Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179699Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2010, 08:29 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Casshern is an odd film, it's a propper live action anime, and i found it a bit of chore to watch...
I tend to agree. It's hard work. Looks lovely but at 2.5 hours is uphill.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just fin watching lovely bones by peter jackson,
Im not sure what it was but i realy just didnt get into the film,
There was a few upbeat scenes that i think didnt realy fit into the film for what type of film it was meant to be....and the whole dream / psychadelic parts of her being trapped in the in between where a bit ott and off putting, i found it realy slow and dull and boring in parts as well.. i realy think peter jackson could have done a whole lot better to, imo its his most feable film a let down for me

Last edited by gag; 6th April 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
after watching Terminator Salvation the other night i decided to go back to the begining and watch The Terminator.
Still my favourite of the series.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:20 AM
Active Cultist

It's easily the best of the series, the first. I like T2 but never really enjoyed the basic naffness of the T-800 Arnie returning to be a good guy. ('I cannot be bad buy, I will be running for President soon') The fact they still made an enjoyable and mindblowing mainstream blockbuster movie is a credit to them, but you can't beat the 'he absolutely will not stop' terror of the first.

I watched WILD ZERO this evening. Rock and Roll.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:54 AM
Cult Rookie

Default recently watched

ive recently just een catching up on some more modern films legion for instance 4 stars also the road but only if your curious about it zombieland and S.O.T.D self explanitarythen there was nine dead like saw but with no traps but still very entertaining
Old 7th April 2010, 02:15 AM
Cult Rookie

Default dusk till dawn

i managed to get my hands on all of the frm dusk till dawn films and cant wait to watch some gory vamp killing i also just watched defendor the new woody harrolson flick v.v funny
ps did anyone think that the crazies remake was just a scene for scene copy or was it just my old eyes playing tricks
Old 7th April 2010, 02:28 AM
Ex-member

Default 'What films have you seen recently?'‏

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
It's easily the best of the series, the first. I like T2 but never really enjoyed the basic naffness of the T-800 Arnie returning to be a good guy. ('I cannot be bad buy, I will be running for President soon') The fact they still made an enjoyable and mindblowing mainstream blockbuster movie is a credit to them, but you can't beat the 'he absolutely will not stop' terror of the first.

I watched WILD ZERO this evening. Rock and Roll.
THE TERMINATOR is a great low budget sci-fi, but TERMINATOR 2 is by far the best film for me. It's one of my all time faves

As regards to T3 and the crap TERMINATOR SALVATION, the franchise is dead
as far as I'm concerned
Old 7th April 2010, 08:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bad blood(hk)
Old 7th April 2010, 10:10 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Couldn't stand it. Thought is was an overblown, wooden CGI fest, also I thought Sam Worthington was a terrible actor. Bale (who was the film's only redeeming feature imo) wasn't even that good in it. A very messy and pointless film overall.

I preferred T3 (with the exception of that whiny c*nt Nick Stahl who plays Connor, and the shitty in-jokes - when Arnie trys on the 'fruity' glasses a la T2 etc.), but only thought that was average.

Each to their own though Pedro!
I would rather have had Nick Stahl in T4 tbh.I can't really stand Bale.Pretencious,arrogant and with only one acting style......SHOUTING!.And what's with all that rubbish about giving interviews using the same accent as his characters so as not to confuse people? Get over yourself Bale!
Old 7th April 2010, 10:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I would rather have had Nick Stahl in T4 tbh.I can't really stand Bale.Pretencious,arrogant and with only one acting style......SHOUTING!.And what's with all that rubbish about giving interviews using the same accent as his characters so as not to confuse people? Get over yourself Bale!
I've never been a fan of Bale either, he's a bit OTT. For that reason I always preferred Kilmer's Batman to Bale's.

At least Val Kilmer admits he only got into acting for money and women

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!