Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2017, 09:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Attempting to watch a blade in the dark for about the 4th time this month. It's a great film & I love it, but every time I've put it on previously, eithrr chores, family or me being knackered & unable to concentrate (so have gone to bed) have stopped me, now I think I'll last the whole film as have day off!

Just curious, people on here seem to watch a phenomenal number of films (not since college/being single have I managed to marathon a tv show or watch more than two films a week if I'm lucky), I was just wondering how any members with family/full time job/lots of bills manages to do it?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Its something which genuinely does frustrate me Nostalgic. When i was younger watching films was pretty much all i did. It was a nice safe world to retreat to away from the less than favourable reality. Being able to watch what i want when i want is something i miss dearly. I wouldn't change marriage and kids for anything but i do often wish the missus could appreciate how much it means to me.
Old 12th June 2017, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Attempting to watch a blade in the dark for about the 4th time this month. It's a great film & I love it, but every time I've put it on previously, eithrr chores, family or me being knackered & unable to concentrate (so have gone to bed) have stopped me, now I think I'll last the whole film as have day off!

Just curious, people on here seem to watch a phenomenal number of films (not since college/being single have I managed to marathon a tv show or watch more than two films a week if I'm lucky), I was just wondering how any members with family/full time job/lots of bills manages to do it?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I don't have my own family but got a Mrs and she is hard work lol and got bills to pay, I do night security in a building and some nights are quieter than others, thats how I watch a lot of movies. Respect to others with families hats off to you.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy II: The Golden Army from 2008.

I would describe it as a comedic fantasy film (rather than a comedic superhero film). Is a very enjoyable movie that has outstanding make-up and practical effects, and also only uses cgi when seemingly absolutely necessary.

Actors are on top-form throughout and the story and script are well-written, I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't already seen it. Both this and the original film are well above par for comic book adaptions. Film score - 8.5/10.

btw Is a great shame that the franchise is apparently being rebooted instead of Hellboy III getting the green light.
Old 13th June 2017, 08:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I might be in the minority but I prefer Hellboy II over the first film! I love both mind you, I could watch Guillermo del Toro films all day long. Even Pacific Rim...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th June 2017, 08:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I might be in the minority but I prefer Hellboy II over the first film! I love both mind you, I could watch Guillermo del Toro films all day long. Even Pacific Rim...
i liked pacific it was a lot better kaiju film than Godzilla was, maybe not his best work but there always entertaining
Old 13th June 2017, 08:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
i'm the same except for one detail, david hyde pierce as abe
Old 13th June 2017, 08:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
i'm the same except for one detail, david hyde pierce as abe
all the times i have seen them and i never knew it was him.
Old 13th June 2017, 08:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

I was thinking of going to see The Mummy today, but changed my mind, not least because of all the bad reviews. Instead I went to the video shop and rented a bunch of flicks, including Logan. Logan - aka Wolverine - is ekeing out a meagre existence as a chauffeur in 2029, trying to look after an ailing Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart) in a world where mutants are dying out. Trying to stay under the radar, Logan instead finds himself becoming an initially reluctant bodyguard to a young girl being hunted by powerful forces and who has some very familiar powers... Hugh Jackman's stint as Wolverine comes to an end in this 2017 superhero flick that is darker than the norm - and certainly earns its R rating with the bloodletting. Pretty good, if a bit overrated and about half an hour too long.
Old 13th June 2017, 12:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I honestly find it difficult to choose a favourite out of the 2 Hellboy films. I think both movies are excellent. Having said that, I might give the edge to the second film as I find the Johann Krauss and Hellboy interplay hilarious.

Must admit that I wasn't very fond of Pacific Rim - ended up selling it off. Have seen all his films but must confess that the only del Toro films I like enough to keep a physical blu-ray copy of, are Mimic, Blade 2, Pan's Labyrinth, and Hellboy 1 and 2. Still...five films ain't so bad.
Old 13th June 2017, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I honestly find it difficult to choose a favourite out of the 2 Hellboy films. I think both movies are excellent. Having said that, I might give the edge to the second film as I find the Johann Krauss and Hellboy interplay hilarious.

Must admit that I wasn't very fond of Pacific Rim - ended up selling it off. Have seen all his films but must confess that the only del Toro films I like enough to keep a physical blu-ray copy of, are Mimic, Blade 2, Pan's Labyrinth, and Hellboy 1 and 2. Still...five films ain't so bad.
Even The Devil's Backbone? I personally think that's his best film.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!