Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2014, 12:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is that a general observation or just in this film Frankie?

If it's in general, because i do too. Have you seen Milk Money? A fine rom-com where Griffith's hooker gets embroiled with single dad Ed Harris. It's perhaps a little schmaltzy for you but i love it.
A general observation. She's one of my favourite actresses. 'Something Wild' is in my all time top five, although not a lot of people would say that of themselves. I don't think I've seen 'Milk Money', but I really like Ed Harris too.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th November 2014, 06:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ah, Litan! A bizarre curio that certainly needs some more exposure. Glad you enjoyed it, Frankie.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 10th November 2014, 08:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Ah, Litan! A bizarre curio that certainly needs some more exposure. Glad you enjoyed it, Frankie.
It's an amazing film, I should've bigged it up even more. Are you aware of any plans for a 'proper' release? It really deserves one.
Old 10th November 2014, 08:42 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
It's an amazing film, I should've bigged it up even more. Are you aware of any plans for a 'proper' release? It really deserves one.
There was a French DVD released by Pathe in 2005, but I don't think it's English language friendly...

Old 10th November 2014, 03:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ANOES: Freddy's Revenge (Jack Sholder, 1985).
Not as "gay" as Top Gun imho. Though Rick Springfield looked pretty enough

The Visitor (Micheal J Paradise, 1979). Where has this film been all my life? Truly beyond description, I fervently insist that all members who haven't had the pleasure/torture of seeing this, to rectify this immediately. Or not.

Willow Creek (Bobcat Goldthwaite, 2014).
I feel I may have missed the point of this film.

Stage Fright (Michele Soavi, 1987).
If I'm going to watch one film with a sax solo, It will be this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th November 2014, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
ANOES: Freddy's Revenge (Jack Sholder, 1985).
Not as "gay" as Top Gun imho. Though Rick Springfield looked pretty enough

The Visitor (Micheal J Paradise, 1979). Where has this film been all my life? Truly beyond description, I fervently insist that all members who haven't had the pleasure/torture of seeing this, to rectify this immediately. Or not.

Willow Creek (Bobcat Goldthwaite, 2014).
I feel I may have missed the point of this film.

Stage Fright (Michele Soavi, 1987).
If I'm going to watch one film with a sax solo, It will be this.
They must of of knowing the gay undertones in freddys revenge it seems impossible to make the film without knowing. I knw they said they had no clue on never sleep again, but come on!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 10th November 2014, 06:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Doc savage man of bronze

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415648009.312617.jpg
A childhood favourite that I haven't seen since I was a kid. Still as much fun as when I first saw it. doc savage investigates the death of his father along with his friends the fabulous five. Over the top, great theme song and outrageously camp but that's why I loved it as a child and love it now. Only disappointment we never got that sequel that was promised with the end credits. 10/10

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1Q-5M2-qA

The creation of the humanoids

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415649486.837819.jpg
Unlike a lot of sci fi around the same time it's very cerebral without much action. The story is set many years after nuclear war were robots or clickers as they are called here are created as a slave race. The story opens with two clickers charged with killing a human. The leader of a group called the order of the flesh who look down on the clickers( think of them as the KKK or nazis) gets involved. But things are not as it seems as we find out that the clickers have been resurrecting dead humans in improved android bodies which can reproduce, (which the vast amount of the human population can't and because of this is dying out) and immunity to radiation. The final irony comes when the leader of the order finds out that he himself is one of the things he hates so much. As I said very little action but I enjoyed it. Really reminded me of a episode of Star Trek and something like this was done in the next generation episode measure of the man. 7.5/10

Now watching the soceress

Last edited by trebor8273; 10th November 2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10th November 2014, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

The creation of the humanoids

Attachment 149223
Unlike a lot of sci fi around the same time it's very cerebral without much action. The story is set many years after nuclear war were robots or clickers as they are called here are created as a slave race. The story opens with two clickers charged with killing a human. The leader of a group called the order of the flesh who look down on the clickers( think of them as the KKK or nazis) gets involved. But things are not as it seems as we find out that the clickers have been resurrecting dead humans in improved android bodies which can reproduce, (which the vast amount of the human population can't and because of this is dying out) and immunity to radiation. The final irony comes when the leader of the order finds out that he himself is one of the things he hates so much. As I said very little action but I enjoyed it. Really reminded me of a episode of Star Trek and something like this was done in the next generation episode measure of the man. 7.5/10

Now watching the soceress
I really like the sound of this 'The Creation of the Humanoids' Trebor, was this on disc or youtube or..?

I just love obscure sci-fi / horror, especially b/w! Never heard of this one.
Old 10th November 2014, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
I really like the sound of this 'The Creation of the Humanoids' Trebor, was this on disc or youtube or..?

I just love obscure sci-fi / horror, especially b/w! Never heard of this one.
Disc. If you are a fan of Star Trek TOS I think you will enjoy it.

But it is on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opMizj_ZAys
Old 10th November 2014, 08:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks Trebor, link saved.

Like this? Share it using the links below!