All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179628Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2017, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Fair enough Rik, let's go with that! Much better comparison. The Taken films. I've just watched the first kill count video for John Wick. I'm still not seeing all that much violence. Keanu Reeves shoots lots of people. So what? The Bond comparison was just in terms of violence. To me violence isn't a bloke running round gunning down baddies. It's the guy in Kill List taking a claw hammer to a perverts knee. It's Mr Blonde cutting a cops ear off while dancing to Stealers Wheel. It's Mads Mickelson whipping Daniel Craig's bollocks.
We can test what is more violent as I happen to own a hammer and a gun and I am guessing you have two knees to try them on.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 8th September 2017, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This I definitely recommend to those drawn to grot here. (IBYT)

My tuppence ....
John Wick reminded me most of a HK actioner. Hyperkineticism etc. Just saying ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
This I definitely recommend to those drawn to grot here. (IBYT)

My tuppence ....
John Wick reminded me most of a HK actioner. Hyperkineticism etc. Just saying ....
It does have that feel. My 10 year old boy had the same look on his face when we watched JW as when we watched Hard Boiled...shock and awe.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 8th September 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kudos! I applaud thy parenting skills

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2017, 10:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Kudos! I applaud thy parenting skills
Haha! To be honest, violent action films are a safer beat for kids than most 12 cert films that are aimed at preteens as they all seem to be high school films about sex. We also have a pillow policy in place in which the kids will have to cover there faces if things become too adult whilst I fast forward. The rape scene in Mad Max 2 being the last time the policy was used. I tend to prewatch most 15 and 18 cert films before letting the kids see them and keep an eye on the DVD counter for rudeness to avoid social services kicking down my door!
Old 8th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Haha! To be honest, violent action films are a safer beat for kids than most 12 cert films that are aimed at preteens as they all seem to be high school films about sex. We also have a pillow policy in place in which the kids will have to cover there faces if things become too adult whilst I fast forward. The rape scene in Mad Max 2 being the last time the policy was used. I tend to prewatch most 15 and 18 cert films before letting the kids see them and keep an eye on the DVD counter for rudeness to avoid social services kicking down my door!
Sounds like there's a big difference between your pillow policy and the inspector's cushion policy.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The bigger the cushion ... the sweeter the pushin' ???

[B]
Old 8th September 2017, 10:55 PM
Cult Addict

Night terrors.

A film that feels like Tobe Hooper was aiming to make the sort of horror Ken Russel might turn out and coming sort of close in places. The film has Robert Englund, really on form here, as the Marquis De Sade and one of his descendent's. The central character is the young daughter of an Archaeologist and fundamentalist christian working in Alexandria unearthing the temple of Gnostic Christians. Our young heroin has a fling with a local bedouin then finds herself getting deeper in with a libertine cult that seems in some way connected to the Gnostics. While overall the film doesn't quite hold together, its has some genuinely trippy visuals that wouldn't feel out of place in lair of the white worm and a strange almost dreamlike atmosphere to it. Plus there's a nasty undercurrent that seems to permeate the whole film that's somewhat in keeping with De sade. Overall its better than I remember it being.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I get that. Some of the crudest things ... and I watch Water Power for fun
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

[B]
Old 8th September 2017, 11:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Night terrors.

A film that feels like Tobe Hooper was aiming to make the sort of horror Ken Russel might turn out and coming sort of close in places. The film has Robert Englund, really on form here, as the Marquis De Sade and one of his descendent's. The central character is the young daughter of an Archaeologist and fundamentalist christian working in Alexandria unearthing the temple of Gnostic Christians. Our young heroin has a fling with a local bedouin then finds herself getting deeper in with a libertine cult that seems in some way connected to the Gnostics. While overall the film doesn't quite hold together, its has some genuinely trippy visuals that wouldn't feel out of place in lair of the white worm and a strange almost dreamlike atmosphere to it. Plus there's a nasty undercurrent that seems to permeate the whole film that's somewhat in keeping with De sade. Overall its better than I remember it being.
I've not seen this, is there a decent release?

Like this? Share it using the links below!