Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2017, 11:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Attempting to watch a blade in the dark for about the 4th time this month. It's a great film & I love it, but every time I've put it on previously, eithrr chores, family or me being knackered & unable to concentrate (so have gone to bed) have stopped me, now I think I'll last the whole film as have day off!

Just curious, people on here seem to watch a phenomenal number of films (not since college/being single have I managed to marathon a tv show or watch more than two films a week if I'm lucky), I was just wondering how any members with family/full time job/lots of bills manages to do it?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12th June 2017, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Attempting to watch a blade in the dark for about the 4th time this month. It's a great film & I love it, but every time I've put it on previously, eithrr chores, family or me being knackered & unable to concentrate (so have gone to bed) have stopped me, now I think I'll last the whole film as have day off!

Just curious, people on here seem to watch a phenomenal number of films (not since college/being single have I managed to marathon a tv show or watch more than two films a week if I'm lucky), I was just wondering how any members with family/full time job/lots of bills manages to do it?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Well I can only say here that I no longer watch tv per se. But then I have no 'distractions' either ahem. Sheer force of will?? Hence my preference for double bills .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th June 2017, 12:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
At least you have already seen the film

I have never seen 'Stand By Me'. Every time I was shown on the television, and I set the video to record it, something would happen and the video would break - heads gone, motor went etc

I have now built up such a complex regarding that film, any time I now see it advertised on television, I get myself ready for a disaster to strike something electrical that I own!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th June 2017, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
At least you have already seen the film

I have never seen 'Stand By Me'. Every time I was shown on the television, and I set the video to record it, something would happen and the video would break - heads gone, motor went etc

I have now built up such a complex regarding that film, any time I now see it advertised on television, I get myself ready for a disaster to strike something electrical that I own!
Lol! Reminds me of the eight (yes eight!) times I attempted to see Hard Rain in my youth (yep, christian slater, morgan freeman, speedboats etc), twice at the cinema (projection system broke 5 mins in, then a screening was "oversold"-ie: they accidentally sold me tickets to a corporate screening & then wouldnt let me in), loads of attempts to rent either "sold out" or buggeered tapes, then same thing, blank tapes broke as I tried to tape it on tv. Finally watched it on channel 5, sadly not worth the effort, lol!
Old 12th June 2017, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A bunch of zombies, mutants come out of an airplane and start killing and infecting those in there path. Which is all just an excuse to get from one kill scene to another. Its OK but really never understood the point of the groundhog day/ Dallas ending. We have two copy's of the film with neither being brillant picture quality the arrow when when it doesn't have any damage looks great but the damage is so often its not worth watching, while the other is to soft. 6/10

Tonights viewings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download-43.jpg (14.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg download-44.jpg (15.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 12th June 2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12th June 2017, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

We have two copy's of the film with neither being brillant picture quality the arrow when when it doesn't have any damage looks great but the damage is so often its not worth watching, while the other is to soft. 6/10
Personally I prefer to watch the version with the film damage, as you say the good bits look really good, the damaged bits can be a bit annoying but it's mainly at the beginning and gets better as the films goes on
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th June 2017, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Personally I prefer to watch the version with the film damage, as you say the good bits look really good, the damaged bits can be a bit annoying but it's mainly at the beginning and gets better as the films goes on
I switched to the other version after about 10-15 minutes as the damage seemed to be constant
Old 12th June 2017, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I switched to the other version after about 10-15 minutes as the damage seemed to be constant
That's a shame, after the airport bit it gets significantly better, a few bad spots for the odd second here and there but not consistently throughout. Next time you watch it I recommend you persevere with it.

It's odd that they didn't do a composite version really.
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th June 2017, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hugo Stiglitz. That is all.

Rites Of Spring (2011, Padraig Reynolds)

I would rather sit through the honest nonsense of NC one more time than peruse another po faced modern horror film. This being one such of that genre. Starts off in serial killer territory with two women being abducted it then switches to a bunch of kidnappers who abduct a child for the usual financial reasons. Doesn't quite go where I wanted it to ... and AJ Bowen's in it. Ahem. 4/10.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th June 2017, 08:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Out of Time (2003)

*** out of *****

Die Hard (1988)

****1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Like this? Share it using the links below!