Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179689Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Iron Maiden: Flight 666

I absolutely love this documentary which is as much about the fans and audiences as it is about how a band chartered their own plane and flew to countries that other bands simply don't play. I got emotional, not quite as much as the guy literally praying to god because he caught Nicko's drum stick, tears running down his face quite beside himself with joy.
It's easy to forget that we're extremely lucky to have the opportunity to see bands that we like pretty much any time we fancy going to a gig, there will be something on somewhere near. These poor guys either in Mumbai, India or Bogota, Colombia hadn't ever been to a big production metal gig and had only ever dreamt of seeing Maiden.

On a side note to finish, seriously Dave Murray must be the nicest man in Heavy Metal (and my personal guitar hero )

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th June 2017, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 7th June 2017, 10:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Special Forces (2011)

When a French journalist is captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan, the French President sends in a 6 man Special Forces team to extract her from a base in Pakistan.

What's unusual about this well made action adventure is that it's French soldiers rather than the usual gung-ho heroics of US Navy Seals. Starring Diane Kruger as the journo and the always excellent Djimon Hounsou as the Forces leader. What begins as a fairly routine action film soon becomes a fight for survival against not only the Taliban but the harsh mountainous terrain of the Pakistan / Afghan border regions.

It's director Stéphane Rybojad's only film to date which is a shame as it's a beautifully photographed piece capturing the terrifying moments of battle as well as some stunning cinematography.

Whilst Special Forces isn't going to change your world, and the second half of the film often mirrors Peter Weir's The Way Back from the previous year, it should provide a couple of hours of good entertainment. This is the second time i've watched it and i was just as gripped as the first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forces_spéciales_poster.jpg (36.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 8th June 2017, 02:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Infection 2004

At a hospital with short staff a man is brought in with a, unknown illness. A doctor makes a mistake which leads to a bad consequence.

This is part of cine Asia, fairly entertaining with a dark moody atmosphere of a struggling hospital with a mix of hallucinations and paranoia. It can be confusing in some parts of the film with a twist. If you like Asian horror this one is to watch and In the dark. 7 out of 10.
Old 8th June 2017, 03:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Infection 2004

At a hospital with short staff a man is brought in with a, unknown illness. A doctor makes a mistake which leads to a bad consequence.

This is part of cine Asia, fairly entertaining with a dark moody atmosphere of a struggling hospital with a mix of hallucinations and paranoia. It can be confusing in some parts of the film with a twist. If you like Asian horror this one is to watch and In the dark. 7 out of 10.
Thanks that my next watch , I bought this ages ago and not got round to watching it .
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 05:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Thanks that my next watch , I bought this ages ago and not got round to watching it .
Hope you do enjoy it got some other cine Asia horror movies to watch that are gathering dust:
Old 8th June 2017, 06:40 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

***1/2 out of *****

That's generous! I think in the light of Logan this comes off even worse than it did upon release.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th June 2017, 06:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I haven't seen it since taking the kids to watch it in the cinema, but I enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse, but what do I know, I watched Die Hard 4.0 and Alien: Resurrection by choice the other day
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th June 2017, 07:40 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't seen it since taking the kids to watch it in the cinema, but I enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse, but what do I know, I watched Die Hard 4.0 and Alien: Resurrection by choice the other day
Sounds to me like you know a lot Rik. Resurrection is probably my favourite of the original quadrilogy. And 4.0 is after the original, the best Die Hard.
Rik, antmumford, keirarts and 2 others like this.
Old 8th June 2017, 08:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nothing wrong with Die Hard 4.0.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!