XTRO Last time I saw this was when it first came out on Beta
Same here!
Old 15th September 2017, 11:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

American Assassin (2017)

Pretty entertaining.

*** out of *****

keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 15th September 2017, 12:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I had the same problem with 'The Silence Of The Lambs'. I saw it at the cinema when it was first released, and left feeling distinctly underwhelmed because it wasn't as good as I had been led to believe
I do like Silence of the Lambs although I do still think Manhunter is superior. When I saw SOTL at the cinema, I made myself quite unpopular by laughing out loud at a certain moment. When the killer is all made up and prancing around to the Goodbye Horses track, a friend said "Look, it's David Lee Roth" and it really tickled my funny bone.
Rik, keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 15th September 2017, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dinner (2017, Oren Moverman)

US take on a European novel. When two rich scum commit a heinous crime and it ends up online, their parents (estranged brothers) try and find a way out of this 'little problem' whilst enjoying a very poncy meal in an exclusive restaurant.
It all depends really. A parent's view might wildly vary from my own. The real challenge for me was to be able to accept Richard Gere and Steve Coogan as siblings .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2017, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A Dangerous Place

Fun rip off of the original Karate Kid with added murder, juvenile crime and Corey Fieldman as the head baddie of Scorpion dojo. Oh, and a ghost helps solve his own murder and for that alone, highly recommended.
Old 15th September 2017, 08:56 PM
Cult Addict

Bullies

Mid 80s hillbilly revenge drama as city folk take on the local shitkickers in some godforsaken mountains. This moves along at a swift pace with more than a nod to Straw Dogs as it travels to its wham bam conclusion of guns, petrol bombs and flying glass. It even has a wise old native American in it who likes the Marx Brothers and for that alone, highly recommended.
Old 15th September 2017, 09:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Bullies

Mid 80s hillbilly revenge drama as city folk take on the local shitkickers in some godforsaken mountains. This moves along at a swift pace with more than a nod to Straw Dogs as it travels to its wham bam conclusion of guns, petrol bombs and flying glass. It even has a wise old native American in it who likes the Marx Brothers and for that alone, highly recommended.
Remember the trailer. Noted!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2017, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Rawhide (1951)

Classic western adventure about a way station taken over by a band of outlaws as they wait for a gold shipment to pass by.

Starring Tyrone Power (Someone i've heard of but never seen in a film before - what a name - Tyrone Power) and Susan Hayward as a couple held hostage along with their child by Hugh Marlowe as the terribly well spoken ring leader and Dean (X-The Unknown) Jagger and a madly unhinged Jack Elam as his cohorts, Rawhide is a tense affair with some surprisingly brutal sequences such as Elam shooting at the young child and him also strangling Hayward with the veins popping out of his arms as he does it.

The film is pacy and director Henry Hathaway keeps things interesting throughout despite it largely having a cast of six, with gripping games of cat and mouse as Power and Hayward attempt to escape.

The dvd from Signal One Entertainment is part of the Hollywood Classics range that seems to have been spread around several distributing companies. The print positively sparkles and is housed on an extras laden disc.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RawhideFren.jpg (81.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 15th September 2017, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted D! Isn't Tyrone the father of Romina Power from Franco's Justine (1969)?

The Hunting Party (1971, Don Medford)
Oliver Reed steals Gene Hackman's wife in order for her to teach him to read. About as insane a 'western' as Warlock ... this has to be seen, allowing for the period it is a film with a nasty tone right from the shocking opening montage, as Hackman swears bloody revenge and how. Post Peckinpah is the best way to describe these shenanigans.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!