Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
My favourite Spielberg films are

9. The Terminal

11. Catch me if you can

Two wonderful films. Both endlessly entertaining.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
TURBO KID

Shit blows up!

DIE HARD

Shit blows up!

BLACK JACK

Shit blows up!
Turbo Kid is quality entertainment, it's up there with Kung Fury.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Turbo Kid is quality entertainment, it's up there with Kung Fury.
I've not seen that one, but Turbo Kid is now on the MTDS family approved list. The boy Slowly loved it.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:28 PM
Cult Addict

Burial Ground

Callum waddell seems a little perplexed as to the appeal of Burial Ground on the 88 exclusive commentary so here goes. Between the weird, ambient sound track, the weird as f**k dialogue, the slow, lumbering but weirdly intelligent zombies with surprising levels of intelligence and of course Michael its hard to really dislike Burial ground in spite of all its flaws.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it follows a group of 70's euro trash swingers out for a good time in the country side. They head to one of the groups mansions out in the countryside. Its got all the mod cons including butlers, erotic lingerie just lying about in the cupboard (which one woman rudely just puts on without checking its been cleaned) an Etruscan cemetery and a hipster professor who's been dicking about in the cemetery and has woken the living dead. The group get taken by surprise thanks to all the greasy 70's sex they're having along with the copious J&B that's served by the butler. One guest has a little more to contend with as she's brought her 'baby' an incest dwarf named michael who's upset as mama doesn't let him breast feed no more. In fairness she's pretty foxy and michael can't afford to be fussy but still it's a little much. Still they all have much more to worry about than hang overs, VD and incest guilt as the hordes of undead pretty much force their way in.
As f****g stupid as this film is its so much fun it's impossible to dislike it. The gore is piled on with a trowel, the location as typical of Italian genre cinema is excellent. I like some of the zombie designs and the dialogue genuinely makes me chuckle. Kudos as well to 88 as this is possibly the best looking Euro release they have put out to date.

Emanuelle and the last cannibals.

After fingering a girl in an asylum to learn her secrets, investigative reporter Emanuelle has a bunch of greasy sex before heading into the amazon to find out what happened to the girl. Plenty of nudity it seems, invented ritual sacrifice that gives plenty of opportunity to show nudity and something about Diamonds.
This ones not the greatest cinematic achievement however its a bit of fun and has a smoking chimp.
Old 3rd April 2016, 05:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
To me Jaws betters the Indy films and his Jurassic Park films come just below them. Yes, even the second film.
Jaws isn't far behind at all.
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Nightbirds (1970)

I just watched Andy Milligan's Nightbirds, it wasn't what I expected, but then the short paragraph on the back of the box doesn't give much away at all, however I really enjoyed it.

In look and feel it reminded of Thundercrack! which I watched earlier in the year, funnily enough when I added it onto my letterboxd diary I noticed that others had compared it to Kuchar who wrote Thundercrack!

I don't want to say too much about it in case some people haven't seen it and fancy watching it, it's always best to go into these things blind in my opinion. Apparently, star of the film Berwick Kaler hadn't seen the film ever until he was asked to record the commentary track in 2012 and he watched it a few days prior to it - I haven't listened to the track yet so I don't know whether or not he likes his performance, which shall we say is rather unprepared haha.

4/5

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd April 2016, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Excellent creature feature and about a man and his wife and baby who Move to a creepy house near some even more creepy woods for his job, it's not soon b fore they find out they aren't welcome by the locals, strange things soon begin to happen which they think has something to do with the locals, but it's not long before they found out something more sinister and evil is at work. It's not hard to see that the director has a love of the genre and their borrows from films like straw dogs, the thing, alien and Cronenberg movies amongst others. Well Worth a watch . 8.2/10

Now watching this, which is my first viewing and I can already tell you before it's finished it's going to be a 10/10
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran

All this talk of Thief, I'm going to have to pick a copy up (i'm so easily influenced!!)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd April 2016, 06:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
All this talk of Thief, I'm going to have to pick a copy up (i'm so easily influenced!!)
I would, it's an amazing film. Fantastic acting, direction, writing and a ****ing awesome soundtrack. To be honest I'm disgusted with myself it's taking so long to final watch this film and the arrow blu looks and sounds amazing
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Excellent creature feature and about a man and his wife and baby who Move to a creepy house near some even more creepy woods for his job, it's not soon b fore they find out they aren't welcome by the locals, strange things soon begin to happen which they think has something to do with the locals, but it's not long before they found out something more sinister and evil is at work. It's not hard to see that the director has a love of the genre and their borrows from films like straw dogs, the thing, alien and Cronenberg movies amongst others. Well Worth a watch . 8.2/10
Sounds like The Hallow finds another fan!

Like this? Share it using the links below!