All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2014, 06:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Original Double Bill Night...

Watching Cronenberg while drinking Kronenberg. Truly excellent double bill.
I originally saw this double bill at the cinema
Old 10th January 2014, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The fury

Not as creepy or disturbing as when I saw it as a kid but still a great shocker that is beautifully shot and has a wondful John Williams score. Great performances all round and john cassavetes is a truly disturbing character with no redeeming qualities, each of his scenes has a quite chilling menace to them.

For me the best scene is the escape which starts with the feeling of joy and soon desends into a sense of despair and loss, which is helped greatly by the wondful score and de Palmas direction. Other great scenes is the fairground scene and the spin me right round like a record scene ( as I like to call it) where the character of Robin snaps. 9.5/10

Nightmare city

A good job has been done with the restoration, but someplace there is a drop in quality. It's not the best film but it's very enjoyable with some good gore, but I always thought the zombies or what ever they are look like someone who has placed there head in a bucket of shit and let it dry. Extra wise with have trailers and a 49.27 minute interview with umberto lenzi. I do expect the arrow version late this year will have more extras and probably even more of a improvement in picture quality. 7.5/10

Now watch the blood beast of terror.
Old 10th January 2014, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The fury

Not as creepy or disturbing as when I saw it as a kid but still a great shocker that is beautifully shot and has a wondful John Williams score. Great performances all round and john cassavetes is a truly disturbing character with no redeeming qualities, each of his scenes has a quite chilling menace to them.

For me the best scene is the escape which starts with the feeling of joy and soon desends into a sense of despair and loss, which is helped greatly by the wondful score and de Palmas direction. Other great scenes is the fairground scene and the spin me right round like a record scene ( as I like to call it) where the character of Robin snaps. 9.5/10

Nightmare city

A good job has been done with the restoration, but someplace there is a drop in quality. It's not the best film but it's very enjoyable with some good gore, but I always thought the zombies or what ever they are look like someone who has placed there head in a bucket of shit and let it dry. Extra wise with have trailers and a 49.27 minute interview with umberto lenzi. I do expect the arrow version late this year will have more extras and probably even more of a improvement in picture quality. 7.5/10

I remember the time when it was incredibly hard to get an uncut version of Nightmare City (still own the uncut Japanese vhs).
Old 10th January 2014, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The fury

Nightmare city

Nice review trebor. I have The Fury on my 'to watch' pile.
Old 10th January 2014, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Who Dares Wins was last nights continuation of operation watch the Arrow video collection. I watched this just before Christmas and have to scythe raid at the end never gets boring.

Tonight I watched RIPD which wasn't the train wreck I was expecting, although it hovers on the below average side of average. I wouldn't recommend it - anyone want to buy a slightly used blu-ray?
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th January 2014, 01:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wicked Lake (2008).
Bondage; lesbian witches; Ministry... I need to see this.
Old 11th January 2014, 07:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
has MTDS finally got his own reality tv show?
Old 11th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched the 70's Invasion of the Body Snatchers last night after work. Brilliantly done. Donald Sutherland, Leonard Nimoy and Jeff Goldblum. What more do you need?
Old 11th January 2014, 02:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Uncle Al is in the film playing a pervy art teacher and does an introduction as well. The highlight being he asks Fangoria readers to look away as the film probably won't be to their taste.
Old 11th January 2014, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Insomnia 2002

Nice taut thriller this. Both Pacino and Williams were great. I never knew that this was a
Christopher Nolan directed movie. Some amazing cinematography and spectacular scenery make this a visual treat for the viewer. Glad I got to see this one. While watching this I was thinking how good Williams would be at playing the role Roberts Blossom played if they ever decided to remake Deranged. Don't know why! Insomnia is great by the way

Like this? Share it using the links below!