All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2015, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The men's rights movement (aka P^%$$ off they never got a date at school)

I doubt anyone's too concerned, It's like offending a nuttier version of UKIP.
Or their gay.
Old 20th May 2015, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict

You are not alone

An American couple house swap and move to sunny Glastonbury where they stay at a house that seems to have a nutter living somewhere in the house terrorizing them. Probably would have worked a little better if the film-makers had more confidence in their own ability and ditched the hidden camera schtick and made more of a straight ahead thriller. That said, I've seen worse.

Reality kills.

Starts of as a faux documentary on a serial killer before heading into straight u[p found footage territory. Plays as more of a slasher film but at least uses the found footage to better affect than you are not a alone. Here a group of film-makers making a DIY show on a house where some local serial killer is living. Trashy as hell but enjoyable.

Maggie

so I hear Arnie has made a zombie movie! Just don;t expect the film to be anything at all like the film you just imagined.
Absolutely not like what one would expect, Maggie is a slow burning tale of grief as the Austrian oak deals with his daughters infection. Essentially its about dealing with the death of a loved one and learning to let go. Plenty of weeping. Quite apocalyptic in places and very, very downbeat. So long as you can deal with it, Maggie is actually pretty decent, you will probably need to watch a comedy afterwards though.
Old 20th May 2015, 10:38 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
You are not alone

An American couple house swap and move to sunny Glastonbury where they stay at a house that seems to have a nutter living somewhere in the house terrorizing them. Probably would have worked a little better if the film-makers had more confidence in their own ability and ditched the hidden camera schtick and made more of a straight ahead thriller. That said, I've seen worse.

Reality kills.

Starts of as a faux documentary on a serial killer before heading into straight u[p found footage territory. Plays as more of a slasher film but at least uses the found footage to better affect than you are not a alone. Here a group of film-makers making a DIY show on a house where some local serial killer is living. Trashy as hell but enjoyable.

Maggie

so I hear Arnie has made a zombie movie! Just don;t expect the film to be anything at all like the film you just imagined.
Absolutely not like what one would expect, Maggie is a slow burning tale of grief as the Austrian oak deals with his daughters infection. Essentially its about dealing with the death of a loved one and learning to let go. Plenty of weeping. Quite apocalyptic in places and very, very downbeat. So long as you can deal with it, Maggie is actually pretty decent, you will probably need to watch a comedy afterwards though.
Really wanted to see Maggie since I saw the first trailer and I expected nothing other than what you just described.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st May 2015, 07:27 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Really wanted to see Maggie since I saw the first trailer and I expected nothing other than what you just described.
Just thought I'd pre empt some of the inevitable criticism of an otherwise good film.
Old 21st May 2015, 01:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE FLESH AND BLOOD SHOW
Early Pete Walker horror, concerning a group of young actors tricked into rehearsing a play by a mysterious figure with murder in mind.
Another title only available in pretty murky versions, this is another that gets a lovely upgrade from Redemption. As a movie, it's a little overlong ( a fact alluded to by Walker himself in the accompanying interview ) but it's still an enjoyable watch and paves the way for upcoming gems such as FRIGHTMARE.

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE
One of the most eagerly anticipated titles finally arrives on blu ray, and to say it was worth the wait is an understatement. The quality of the transfer is simply stunning - Bava's compositions and colour have never looked as good. Some scenes amost have a 3d feel to them. Together with some terrific interviews, features and packaging, this is an essential purchase.
Old 21st May 2015, 05:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Just thought I'd pre empt some of the inevitable criticism of an otherwise good film.
I really sorry if my post seemed a bit of a smart arse reply it was not what I intended only after I read back over it there I sounded like a dick

I should of added to my post saying that I am glad its a downbeat more serious role for Arnie its great to see him taking some risks.
Old 21st May 2015, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I really sorry if my post seemed a bit of a smart arse reply it was not what I intended only after I read back over it there I sounded like a dick

I should of added to my post saying that I am glad its a downbeat more serious role for Arnie its great to see him taking some risks.
no offence taken whatsoever.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 21st May 2015, 08:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

I don't think anyone thinks you are a dick Nordy, most of us think you are the polar opposite.
Old 21st May 2015, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mrs doubtfire

A great comedy classic and one of Williams best films who is brilliant as Mrs doubtfire. Like how it doesn't go for the usual Hollywood happy ending of him getting back with his wife. Even after all this time I'm left with a sense of sadness at the loss of such wonderful and funny man. 9.5/10
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st May 2015, 11:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

One False Move (1992)

9/10

Highly recommended. Has one of the most disturbing and powerful murder scenes I have seen.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!