photo, and Cage is the cop tracking him down. Not a bad effort overall, suffers from big studio anonymity, but a passable but comfortable 90mins or so and no pesky teenagers ringing their friends to say "I'm at the pictures. Where are you ?"...
troggi likes this.
Old 1st August 2013, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching RED for the first time on FILM4. Our drummer is always banging on about how good it is and that I should check it out, so I thought I'd give it a go tonight. Needless to say, he was right (first time for a drummer), I thought it was brilliant, just the right mix of comedy and action with John Malkovich creating the most laughs from me. Looking forward to checking out the sequel in the next week or 2 and I'm definitely gonna buy this on BD
keirarts, Nordicdusk and troggi like this.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Just finished watching RED for the first time on FILM4. Our drummer is always banging on about how good it is and that I should check it out, so I thought I'd give it a go tonight. Needless to say, he was right (first time for a drummer), I thought it was brilliant, just the right mix of comedy and action with John Malkovich creating the most laughs from me. Looking forward to checking out the sequel in the next week or 2 and I'm definitely gonna buy this on BD
I watch Red one Sunday morning with my mother and i was dying with a hang over. We both loved it great film and it helped ease my pain too so two tumbs up
troggi likes this.
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I watch Red one Sunday morning with my mother and i was dying with a hang over. We both loved it great film and it helped ease my pain too so two tumbs up
Two thumbs up what? Sounds messy!

Monster Magnet
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Wolverine - An improvement from the first X-MEN: Origins Wolverine film but still not a fantastic flick. Nice to have the action set in Japan and a teaser in the credits for Days of Future Past due out next year but I can't help but feel if they upped the certificate we would get the Wolverine film the fans all want!

3/5
troggi likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!