Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2018, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Mom and Dad. A strange phenomenon sweeps the US, causing parents to murderously turn on their own children. Nicolas Cage and Selma Blair star in this darkly comic horror movie that has some nice conceits and moments, but is ultimately unremarkable.
Old 7th June 2018, 08:20 PM
Cult Addict

Event Horizon
A ship reappears in Neptune after going missing for 7 years, so a rescue team and the ships creator head to investigate and find no life on it. What happens afterwards is a descent into madness.
This is one I've been meaning to see for years, especially since I played dead space years ago. Now that I've seen it, I'm kinda annoyed I played dead space because you can the influence it had. Despite that, it was a great watch. Kinda starts of slow but gets more ****ed up as it trods along.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 7th June 2018, 08:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Guardians Vol 2 at weekend and really wasn't impressed. The whole Kurt Russell plotline bored the pants off me in fact just a few days later and i can't even remember what it was about. However the film was saved from being a bomb in my eyes due to terrific turns from Dave Bautista as Drax, Michael Rooker as Yondu and Karen Gillan as Nebula. Their interaction just about made it worth watching.

As for 6/10 for Dracula? That was a truly dire film. I almost turned it off which is something i never do.
As i recall you didn't like the first GotG either Dem? I love them both and also really enjoyed Dracula Untold.
Horses, Courses, and all that
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
As i recall you didn't like the first GotG either Dem? I love them both and also really enjoyed Dracula Untold.
Horses, Courses, and all that
Nope. A mono syllabic twig and a talking rat do not make for a good film.
Old 8th June 2018, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blue Sunshine (1977)

After a series of seemingly unrelated murders, where the culprits all lose their hair before going insane and murdering, an investigation begins. It appears that the only link between the killings is a batch of LSD all of the killers took called Blue Sunshine.

Quite surreal and slow moving, Blue Sunshine is quite hard to describe. It's more of a detective drama, with horror elements. it's not that violent. It's very 1970's and I think it could be quite a polarising film. I rather enjoyed it. The acting is good, the story is always interesting and I liked the slow pacing of it. 7/10
Old 8th June 2018, 11:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

tomb-raider-poster-alicia-vikander.jpg

Better than I thought it would be. A good adventure.
Vikander comes across as a likable Lara, I thought I may have a problem after the Angelina movies but she fits the Lara character okay.
No gun play for Lara (yet) as she prefers the bow and arrow.
Lots of traps and stuff collapsing about the place and our heroine does look all the worse for wear after all the s**t going on.
So, not too bad a start for the new Lara but I wonder if this she will get any more adventures.
Old 9th June 2018, 11:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Dam Busters (1955)

Classic British war film depicting the true life events of Operation Chastise when in 1943 the RAF's 617 Squadron attacked the Möhne, Eder, and Sorpe dams in Nazi Germany with Barnes Wallis's bouncing bomb.

Brilliantly shot and wonderfully acted, The Dam Busters is a gripping film from start to finish. The new 4k restoration looks and sounds fantastic. You can tell the difference between the two dvd versions i have. Sharper and more detailed of picture and a crisp and clear soundtrack which makes that classic theme wonderfully resonating.

Eight Lancaster bomber crews were lost during the raid, yet today, snowflakes get more upset about the name of the bloody dog. Pathetic!

Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dam-busters-poster.jpg (98.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 9th June 2018, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The Dam Busters (1955)

Classic British war film depicting the true life events of Operation Chastise when in 1943 the RAF's 617 Squadron attacked the Möhne, Eder, and Sorpe dams in Nazi Germany with Barnes Wallis's bouncing bomb.

Brilliantly shot and wonderfully acted, The Dam Busters is a gripping film from start to finish. The new 4k restoration looks and sounds fantastic. You can tell the difference between the two dvd versions i have. Sharper and more detailed of picture and a crisp and clear soundtrack which makes that classic theme wonderfully resonating.

Eight Lancaster bomber crews were lost during the raid, yet today, snowflakes get more upset about the name of the bloody dog. Pathetic!

Highly recommended.
Today milleniums \ snowflakes or anything else you want to call them get offended by absolutely just about anything and everything to the extent it becomes laughable and a joke.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Enigma Rosso (1978).

The final film in the 'schoolgirls in peril' trilogy. Although, unlike the first two that were directed by Massimo Dallamano, this was directed by Alberto Negrin.
The ever reliable Fabio Testi, plays Inpector Gianni Di Salvo, who is investigating the murder of a teenage girl found dead in the river wrapped in plastic. His investigations lead him to a girls boarding school, were the dead girl, Angela Russo, was a member of group called The Inseperables.

Although, not as accomplished as the first two films in the trilogy, it is nevertheless an enjoyable and entertaining giallo with enough sleaze and suspense for genre lovers.
Well recommended. 7/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 816EM1rh+BL._SX342_.jpg (34.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 10th June 2018, 11:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The Dam Busters (1955)

Highly recommended.
Just started watching and there is even a blood disclaimer at the beginning for the bloody snowflakes, I'm surprised with political correctness running amok it wasn't dubbed out!

Like this? Share it using the links below!