All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2018, 06:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 203214

Popped up on Netflix a couple of days ago just about to press play wish me luck ill be back in 90 minutes or 30 if its bad
It's a dreadful piece of s**t.
Rik and Demoncrat like this.
Old 11th April 2018, 07:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Black Sunday (1960)

A masterpiece of Gothic visual style and atmosphere.

****1/2 out of *****

Alien vs. Predator (2004)

Unrated version.

This was my first viewing since it was first released on DVD. I didn't like it much back then, but I think I was a bit harsh on it. I enjoyed it a tad more this time, as it's actually pretty good monsters vs. monsters fun.

*** out of *****

Extremities (1986)

An obscure, very good, home invasion/rape-revenge thriller adapted from an off-Broadway stage play of the same name. Farrah Fawcett is great in it. She takes over a role originated by Susan Sarandon in the play, and received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. The underrated character actor James Russo is equally fantastic, and terrifyingly convincing as the invading rapist who Fawcett turns the tables on, and eventually he succumbs to her reversal of power, showing what a truly pathetic specimen he really is. As it’s a stage adaptation, and has a home invasion premise, most of the story takes place in the house that Farrah Fawcett's character shares with two girlfriends. Both of whom have to decide with Fawcett in a heated argument what to do with the attacker. The film lacks visual flair due to its off-Broadway roots, but is dramatically intense.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Russo played the role in the original stage play as well.

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 11th April 2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11th April 2018, 10:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Has anyone watched the Baywatch movie?
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It definitely didn't take itself seriously and was clearly aware of the fact that it was a reboot of a cheesy TV show. 'The Rock' and Zac Efron had good chemistry bouncing jokes off of each other, the girls were all really good as well, and finally the ultra slow-mo action sequences were exciting and tense! However, some of the comedy was a bit naff and relied a lot on dick jokes. It's not a fantastic movie by anyone's standards but it's worth a watch for sure, I wasn't bored!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th April 2018, 11:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A silly film indeed J.

Metropolitan (1990, Whit Stillman)

About as rarified as watching any documentary on some tribe in a far away land. Whilst I find some of this harder to watch than Mordum, it is fascinating to watch these embryonic pseuds verbally joust with each other. Shit does not in any shape or form blow up

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2018, 11:10 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Metropolitan (1990, Whit Stillman)

About as rarified as watching any documentary on some tribe in a far away land. Whilst I find some of this harder to watch than Mordum, it is fascinating to watch these embryonic pseuds verbally joust with each other. Shit does not in any shape or form blow up
Not seen this one for a LONG time, I remember liking it, but I think The Last Days of Disco was just a bit better!
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 11th April 2018, 11:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

While I have it mind, have never seen his Barcelona ... I may try and rectify this ...or not . TLDOD I have somewhere in the house .... I think?
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2018, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
While I have it mind, have never seen his Barcelona ... I may try and rectify this ...or not . TLDOD I have somewhere in the house .... I think?
Chloƫ Sevigny and Kate Beckinsale though
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Old 11th April 2018, 11:24 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Has anyone watched the Baywatch movie?
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It definitely didn't take itself seriously and was clearly aware of the fact that it was a reboot of a cheesy TV show. 'The Rock' and Zac Efron had good chemistry bouncing jokes off of each other, the girls were all really good as well, and finally the ultra slow-mo action sequences were exciting and tense! However, some of the comedy was a bit naff and relied a lot on dick jokes. It's not a fantastic movie by anyone's standards but it's worth a watch for sure, I wasn't bored!
I watched it on New Years Eve.

Loved it.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 11th April 2018, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fair enough

I will certainly listen to the comm (which is why I bought it anyhow) as it should be interesting whatever he focuses on.

Detective Harrigan (2013, Vince Woods)

It felt more like a pilot episode for a TV series. Am undecided if it was just tripe, or uninspired tripe ("based on real events" .... this will teach me ). As much as I love British films, like Fanny & Elvis some films are less equal than others ....

[B]
Old 11th April 2018, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Original Death wish

What exactly was all the fuss about ?

Yeh I'm aware it was the rape scene but let's be honest there was a shed load of films out in that era eg Last house on left and and few towards back end of the 80s like I spit on your grave and house on edge of the park even in their cut form probably had worse scenes than death wish..
I've seen clips and bits of it before but never fully watched it right through from beginning to end .

Like this? Share it using the links below!