Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2020, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Plus it just makes the hair on the back of my neck rise. My critieria for all good music cough.
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2020, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Because the film he reviewed was about a man on a mission
I never put two and two together. I think i was in shock at the thought that Demoncrat might actually like Gamma Ray.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 11th April 2020, 11:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

There are many houses in my mansion D.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th April 2020, 10:28 AM
Cult Veteran

Save yourself 95 minutes and don't watch Vivarium (2020) a tedious tale of a couple 'trapped' in a new housing estate where all of the roads and houses look exactly the same. Nonsense sci-fi head scratcher starring Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg.

There are a couple of stand-out scenes but the rest was as bland as the set design...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th April 2020, 04:06 PM
Cult Master

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Stories of a monster sinking ships around the south seas have every sailor terrified and turning down jobs. The US government organise a ship to go and investigate if this so called monster is just a drunken story or is there some truth to it. Prof Pierre Aronnax his apprentice Conseil are taken on board to give their insight in to the monster with the promise that they will be dropped off in Singapore at the end of the voyage. When the monster attacks their ship and sinks it the Professor and his apprentice along with Ned Land are the only survivors and they get up close and personal with the monster but all is not what it seems.

Brilliant old school adventure film with plenty of great actors and larger than life characters. The Professor is all about learning for the advancement of humanity and advances in science his apprentice is constantly a nervous wreck but he is a loyal friendly character who just wants to look out for his friends Ned Land is a man of action he wants treasure booze and women he is no stranger to a fist fight but he is always loyal and cares very much for his fellow man. Captain Nemo is a hard one to figure out he doesn't trust humanity but when you think he has good intentions his next move makes him look like a crazed lunatic who doesn't care for anyone only himself.

The sets of this film look fantastic especially all the underwater scenes the first underwater scene with the funeral service was pretty haunting when you think of all the people who have died at sea and never got a proper burial. After that the standout has to be the battle with the giant squid very exciting stuff. Looking at the shape Kirk Douglas was in compared to everyone else in the film he could of taken on that giant squid in hand to hand combat and won easily.

Well acted beautifully shot exciting old school adventure film a really great time.

8/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31580889653_fbf930f1c5_b.jpg (110.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 12th April 2020, 04:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Perfect Catch (2005)

Known as Fever Pitch in the US and Canada as it was based on the Nick Hornby 1992 novel.

A film that proves you can go from laughter to tears in the space of 45 minutes,

I pissed my sides when Drew Barrymore was smacked in the head by ball at Fenway Park - pure Farrelly bros brilliance - then shed a tear at the end as she raced across the field to Jimmy Fallon.

Oh and wasn't Drew Barrymore pure perfection back in the 00's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71tstdzjAlL._AC_SY445_.jpg (28.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 12th April 2020, 05:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Perfect Catch (2005)

Known as Fever Pitch in the US and Canada as it was based on the Nick Hornby 1992 novel.
Although I haven't seen it, I thought it was a remake of the 1997 adaptation of Hornby's book, with that film being a fictional narrative which is different to his memoir.

It sounds like something I'd enjoy, anyway.
Old 12th April 2020, 05:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Carry On Doctor. 1967.

an assortment of patients rebel against Doctor Tinkle and head Matron when young popular doctor Kilmore resigns when he is caught with a young nurse in a compromising position.

the usual carry on team return and within the confines of the hospital where the patients try to outsmart the doctors and nurses, the jokes come quick and the one liners, with sexual innuendos, even Frankie Howerd sees the daffodils and panics as well as imitating the laughter's of the cast. Laughter is the best medicine.
Old 12th April 2020, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Although I haven't seen it, I thought it was a remake of the 1997 adaptation of Hornby's book, with that film being a fictional narrative which is different to his memoir.

It sounds like something I'd enjoy, anyway.
It replaces a love of Arsenal for the Red Sox. Interestingly they had to re-shoot the end of the film.

I'm sure you know this already. Boston were 3-0 down to the Yankees in the final series but ended up winning the next four games which was extremely unlikely so they had to re-shoot as the film makers presumed the Yankees would end up winning. Boston hadn't won the World Series for 86 years and this film sort of became a celebration of that momentous win. They even showed the film on huge screens at Fenway Park afterwards. Might have been it's premiere.

I enjoyed it as much for being a sports movie and a Red Sox love in as a rom-com.

I haven't read Fever Pitch. The finale just isn't my thing haha. But both this and the UK film are spawned from that memoir.
Old 12th April 2020, 05:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Has anyone seen Mean Girls 2?

Does it come even remotely close to the classic original?
Mabuse likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!