Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179628Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Scream Dream (1989, Donald Farmer)

More metal palaver with this one. A rock singer is fired for being "too Satanic", so she possesses the soul of her replacement ... what's a girl to do otherwise???
Not that involving tbh, though the manager character had some great lines. The title song is stuck in my head now.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 18

The Incredible Melting Man (1977)

A sci-fi / horror film that plays out in a fun if formulaic slasher style even if the story of an astronaut who returns to Earth with decomposing flesh and a taste for human meat is more like a classic fifties B-picture in the vein of 1959's First Man Into Space.

The star of the show is special effects maestro Rick Baker. His work is magnificently gory as the astronaut's face gradually melts throughout the film. The make up is gloriously gloopy and thankfully the slimy putrefying FX are there for all to enjoy. Quite stunning really.

Prior to my mid December viewing of the Arrow dual format release i'd never seen this before. I was missing out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MeltingMan.jpg (66.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Incredible Melting Man (1977)

A sci-fi / horror film that plays out in a fun if formulaic slasher style even if the story of an astronaut who returns to Earth with decomposing flesh and a taste for human meat is more like a classic fifties B-picture in the vein of 1959's First Man Into Space.

The star of the show is special effects maestro Rick Baker. His work is magnificently gory as the astronaut's face gradually melts throughout the film. The make up is gloriously gloopy and thankfully the slimy putrefying FX are there for all to enjoy. Quite stunning really.

Prior to my mid December viewing of the Arrow dual format release i'd never seen this before. I was missing out!
Seen it a few times great trash movie .
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The comm is very revealing D. Glad you liked it!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd January 2021, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 24

Ready or Not (2019)

Finally a modern horror that actually lived up to it's hype.

Playing out like an updated version of Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity (Or The Most Dangerous Game for non-schlock fans) this was a hell of a lot of fun and very easy to watch.

Sure this has a fair bit to say on social standing, blah, blah, blah, but late on Christmas Eve all i wanted was a movie that was fast paced, gory and witty. And that was what i got.

This is one that'll definitely get revisited.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ready_or_Not_2019_film_poster.jpg (26.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:18 PM
Cult Addict

The past few days viewing
Screenshot_20210102-191746.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes1.jpg
THE ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (1939)

Second outing for Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes.
This time, Holmes is up against Professor Moriarity who plans to steal the crown jewels. The scene where Ida Lupino is chased through the woods by a figure with a club foot is quite creepy.
This movie was to be the last released by 20th Century Fox and Universal took up the reigns.
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Savage Vengeance (1992, Donald Farmer)

ISOYG knock off starring .... Camille Keaton! Ahem. Farmer is in this one playing a real sweetheart just in case you were desperate to know
Two students fall foul of some locals when they venture into the great outdoors in search of some "us time". I could take it a tad more seriously if the main shitheel didn't resemble a partially melted Conway Twitty tbh. On the plus side, there is the ST, which lurches from malnournished "doom" to lounge muzak to shriekingly atonal noise.
I should expect nowt less/else from the man who brought us Shark Exorcist and Cannibal Hookers (currently filming the remake is he!! )
Ahem. The ending is a lot of fun, what with the ragged editing adding to the chaos.

[B]
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ready or Not (2019)

Finally a modern horror that actually lived up to it's hype.

Playing out like an updated version of Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity (Or The Most Dangerous Game for non-schlock fans) this was a hell of a lot of fun and very easy to watch.

Sure this has a fair bit to say on social standing, blah, blah, blah, but late on Christmas Eve all i wanted was a movie that was fast paced, gory and witty. And that was what i got.

This is one that'll definitely get revisited.
I'm pleased you enjoyed it, Dem. I saw it at the cinema and thought it was great entertainment. I bought the Blu-ray last July and it's still on my 'to watch' pile!
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm pleased you enjoyed it, Dem. I saw it at the cinema and thought it was great entertainment. I bought the Blu-ray last July and it's still on my 'to watch' pile!
That ending was totally bonkers.
Demoncrat and iank like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!