Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2022, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

With horizon forbidden west, dying light 2, elden ring and gran turismo 7 haven't posted in awhile .

Finished all the Harry potter's as others mentioned deathly hallows part 1 was by for the worst just seemed Harry and co wander around for most of the movies, but part two was one of my favourites along with goblet of fire but prisoner of azkaban was probably my favourite.as the films went on they got darker an darker while Radcliff acting improves greatly.

Also watched the hills have eyes which is very gritty and a unsettling dirty atmosphere. The story of a family who are on a camping holiday and are hunted by a group of inbred cannibals but soon the tables are turned and the survivors become even more violent than thier torturers.

Now watching.

Roxanne (1987) and off too see The Batman tomorrow.

Last edited by trebor8273; 9th March 2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 9th March 2022, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Psychic Killer. 1975.

Arnold uses a medallion given to him that causes astro projectory and seeks revenge on those who he thinks have wronged him.

Jim Hutton plays the lead who is incarcerated in a mental asylum for a killing of a doctor and meets Emilio played by Stack Pierce who tells him he plans his revenge as well.

Although it isn't a long scene, the exposition between the two and why they are locked up is brilliant on how they give their dialogue, from two guys being strangers and looking out from a wire fence watching for a train, then to be good friends in a matter of minutes.

Paul Burke plays the detective who is baffled by two strange deaths in a matter of hours and soon finds the connection and trying to prove Arnold is behind the killings but doesn't know how he can do it. Julie Adams plays the psychiatrist who is drawn into the investigation and seeks help from a parapsychologist who may know the answer.

Right from the start to the end, this is fast paced and entertaining with a new take on the astro-projectory theme, this film doesn't rely on blood and gore but more on suspense moments as we see who is on the list and how they will meet their demise.

MV5BNWI0MjUyZDEtMTBlNy00YTY2LWI1NTYtNjk0OGIzODNiNWI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR13.jpg
Old 9th March 2022, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Psychic Killer. 1975.
I've never seen this. keep hoping one of our labels will eventually release it.

I know it's out via someone Stateside.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen this. keep hoping one of our labels will eventually release it.

I know it's out via someone Stateside.
Vinegar Syndrome has released it but needs a good Blu Ray release here
Old 9th March 2022, 10:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Vinegar Syndrome has released it but needs a good Blu Ray release here
Perhaps 101 might get their grubby mitts on it eventually. They seem to have a deal with VS for those AGFA titles.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Perhaps 101 might get their grubby mitts on it eventually. They seem to have a deal with VS for those AGFA titles.
It needs a good release
Old 10th March 2022, 10:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Carnage. 1984.

A newly wed couple move into a new house where a couple had committed suicide years earlier and believe they are haunting the house.

I came across this film two years ago and thought very little of it, decided to give it a re-watch, managed to find a decent copy of it online and strangely I enjoyed it, the acting may not be the greatest, the visual effects of the ghosts appearing and disappearing isn't the best. The kill scene is a laugh as you can see its a mannequin. The house itself does have that Gothic looking atmosphere that makes it the perfect setting but with Andy Milligan you really can't complain.

p47199_p_v8_aa.jpg
Old 10th March 2022, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vendetta. 2015.

After two killer brothers go free and target a detective's family and kills his wife and child. Denvers decides to get payback, take out one brother and get thrown in jail to confront the other brother.

Hell in a cell...the movies tagline made by WWE who also produced this film with The Soska Sisters at the directors chair so you can expect plenty of blood splatter. Dean Cain plays the vengeful detective who wants payback on the convict Victor Abbott played by Paul Wight (The Big Show). This is a bit like In Hell meets Lock Up, the pace is decent and plenty good fights but Big Show is best staying in the ring rather be in a film.

p11748634_v_h9_ad.jpg
Old 10th March 2022, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Carry On Columbus (1992, Gerald Thomas)

Well I finally cracked and watched it. Now at least I can say I found a worse CO than England

Jim Dale takes a break from singing on stage to carry on the fine tradition of knob and pussy gags we all grew up with.
Or not. Never mind the fact it looked more like one of the TV episodes, it just wasn't funny even if the Inqusition did make me larf when they turned up to spoil things for our intrepid adventurer. Woeful. I never learn.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 10th March 2022 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10th March 2022, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Carry On Columbus (1992, Gerald Thomas)

Well I finally cracked and watched it. Now at least I can say I found a worse CO then England

Jim Dale takes a break from singing on stage to carry on the fine tradition of knob and pussy gags we all grew up with.
Or not. Never mind the fact it looked more like one of the TV episodes, it just wasn't funny even if the Inqusition did make me larf when they turned up to spoil things for our intrepid adventurer. Woeful. I never learn.
I'm sure we have all seen it Demon and one thats always forgotten easily.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!