Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2021, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I'll start one Friday unless someone finds me or beats me to it.
Yeah, start one. I'm a location freak and have been to many in and around London and the coast. Lots of Hammer locations.

Black-Widow-2021-Original-Cinema-Quad-Poster-40x30.jpg
BLACK WIDOW

Well, I thought that was good. It's your usual Marvel affair with lots of CGI mayhem but I had no problem with it at all. I enjoyed it.
The negative reviews never put me off, as I don't listen to them anyway and I'm glad I saw it at the cinema.
Old 11th August 2021, 06:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

blogger-image--55918366.jpg

A man on the brink of a mental breakdown just cannot take it any more and he brutally murders the old couple he lives with. When the Sheriff arrives after a small chase and a bit of an ass whooping manages to get him in cuffs. The killer manages to escape and starts taking out a few cops but his second spree of the day is cut short by a few slugs to the chest. In the hospital he is pronounced dead but behind closed doors two doctor have used an experimental drug they have been working on to bring him back to life but the side effects give him super human powers healing. Soon his is back on a killing spree and only one man can stop him Chuck F***in Norris and his action jeans.

Chuck Norris not only is kick ass in this but he just has such a cool i dont give a f*** attitude he knows what he wants and how to get it when it comes to women and his ability to smash your face in if you cross him. This whole film is an amazing advertisement for Chuck Norris very own action jean because i have never seen anyone get their leg that high in jeans that tight but with action jean you could kiss your own gooch .

Silent rage is a great film plenty of action and the deputy was a really funny likable character without making him cheesy or just coming across like a complete dumb ass. There is a brilliant bar brawl between Chuck and a biker gang that starts with tits and ends with someone going through the bar window on a motorcycle just how all good bar brawls start and finish

My only complaint has to be the amount of time Chuck is naked or half naked and having sex its like any opportunity to take his top off and get some hot lovin

8/10
Old 11th August 2021, 08:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yeah, start one. I'm a location freak and have been to many in and around London and the coast. Lots of Hammer locations.
I can't say I've been to any intentionally. Quite likely strolling around the few times I've been in London or New York I may well have without really planning or thinking about it. Taking the family out on a daytrip Friday though and I realised we're only going to 15 mins from a location from one of my favourite horrors.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dave Boy and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th August 2021, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 235293

A man on the brink of a mental breakdown just cannot take it any more and he brutally murders the old couple he lives with. When the Sheriff arrives after a small chase and a bit of an ass whooping manages to get him in cuffs. The killer manages to escape and starts taking out a few cops but his second spree of the day is cut short by a few slugs to the chest. In the hospital he is pronounced dead but behind closed doors two doctor have used an experimental drug they have been working on to bring him back to life but the side effects give him super human powers healing. Soon his is back on a killing spree and only one man can stop him Chuck F***in Norris and his action jeans.

Chuck Norris not only is kick ass in this but he just has such a cool i dont give a f*** attitude he knows what he wants and how to get it when it comes to women and his ability to smash your face in if you cross him. This whole film is an amazing advertisement for Chuck Norris very own action jean because i have never seen anyone get their leg that high in jeans that tight but with action jean you could kiss your own gooch .

Silent rage is a great film plenty of action and the deputy was a really funny likable character without making him cheesy or just coming across like a complete dumb ass. There is a brilliant bar brawl between Chuck and a biker gang that starts with tits and ends with someone going through the bar window on a motorcycle just how all good bar brawls start and finish

My only complaint has to be the amount of time Chuck is naked or half naked and having sex its like any opportunity to take his top off and get some hot lovin

8/10
Despite Chuck being the meanest, hardest mutha around, i've heard he checks under his bed at night in case Clint Eastwood is there.
Old 11th August 2021, 10:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Despite Chuck being the meanest, hardest mutha around, i've heard he checks under his bed at night in case Clint Eastwood is there.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th August 2021, 11:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Psychic. 1977.

A young girl Virginia living in Italy has visions of her mum who is in England jumping off a cliff, Years later Virginia now grown up discovers a skeleton in her husband's house and investigates it but could she be looking into the future.

This was a nice suspenseful supernatural giallo from Lucio Fulci, aside from the dialogue that was made in English, dubbed in Italian then dubbed back to English that the story seemed to have one or two plot holes or parts that make little sense, this had me gripped onto the edge of the sofa with plenty plot twists that did make me go "Oh F@ck". The acting is done decently from Jennifer O'Neill as the older Virginia who becomes a detective in a mystery that is slowly pieced together. First time seeing this and won't be the last, plus some good interviews with Dardano Sachetti, Antonella Fulci and Fabio Frizzi.

the-psychic.jpg
Old 12th August 2021, 08:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Arkham Sanitarium

FF.
Two idiots investigate the aftermath of a cult's shenanigans.
They throw in the odd phrase that Howard used occasionally
Not quite as funny as Dagon for all that , though I did laugh at most of it tbh.
Next!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th August 2021, 01:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Psychic. 1977.

A young girl Virginia living in Italy has visions of her mum who is in England jumping off a cliff, Years later Virginia now grown up discovers a skeleton in her husband's house and investigates it but could she be looking into the future.

This was a nice suspenseful supernatural giallo from Lucio Fulci, aside from the dialogue that was made in English, dubbed in Italian then dubbed back to English that the story seemed to have one or two plot holes or parts that make little sense, this had me gripped onto the edge of the sofa with plenty plot twists that did make me go "Oh F@ck". The acting is done decently from Jennifer O'Neill as the older Virginia who becomes a detective in a mystery that is slowly pieced together. First time seeing this and won't be the last, plus some good interviews with Dardano Sachetti, Antonella Fulci and Fabio Frizzi.
I only saw this again a few weeks ago and couldn't tell you a thing about it.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 12th August 2021, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Holy Mountain. 1973.

In a corrupt fueled greed world, a Christ like thief meets a alchemist along with seven others who represent the stars of the solar system travel to seek high enlightenment at a holy temple on a mountain.

This is the second time seeing this film within a year and still find it bizarre, strange yet entertaining for it's colorfulness, are the people who represent the stars are actually representing the seven deadly sins and are forced to seek forgiveness.

There is two scenes that did make me feel uneasy yet Alejandro Jodorowsky managed to pull it off even though back in the 70s he may have had a few people saying "you can't do that" and he managed to do it. I showed Angie the trailer and I knew what her reply would be, hopefully I can convert to watch a good piece of cinema.

220px-Holy_Mountain.gif
Old 12th August 2021, 07:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It Chapter Two (2019)

At just shy of three hours this was hard work. To be honest the first ninety minutes or so were very good as the child characters from the first film are summoned back to Derry, Maine, 27 years later to once and for all deal with Pennywise the clown...or die trying.

It's the camaraderie between the characters again works well, helped by an excellent cast including James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain and Bill Hader who breathe renewed life into the film.

It all goes pear shaped during the final hour as the film becomes a CGI shitshow no different to the very worst of Marvel movies and i completely lost interest until the survivors left the cavernous underworld and returned to the streets.

Nice to see cameos from Stephen King and Peter Bogdanovich.

Like this? Share it using the links below!