LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2021, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Hot T-shirts (1980, Chuck Vincent)

A Cannon film. Keep this in mind.
I wonder though if David Lynch had seen this ... flick, as he cast the lead in a similar role in Twin Peaks
I digress.
A down at heel bar owner finds an unique solution to his woes.
It's a movie of its time certainly
Yet again, it looks like reality, but it's not quite .... there ... in that lovely skewed, well basically Cannon way
Ahem. I think it was meant to be a "zany comedy" ... you decide
Jacques Renault?? I'm kind of intrigued now lol...
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th August 2021, 03:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It (2017)

A film which adds nothing in my opinion to the original 80's tv movie it even fails in the exact same ways.

The parts with the kids are excellent, Stephen King has always been terrific at vividly painting kids using the written word but this falls down with Pennywise the scary clown. Mainly because he isn't in the least bit scary so whilst we have some great Stand By Me moments, as a horror film It fails to ignite.

I think i'll watch part II tonight to get it over with.
Old 11th August 2021, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran

Part 2 is OK, but as it's the worst part of the story (the adults return to Derry) you get more boring stuff like the Chinese restaurant and the endless talking. There are some good bits though like when Beverley goes back to her childhood home. The flashback scenes with the kids are also good in part 2 but it would have been so much better if it had all of the Henry Bowers stuff from the book was in it, although one particular scene I can understand why they left it out lol...

One of those times when the book is miles better!
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 11th August 2021, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Part 2 is OK, but as it's the worst part of the story (the adults return to Derry) you get more boring stuff like the Chinese restaurant and the endless talking. There are some good bits though like when Beverley goes back to her childhood home. The flashback scenes with the kids are also good in part 2 but it would have been so much better if it had all of the Henry Bowers stuff from the book was in it, although one particular scene I can understand why they left it out lol...

I agree with you Justin but way over the top with CGI was a let down for me.
Old 11th August 2021, 04:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

What's missing from the book, Justin?

Bowers is scarier than the clown.
Old 11th August 2021, 04:23 PM
Cult Veteran

There is a bit where Henry discovers what Patrick has been keeping in his fridge (the dead animals) and Patrick makes a move on Henry and starts touching him (private bits) and henry goes along with it for a while then beats Patrick, all of this happens while Beverly is watching from a bit away.

I think the death of his father is a bit truncated as well, I remember it being more a prolonged bullying by his dad throughout the book.

Old 11th August 2021, 04:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There is a bit where Henry discovers what Patrick has been keeping in his fridge (the dead animals) and Patrick makes a move on Henry and starts touching him (private bits) and henry goes along with it for a while then beats Patrick, all of this happens while Beverly is watching from a bit away.

I think the death of his father is a bit truncated as well, I remember it being more a prolonged bullying by his dad throughout the book.
I don't remember that at all. Must be thirty years since i read the book though.

On a side note.

Has anyone bought King's new novel? And if you have have you started reading it? Any good?
Old 11th August 2021, 04:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Not yet, there was one that came out last week which seems like a crime novel, then he had one of his hard boiled detective ones earlier in the year, not read either! Not been very good with books this year to be honest. Got more time on my hands these days though.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 11th August 2021, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Jacques Renault?? I'm kind of intrigued now lol...
It's an odd one. I won't go totally into it but you would not get away with it now, if only for the fact that high schoolers get involved ahem. Lunacy as only the GoGo Boys know how.
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th August 2021, 04:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not yet, there was one that came out last week which seems like a crime novel, then he had one of his hard boiled detective ones earlier in the year, not read either! Not been very good with books this year to be honest. Got more time on my hands these days though.
I know what you mean regarding lack of reading. I'm the same.

Like this? Share it using the links below!