Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2013, 08:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Evil Dead (remake). Which I still quite like.
Rik, trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 12th October 2013, 05:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

From Beyond

Second Sight BD. Brain eating, eye ball sucking, weird BDSM angle, Yuzna, Coombes, Foree, Lovecraft....how many things can one film have going for it? This is one of the best UK genre BDs I've bought in a long time...and to think I made do with the R rated Dragon release all these years.

Last edited by Zann; 12th October 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Prometheus... My second viewing of Ridley Scott's belated return to the Alien series, and I was particularly keen to revisit the film considering as my first time seeing it was at 40,000 ft somewhere over the Atlantic ocean... Overall, a mixed bag, the film suffers from clichéd, underwritten characters, the science is woefully inadequate, the story intellectually hollow, but for all my complaints, I'm far more forgiving of the film on this second pass - it moves along at a fine pace, the visuals are often stunning, it's beautifully shot and lit and the art direction and set design are incredible. Yep, I enjoyed it, and against all odds this one is a keeper...

As long as it's better than Alien3, I'll watch it. My workmate say it's excellent as a stand-alone film. So I'll give it a to sometime.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
From Beyond

Second Sight BD. Brain eating, eye ball sucking, weird BDSM angle, Yuzna, Coombes, Foree, Lovecraft....how many things can one film have going for it? This is one of the best UK genre BDs I've bought in a long time...and to think I made do with the R rated Dragon release all these years.
Stupid moment coming up: I'm hopeless with abbreviations and wondered what BD and BDSM mean.
Zann and troggi like this.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Bay last night, not too bad a film. By far one of the better found-footage styled movies that has came out in recent years
PaulD and troggi like this.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Stupid moment coming up: I'm hopeless with abbreviations and wondered what BD and BDSM mean.
BD = Blu-ray Disc
BDSM = Bondage, Discipline & Sadomasochism i.e. kinky sex play.

Don't be getting them confused now.
Rik, PaulD, fuzzymctiger and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Delirium; 12th October 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
BD = Blu Ray Disc
BDSM = Bondage, Discipline & Sadomasochism i.e. kinky sex play.

Don't be getting them confused now.
I feel like a total **** now!

I always thought Blu-Ray would be abbreviated to BR. Just me maybe
Zann and troggi like this.
Old 12th October 2013, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I feel like a total **** now!

I always thought Blu-Ray would be abbreviated to BR. Just me maybe
Well it's actually Blu-ray Disc, so BD makes sense. Sorry, that was me typing in caps!
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 12th October 2013, 11:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Well it's actually Blu-ray Disc, so BD makes sense. Sorry, that was me typing in caps!
I see, that's everything cleared up now
Old 12th October 2013, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

In between marathon X Files sessions, I've watched a couple of films too.

Kalifornia- David (Mulder) Duchovny, Brad Pitt, Juliette Lewis and another actress, who I've never seen in anything else, star in this excellent thriller about a couple (Duchovny and whatshername) who decide to travel to California, checking out famous serial killer sites along the way. To save money on fuel expenses, they advertise for another couple to tag along for the ride, said couple is Pitt and Lewis, the former being a parolee who just so happens to be a complete psychopath too and really does put the red in redneck!
Needless to say, the violence erupts pretty soon when Pitt goes on a killing spree to enable himself to contribute to the fuel costs etc resulting in Duchovny and whatshername fighting for survival.
Thursday's viewing was the first time in ages that I'd watched it and only because I saw it in CEX for £1.50 that morning. Overall, it's an excellent thriller with Brad Pitt being on excellent form as the very convincing Early Grace, highly recommended.

All the other films I've watched have been discussed by me on here before, so there's no need for me to repeat myself, but they were as follows:

F13: the Final Chapter
Lair of the White Worm
Gone in 60 Seconds (Nic Cage version)
ArgentoFan1987, Zann and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!